Your Go-to Dress Shoe Brand

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Jun 11, 2011.

1. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

I voted for Gaziano & Girling, I like their style, plus, their shoes fit me the best of everything that I've tried.

2. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

John Lobb. They fit me perfectly, look great, and provide all day comfort. I used to reserve them for wear on special occasions only until recently when I realized that they look and feel far better than any other shoes I own.

3. Patek

Patek Senior member

Used to be Ferragamo now it is EG and Ferragamos are used for rainy days.

EG just fits me the best and has the right amount of arch support.

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

John Lobb. They fit me perfectly, look great, and provide all day comfort. I used to reserve them for wear on special occasions only until recently when I realized that they look and feel far better than any other shoes I own.
    This

5. Geezer

Geezer Senior member

WS Foster RTW, EG-made, on the 88 last - about half my shoes, if I include 2 pr of now-defunct Wildsmiths on the EG 88 last. Finest RTW last there is, for my foot.

The remainder: a mix of EG-made WS Foster on the 202, EGs on the 202 and 82, 1 pr C and J made Wildsmiths, four pairs of Churches, one pair Henry Maxwell RTW, and, if loafers count, 2 pr WS Foster on the 69 last and one pr WS Foster bespoke (uncollected bespoke, ordered by someone else, but they fit me).

6. Mr.Pooter

Mr.Pooter Active Member

Do you really believe a poll with 50 brands and only 100 votes means anything? You'd need a 100k votes for get a good idea what men are wearing and I an assure you that 99% of them will be wearing something in the Kenneth Cole category(or cheaper)

7. Geezer

Geezer Senior member

Do you really believe a poll with 50 brands and only 100 votes means anything? You'd need a 100k votes for get a good idea what men are wearing and I an assure you that 99% of them will be wearing something in the Kenneth Cole category(or cheaper)
    Surely this isn't intended to be a statistically sound poll of all 4 billion men on the planet? It is a poll giving insight into sentiment on this board, especially among active posters. Before I posted/voted, I thought C and J would be ahead, with (as so many Americans are on it) Alden and AE (seconds) doing well and probably EG and JLP in the running somewhere. So far, that's pretty accurate. Edit: though I am pleasantly suprised at how many voted G and G, and just surprised how few picked Alfred Sargent.

8. rabiesinfrance

rabiesinfrance Senior member

Tricker's mainly (I like 'country' shoes and boots), C&J, EG. Find that Tricker's are a tad nicer than C&J benchgrade, and they do nice traditional lasts (don't like pointy lasts e.g. C&J 341, 337, 348). EG all the way - have a pair of the Galway. Saving the pennies up for a Malvern full brogue. Grenson do/did some nice 'Rose' shoes, and all makers by and large have a few gems. Not always about price. I still think it's stupid money to pay over £500 for a pair of RTW shoes, even at top-end, whatever anyone says.

9. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Senior member

I wonder how a survey these survey results would look if we could view SF user preference by country of residence.

10. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

With C&J taking a commanding lead in the poal, Im surprised more people are not being more vocal about the fit.

11. NiFTY

NiFTY Senior member

from personal experience - C + J and santoni (FAM) are both great.

12. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

I had to vote "Other".

During a recent cruise to Spain and Italy, I walked through Florence, Rome, Pompeii and Palma in sunshine and in rain, on flat surfaces and cobblestones while wearing a pair of split toe Mezlans. Interestingly (to me), the Allen Edmonds never left the boat and I luvz me some AE's.

Then again, I've never worn 99% of the rest of the shoes listed.

13. earthdragon

earthdragon Senior member

I have to agree with Spoo - C&J pretty much a perfect fit - straight out of the gate. EG & then JL's for me.

14. Kauai

Kauai Senior member

That sums it up for me

15. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

With C&J taking a commanding lead in the poal, Im surprised more people are not being more vocal about the fit.
    allen edmonds is surging! im surprised so many people picked AE. someone needs to start a dedicated AE thread similar to the Alden thread