• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Go-to Dress Shoe Brand

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I voted for Gaziano & Girling, I like their style, plus, their shoes fit me the best of everything that I've tried.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
John Lobb. They fit me perfectly, look great, and provide all day comfort. I used to reserve them for wear on special occasions only until recently when I realized that they look and feel far better than any other shoes I own.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Used to be Ferragamo now it is EG and Ferragamos are used for rainy days.

EG just fits me the best and has the right amount of arch support.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
John Lobb. They fit me perfectly, look great, and provide all day comfort. I used to reserve them for wear on special occasions only until recently when I realized that they look and feel far better than any other shoes I own.
This

Geezer

Reaction score
WS Foster RTW, EG-made, on the 88 last - about half my shoes, if I include 2 pr of now-defunct Wildsmiths on the EG 88 last. Finest RTW last there is, for my foot.

The remainder: a mix of EG-made WS Foster on the 202, EGs on the 202 and 82, 1 pr C and J made Wildsmiths, four pairs of Churches, one pair Henry Maxwell RTW, and, if loafers count, 2 pr WS Foster on the 69 last and one pr WS Foster bespoke (uncollected bespoke, ordered by someone else, but they fit me).

Mr.Pooter

Reaction score
Do you really believe a poll with 50 brands and only 100 votes means anything? You'd need a 100k votes for get a good idea what men are wearing and I an assure you that 99% of them will be wearing something in the Kenneth Cole category(or cheaper)

Geezer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr.Pooter
Do you really believe a poll with 50 brands and only 100 votes means anything? You'd need a 100k votes for get a good idea what men are wearing and I an assure you that 99% of them will be wearing something in the Kenneth Cole category(or cheaper)
Surely this isn't intended to be a statistically sound poll of all 4 billion men on the planet? It is a poll giving insight into sentiment on this board, especially among active posters. Before I posted/voted, I thought C and J would be ahead, with (as so many Americans are on it) Alden and AE (seconds) doing well and probably EG and JLP in the running somewhere. So far, that's pretty accurate. Edit: though I am pleasantly suprised at how many voted G and G, and just surprised how few picked Alfred Sargent.

rabiesinfrance

Reaction score
Tricker's mainly (I like 'country' shoes and boots), C&J, EG. Find that Tricker's are a tad nicer than C&J benchgrade, and they do nice traditional lasts (don't like pointy lasts e.g. C&J 341, 337, 348). EG all the way - have a pair of the Galway. Saving the pennies up for a Malvern full brogue. Grenson do/did some nice 'Rose' shoes, and all makers by and large have a few gems. Not always about price. I still think it's stupid money to pay over £500 for a pair of RTW shoes, even at top-end, whatever anyone says.

Knucklehead

Reaction score
I wonder how a survey these survey results would look if we could view SF user preference by country of residence.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had to vote "Other".

During a recent cruise to Spain and Italy, I walked through Florence, Rome, Pompeii and Palma in sunshine and in rain, on flat surfaces and cobblestones while wearing a pair of split toe Mezlans. Interestingly (to me), the Allen Edmonds never left the boat and I luvz me some AE's.

Then again, I've never worn 99% of the rest of the shoes listed.

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with Spoo - C&J pretty much a perfect fit - straight out of the gate. EG & then JL's for me.

Kauai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay

That sums it up for me

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
With C&J taking a commanding lead in the poal, Im surprised more people are not being more vocal about the fit.
allen edmonds is surging! im surprised so many people picked AE. someone needs to start a dedicated AE thread similar to the Alden thread

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads