• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NHL 2010-2011 Season

guster

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jarude
The team who wanted it more won it, not much else to say. Vancouver had two chances to bring it, and didn't. Thomas was excellent, and I LOVED the "Bettman sucks" chant. Nice to see Canuck fans inside the arena give the Bruins the props they deserved... and then immediately switch it off into boos when buttman got the mic.

Gonna be a long, long summer boys. Who goes first overall? Eberle - RNH - Hall = next Oiler dynasty?

I was impressed with how many fans stuck around until the late into the award ceremony.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by guster
Would you stop whining about the fanbase. It is always a small minority for this junk. Do you really believe the Montreal fanbase is any different? It's not. Riots are not happening in Boston. But if they do, or if some fights break out, it a very small group of losers.

Is the LA fanbase a terrible baseball fan base because some convicts could not hack opposing fans? No.

Vancouver had how many people downtown? At least 150,000, right? Atv report said 1/2 million down there. A small fraction are causing the problem.

Vancouver isn't a terrible fanbase because of these riots. It's a terrible fanbase because of its fans. Same goes for Boston.

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll give the Canucks fans thumbs up for sticking around Rogers after the game ended. Pretty cool when Lucic carried the cup and they cheered.

No more Homer series with the win on the road.

Three game seven wins in order to hoist the cup is epic. Its going to be a slow work day tomorrow here in Boston. Thank god most of the college kids are gone.

guster

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lord-Barrington
Vancouver isn't a terrible fanbase because of these riots. It's a terrible fanbase because of its fans. Same goes for Boston.

LOL. Your Hab bitterness is so apparent. Hope insulting other fans makes you feel a little bit better. You are what you hate. And your despised Bruins are Champs!

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by guster
LOL. Your Hab bitterness is so apparent. Hope insulting other fans makes you feel a little bit better. You are what you hate. And your despised Bruins are Champs!

I've stated, in this very thread, that the vast majority of Habs fans are just as bad as either fanbases. Call me a whiner if you will, but don't call me a homer. I also gave Boston profuse amounts of praise for their win. Read my posts and quit being a gratuitous jackass.

Chargersfan

Reaction score
Bahhhhhston are still faggots lol...don't really care that much...94 was worse. It's pretty cool seeing the pics of Bruins fans beaten unconscious on the streets though lol

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So embarrassed for our town. A loss is one thing, it's a ******* game after all, but this is just ridiculous. They're only rioting because there was a riot in '94- none of these young men came down for the hockey. Not when you've come down with a backpack full of bad ****.

guster

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chargersfan
Bahhhhhston are still faggots lol...don't really care that much...94 was worse. It's pretty cool seeing the pics of Bruins fans beaten unconscious on the streets though lol

Thought you would be running the streets with your crew....
A fan of Chargers and Canucks...ouch

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol... so now I'm getting schadenfreude PMs from guster since evidently I'm a big Nucks fan (reality: Flames homer) and he's still sad that Rome had his feet on the ice.

As much as I dislike how much LordB bitches about NHL fans, idiots like him and chargersfan really make him look like a smart guy. Would be curious to know the age/education/socioeconomic status of some repeat offenders in this thread.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jarude
Lol... so now I'm getting schadenfreude PMs from guster since evidently I'm a big Nucks fan (reality: Flames homer) and he's still sad that Rome had his feet on the ice.

As much as I dislike how much LordB bitches about NHL fans, idiots like him and chargersfan really make him look like a smart guy.

Thanks for the backhanded compliment. Guster is a dick.

In my defence, I've been totally consistent with my views since I started posting on this thread. I give credit where credit is due and I give none where I feel it isn't.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Well, you may have the refs on your side, but even if the Bruins should win anything, it'll be tainted by the fact that they'll be the worst team to ever win a championship in the history of professional sports.

.... and your Canucks lost to that "worst team to ever win a championship". Butthurt much?

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup, they sure are...

Someone ban this guy. Good grief.
frown.gif

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny to hear all the LOL-uongo talk from the average hockey fan. Yeah, he sucked pretty hard on the road (8.03 GAA or something? amazing) but the fact that people are placing the blame on him is incredible. For one thing, he's certainly not going anywhere, and the disappearance of Kesler/Sedins/Hamhuis and a combined 8 goals in the series means it was a definite team loss.

Lu shoulda had the 2nd goal, first one was a little fluky, and the 3rd, well, it woulda been a penalty shot even if it were disallowed. I know he has his billions of dollars and his gold medal to keep him warm at night, but ****, imagine how ******* ****** he feels right now. /goalie homer

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Canucks Fan Arrests in Vancouver on the Night of June 15, 2011:

vaalbara: 250
Lord Barrington: 221
LawrenceMD: 222
jrd617: 75
Navi: 50
Gomestar: 42
Sancho Panzo Christ: 41
unjung: 17

Votes closed

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads