The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

High-quality individual pieces, which is always nice. You look comfortable and natural!

On the side note, you're wearing Alden indys and the 007 shirt that Sunspel is selling. [​IMG]

I have a thing for iconic pieces. Thought about throwing my Baracuta Harrington on top of it and calling it a day. [​IMG]

2. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

3. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

Playing dress up and getting my Nepenthes on. Didn't actually wear this out in the heat today, just trying to decide if I want to keep the pants or not.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    WWM EG NB

well duh! awesome pants tween. the pattern reminds me of those SI shadow project pants. nepenthes has some cool vintage CD monsieur sunglasses. you ever try them on?

4. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

Thanks guys, yeah I really like the pants, I just can't decide if I "$250 like them"

They're super light weight and would be awesome for summer, but they are sort of high waisted and cinch-back so I don't know if I would wear them as much to work as I would like, and that's what I got them for. Kinda thought they looked weird with a shirt tucked in but it could be just because I was wearing that heavy chambray.

Snow: I didn't try any of the glasses on but I chatted with the guy a bit and apparently a customer approached them and said his dad used to have an optical shop and they had all these deadstock designer frames. This actually came up because they were selling some vintage graphic design type books and I talked about how my dad and grandfather both owned a print shop and so I have tons of books like that dating back to the 30's full of design ideas haha

5. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

whoa that is cool.
    what kind of designs? chairs, funriture etc?

6. tween_spirit

whoa that is cool.
    what kind of designs? chairs, funriture etc?

No sorry, like ideas for advertisements / ad layouts (magazine, newspaper, poster, rubber stamps etc) and logo design. That kind of stuff. Tons of books with fonts that you could order (as type, letterpress stuff) and OG clipart from the 60's and 70's lol. I have like cases and cases full of drawers and drawers of various letterpress type and tons of custom graphics for that purpose as well. Feel like I could take it all to Brooklyn and make a killing selling it to etsy types hahaha

7. xyzadc27

xyzadc27 New Member

hello,love the clothing in here.

8. jet

jet Persian Bro

Hilariously ironic hendrix is the only one defending the pants.

They look terrible, typical mc groupthink about quality while neglecting end result.

9. Peter1

Peter1 Senior member

Thanks guys, yeah I really like the pants, I just can't decide if I "$250 like them"

They're super light weight and would be awesome for summer, but they are sort of high waisted and cinch-back so I don't know if I would wear them as much to work as I would like, and that's what I got them for. Kinda thought they looked weird with a shirt tucked in but it could be just because I was wearing that heavy chambray.

Cinch-back pants are meant to be high-waisted, i.e. they cinch around your waist, not hips. They would look great with a white EG 19th c. BD, tucked in loosely, and a pair of proper shoes w/out socks (white bucks? black camp mocs?

10. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

They look terrible, typical mc groupthink about quality while neglecting end result.

[​IMG]

11. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

I think he should wear the pants at his hips for some repro/gothninja crossover. Drapey loopwheeled tank and some ccp combats and you've successfully achieved both silly cosplay looks at once.

12. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Trying to see how much I could get away with for work. Sort of think I went a bit overboard here and should tone it down next time.
    (also wanted to wear beige linen trousers instead of what I wore but they were wrinkled badly from a wash)

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

13. alexanduh

alexanduh Senior member

nice hair aeglus.

14. saelan

saelan Senior member

aegluuuuus, def not going overboard. looks sick. I may not have a beard anymore, but I still need to wear clothes. [​IMG] our legacy indigo linen levis tank hope chinos bean bucks

15. tween_spirit

saelan I like that a lot, and I'm not usually into unbuttoned shirts.

Aeglus good stuff, but I wish those other pants weren't too wrinkled to wear. feel like it would have looked a lot better with them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.