• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NHL 2010-2011 Season

corneliusparky

Reaction score
LOL Heatley to the Wild for Havlat. I hate Heatley...love seeing him go to a lesser team. Sharks really must have wanted to save some money or to get rid of him since Havlat is so mercurial.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by corneliusparky
LOL Heatley to the Wild for Havlat. I hate Heatley...love seeing him go to a lesser team. Sharks really must have wanted to save some money or to get rid of him since Havlat is so mercurial.

Very odd move. But surely it freed up some cap space. Really weird off-season so far. 40+ goal scorers are moving like hotcakes.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heatley for Havlat straight up seems strange considering Heatley's past production and Havlat's injuries but the Sharks are a team that wants to get over the hump so I guess they figured they'd go with the proven playoff commodity and divest themselves of a guy who has never been very good when it counts the most.

I think Havlat is comparable to Heatley in skill and he's much better than him in the playoffs but the injury question is huge with him. He is super fragile.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Havlat's production is not on the same level with Heatley. He's a 20/60 point guy at this stage, whereas if Heatley scores fewer than 30/70 he's a disappointment. But Havlat can actually play defense, and they saved 2.5 mil in cap, so it's not that one sided a deal. You'd think they could've squeezed a pick out of it though.

This would've made more sense as part of a the earlier Wild/SJ deal making the whole thing a package.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Havlat's production is not on the same level with Heatley. He's a 20/60 point guy at this stage, whereas if Heatley scores fewer than 30/70 he's a disappointment. But Havlat can actually play defense, and they saved 2.5 mil in cap, so it's not that one sided a deal. You'd think they could've squeezed a pick out of it though.

This would've made more sense as part of a the earlier Wild/SJ deal making the whole thing a package.

When Havlat is healthy (which is unfortunately quite rare) their recent production has been similar but Heatley certainly it more of a pure sniper. I think it comes down to playoff production and what type of guy each is in a locker room. Heatley has been followed by rumors his entire career that his difficult to play with and taciturn.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six

That couldn't have happened as Heatley had until 1 July to make his list of 10 teams he would not accept a trade to. He did that Friday.

I am excited for Dany to play in St. Paul. I think he stands a much better chance of success there than Havlat, who proved to be rather moody and distracted.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
That couldn't have happened as Heatley had until 1 July to make his list of 10 teams he would not accept a trade to. He did that Friday.

I am excited for Dany to play in St. Paul. I think he stands a much better chance of success there than Havlat, who proved to be rather moody and distracted.

We are talking about the same Dany Heatley, right?
eh.gif

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Heatley seems genuinely pleased to be in Minnesota, something Havlat never showed.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kaberle is signed by the Hurricanes. I think that was in the best interest of everyone. He was unfairly savaged by the Boston media and fans but they expected way too much out of him.

Chris Waffles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Heatley seems genuinely pleased to be in Minnesota, something Havlat never showed.

In Havlat's defense....is there ever any reason to be pleased to be in Minnesota?

Chris Waffles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lord-Barrington
When Havlat is healthy (which is unfortunately quite rare) their recent production has been similar but Heatley certainly it more of a pure sniper. I think it comes down to playoff production and what type of guy each is in a locker room. Heatley has been followed by rumors his entire career that his difficult to play with and taciturn.
He's fallen a long way from his run with the Senators in 2007--he actually played well for most of the playoffs that year, even if his team didn't have anything to show for it.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw Jeff Halpern last night at the rink in Ashburn, VA getting some private skating lessons before my beer league game.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads