1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NHL 2010-2011 Season

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by ryoneo, Sep 23, 2010.

1. ryoneo

ryoneo Senior member

Just for the hockey fans. Preseason just started and I can't wait for the regular season. I am pumped for the Flyers this season. They are balanced and added some solid defensemen (Matt Carle and Andrej Meszaros) to help out Pronger and Timonen. We got rid of Gagne but added Zherdev and Guerin to get some needed scoring. Goaltending will always be the issue though. So I'm going to come out and say it... the Flyers are going to win the cup this season.[​IMG]

2. intent

intent Senior member

I don't care if the Flyers win. I just want to see the Canucks advance past the second round --- hopefully beating Chicago in the process.

3. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Guerin is old. You can keep Zherdev, thanks. Pronger is well...
    [​IMG]

Lets go Rangers. We'll win the Cup...in another 39 years.

4. countdemoney

countdemoney Senior member

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

5. ryoneo

ryoneo Senior member

Damn you, Rob! But all I remember was this, after we beat you in that shootout.
    [​IMG]

6. zeeth

zeeth Well-Known Member

pronger is a fucking monster. wish he was on my team.

7. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

Maybe the Wild will get to the post-season this time around. Their pre hasn't been impressive at all, though.

8. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

I don't care if the Flyers win. I just want to see the Canucks advance past the second round --- hopefully beating Chicago in the process.

Everytime I hear Chelsea Dagger my blood burns with rage. (sortof)

9. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Damn you, Rob! But all I remember was this, after we beat you in that shootout.
    [​IMG]

Touche!

We'll see this year. No goaltending will eventually catch up.

10. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

Maybe the Wild will get to the post-season this time around. Their pre hasn't been impressive at all, though.
    I really doubt it. They're pretty horrible. Goalie would need a career year. The Hockey News picked the Canucks to win the cup this year - hopefully the lofty expectations are not misplaced.
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. 'Nucks and Ducks tonight on CBC, will be streamed online for US'ers who don't have it.

11. aaronxxx

aaronxxx Senior member

thrashers are winning the cup this year. sorry fellas.

12. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

[​IMG]

13. ryoneo

ryoneo Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

14. baseball2429

baseball2429 Active Member

this thread title is much better than the other hockey thread.

with that being said, GO DUCKS! I hope our team learns how to play defense this year. Losing Scotty sucks.

15. RedScarf7

RedScarf7 Senior member

Lol. The Winnipeg Jets have a better chance of winning the cup.

Go Flames.

16. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

Lol. The Winnipeg Jets have a better chance of winning the cup.
    Go Flames.

This is some pretty ironic juxtaposition right here. And the award for "most embarassing offseason moves" goes to...

this thread title is much better than the other hockey thread.

with that being said, GO DUCKS! I hope our team learns how to play defense this year. Losing Scotty sucks.

They'll probably trade for a new top 4 guy. Possible destination for Bieksa, maybe take a chance on Redden or just bite the bullet and overpay for Souray... there aren't that many guys out there for sale.

17. RedScarf7

RedScarf7 Senior member

This is some pretty ironic juxtaposition right here. And the award for "most embarassing offseason moves" goes to...

I don't expect the flames to win the cup, but I think they have positioned themselves to be competitive for the top spot in the north-west division. I'm a fan of them bringing Tanguay and Jokinen back, especially at the price they got them at.

18. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

They'll be lucky to make the playoffs. I give better odds on everything coming together in Edmonton than seeing the Flames somehow mesh as a team and not look like the mess they did last year. And it takes a special kind of homer to like those two signings after the years those guys are coming off of. Check their stats from last season. Tanguay played 80 games in the same top 6 as the rocket richard winner and got 10 goals and 37 points in a contract year. Yeah, that's something to look forward to. We have a guy on a pro tryout who's probably going to sign for league minimum who had a better year. As for Joker, there's only one word: "cancer".

19. RedScarf7

RedScarf7 Senior member

They'll be lucky to make the playoffs. I give better odds on everything coming together in Edmonton than seeing the Flames somehow mesh as a team and not look like the mess they did last year. And it takes a special kind of homer to like those two signings after the years those guys are coming off of. Check their stats from last season. Tanguay played 80 games in the same top 6 as the rocket richard winner and got 10 goals and 37 points in a contract year. Yeah, that's something to look forward to. We have a guy on a pro tryout who's probably going to sign for league minimum who had a better year. As for Joker, there's only one word: "cancer".

Both players had shitty years, but I don't think the last year was representative of either of their abilities. I have more hope for Tanguay given the chemistry he had with Iginla during his previous stint with the Flames. Hopefully their performance's will speak for themselves, time will tell!

Morrison could prove to be a great signing for the Canucks, but he has a lot to prove after three mediocre seasons.

I would be happy to make a friendly wager on whether or not the Flames make the playoffs if you are at all interested.

20. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

Jokinen and Tanguay's abilities at this point make them potentially 50-60 point guys. Iginla is a ppg guy though he wasn't last year. After those three there isn't much there. Relying on Hagman, Stajan and Bourque is not a recipe for offensive success and the D isn't even as good as last year. I don't see how you can look at it as a big upgrade, and I definitely don't see how it could be a big enough upgrade to go from missing the playoffs to division champs.

I save my betting for hockey pools. Though if I knew you in person I'd probably take that.