• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Go-to Dress Shoe Brand

Uncle Ernie

Reaction score
Paraboot... I own AE and Peal (C&J?) too, but prefer them.

Knucklehead

Reaction score
Seems like C&J is the alpha dog as far as British shoes go. I was going to try some English shoes on my next purchase but I only want to spend about GBP 180 or <300 USD. I never see C&J in my size at that price point when I check ebay or B&S.

kdv10

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
John Lobb. They fit me perfectly, look great, and provide all day comfort. I used to reserve them for wear on special occasions only until recently when I realized that they look and feel far better than any other shoes I own.

+1. And I thank SF for having introduced me to the brand.

Renton

Reaction score
Voted Alden and Tricker's, mostly because they have shoes that cater to my annoyingly wide feet.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Knucklehead
Seems like C&J is the alpha dog as far as British shoes go. I was going to try some English shoes on my next purchase but I only want to spend about GBP 180 or <300 USD. I never see C&J in my size at that price point when I check ebay or B&S.
Um, someone lied to you. C&J is not the alfa dog.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Renton
Voted Alden and Tricker's, mostly because they have shoes that cater to my annoyingly wide feet.
haaa, this is a very good point. AE also offers some wide fittings

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mktitsworth
And they're back to tied!

another surprise: Alden 30, EG 29, JL 26

very interesting

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This shakes out just as I expected it would. The only mild surprise is Alden's performance. I would have expected them to rank lower, but maybe I'm just projecting my own bias.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I voted Allen Edmonds. They have always fit great with minimal break-in time and have held up fine for me. I used to always get Cole Haans but learned the folly of my ways a year or so ago and haven't looked back since.

I've got a couple pair of Alden's and they seem nice enough but I don't think I would ever pay the full retail price for them.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Allen Edmunds is where i am currently, in shoe trend. Looking forward too getting to know Edward Green and Ferragamo Tramezza line
biggrin.gif

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tipped it in favour of C&J
bigstar[1].gif

I'm hoping I can add DS Lewis to my go-to at some point this year
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads