• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Uh, did you see the post I linked to? Eating trash like that regularly gets people into that state. And then they justify their condition with straw man arguments like "I'm too busy to go to the gym." As though avoiding some dumbbells is what led to their stomach obstructing the view of their feet. I lean pretty far to the left on most issues, but the rampant coddling of America's overweight and obese is something I can't get on board with. Have some self-discipline and respect.

it's just difficult to have self control when you are surrounded by food all the time.

to tell you the truth, I wasn't always overweight. I was skinny during my late teens and mid twenties. I was overweight in between and now. all through out, I experienced people's different behavior towards me which made me a better person. I must say and I'm not being arrogant, during my prime, I tend to make some people go crazy and that's both sexes
biggrin.gif

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't ever want to experience a prime/peak in my life. That's a really disconcerting thought, actually.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
True, but I'd argue what sort of exercise you're doing makes a sizable difference. Even for a small-ish guy like me (140 some lbs), an hour distance run burns about 1000 calories... that makes quite a dent- consistently doing workouts like that you'll lose weight even if you don't alter your diet

You might know what you are talking about, but offhand, most 'calorie burned per activity' estimations run high. That sounds quite high unless you are quite powerfully running that.

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what I actually mean by prime is when I was in better shape.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by reedobandito
I don't ever want to experience a prime/peak in my life. That's a really disconcerting thought, actually.

unfortunately there's only one way to prevent that

saelan

Reaction score
I think tween's pants are cool, too, but I imagine that if they were mine, I'd end up not wearing them much for lack of good things to pair them with. On that note, I dunno if they look good with the NBs.

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by db_ggmm
You might know what you are talking about, but offhand, most 'calorie burned per activity' estimations run high. That sounds quite high unless you are quite powerfully running that.

I've always been vaguely curious, but too lazy to google, but how accurate in general are machine estimates of calories burned based on treadmill/elliptical machine readouts? Like doing 155-170 bpm cardio for 30-60 minutes I supposedly burn anywhere from 400 (Running at about 8:30-9 minutes per mile) or 1200-1300 (1 hr on elliptical). That seems pretty high.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vaio
hello SF, are these shoes too feminine? Gonna be worn with shorts..

I have small feet.

DcqGCl.jpg

Not too feminine at all and will look even better with a scuff or two on them.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by db_ggmm
Yeah, I should have specified speed as well... I was assuming a pace a little over 7min/mile (so about 8.5miles in an hour)

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
they're not that ridiculously high waisted. remember he's probably a fair bit older than most of us. also the camera angle is probably not helping.
Thank you. I am older than many on the SW&D, but not that old. I am well past the low rise jeans stage though (which I used to wear when I was younger). These trousers are really good quality and fit well. I was also very skeptical at first about high rise trousers, but these are very comfortable to wear and look good on me. It is hard to capture the look in a photo, so many factors come into play. As y'all know it is not easy taking good fit photos. I am not going to argue about high rise vs low rise preferences. Wear what you feel the most comfortable in. The reason I posted that photo here was to provide some counterpoint to the fits posted here. I will try and post better photos early in the morning (so that you can see the lines better) when I wear these again.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
hence unfortunate, steroids can have unintended consequences. I suggest you visit the broscientists in health subforum.

egdohov

Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
I am not going to argue about high rise vs low rise preferences. Wear what you feel the most comfortable in. The reason I posted that photo here was to provide some counterpoint to the fits posted here. I will try and post better photos early in the morning (so that you can see the lines better) when I wear these again.

But disregarding their backstory, they still look odd to anybody who doesn't know. 1 person for the fit vs. 10+ against... I think the high waist could be ok, but I still think they could be a bit slimmer on you

Navi

Reaction score
first sw&d post so still learning the ropes as far as more casual fits go, crosspost from the MC thread. Love the shirt, unsure if the jeans are right for my build, dislike the shoes (nice pair of more casual shoes are next on my to-buy list; considering between sneakers, suede dress shoes in tobacco or white)

100_11492.jpg
100_1155.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads