• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jermyn
Now, if Corthay were included in the Harrods sale I'd be more tempted
laugh.gif

Harrods Sale starts tomorrow, June 18th.

I rather doubt, Corthay will be included: they've only just started stocking them.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually got my Corthay from this shop in Lyon, but they stocked both of the colors in the last I wanted, and I really did not want to deal with customs and all that if I had them shipped upon completion in a couple weeks.

But thanks for all the compliments on the kicks, I am surprised so many people like them!

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ You bought them from Upper Shoes in Lyon? They even sell them online, and have two models on sale (700-800 euros). No experience with this hsop though.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Newcomer
I am surprised so many people like them!

corthays have always been forum darlings.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clausc
^ You bought them from Upper Shoes in Lyon? They even sell them online, and have two models on sale (700-800 euros). No experience with this hsop though.

Yes, I bought them there. The shop was completely legitimate--they have three locations within about a mile of each other in Lyon. Probably the best shoe store I have ever been in--but keeping that in mind, I have been in neither Leather Soul nor Leffot. I am in Lyon for the next month and a half, so I figured I would just shop local.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now those I can get behind Ishi!

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sinnedk
very interesting look

+1 But the leather looks low quality.

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
+1 But the leather looks low quality.
What makes you say that, friend? They are approximately 70- 80 years old, and worn. It will take some time, using regular conditioning & polishing to fully rejuvenate the leather. In their time, Crosby Square made, arguably, the nicest shoes in the US.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by isshinryu101
What makes you say that, friend? They are approximately 70- 80 years old, and worn. It will take some time, using regular conditioning & polishing to fully rejuvenate the leather.

In their time, Crosby Square made, arguably, the nicest shoes in the US.

No offense! What led me to my comment was the homogeneous shininess of the leather, which looks like corrected grain. I didn't know they were that old - good find.

emptym

Reaction score
I'm sure CS made some great shoes, but I had a pair that was almost certainly corrected grain and iirc it had cloth lining and a fiberboard insole.

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
No offense! What led me to my comment was the homogeneous shininess of the leather, which looks like corrected grain. I didn't know they were that old - good find.

My apologies. I didn't mean to sound snippy. You're always a gentleman poster & I appreciate your observations. That's the whole point of posting. THANK YOU.

I guess I'm always prepared to be "lambasted" on this thread. MY tastes seem to invoke all kinds of emotions... which, good or bad... is a good thing. It's all in good fun!

They actually belong to a friend, a true "vintage aficionado" with much 'better' (but similar) taste than mine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads