The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Not bad for a first fit. Get your jeans properly altered so that they have a hem at the bottom. I'm assuming you just folded them up but it looks awkward. Also, you might want to consider jeans with a lower rise. It's hard to tell, but those look fairly high.

2. Wupper

Wupper Senior member

Awesome jacket! Rest is also great.

3. transient

transient Senior member

baad. all of the red pants fits lately have been pretty inspiring

4. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

5. rapefruit

rapefruit Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

pocket zipper open, hence pocket flare

no hate but your fingers look like dicks

6. Saul Silver

Saul Silver Senior member

i was making a gang joke. doesnt make sense to you because you aint ratchet.

Ok.

7. grimt

grimt Member

Not a bad look at all Wally_123. If you don't mind me asking, what brand are the boots that you're wearing?

8. Greylabel

Greylabel Well-Known Member

Nice first post wally. I'm like above, I'm digging the coloured pants lately. Aeglus killed it when he did it as well.

Anyway, I was out shooting tonight.

[​IMG]

9. grimt

grimt Member

[​IMG]

Okay I know this is really tacky to quote my own post but I could actually use some feedback on this. Are the red trousers working?

High-quality individual pieces, which is always nice. You look comfortable and natural!

On the side note, you're wearing Alden indys and the 007 shirt that Sunspel is selling. [​IMG]

10. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

Those Trickers sound really cool, post a pic for sure.

Playing dress up and getting my Nepenthes on. Didn't actually wear this out in the heat today, just trying to decide if I want to keep the pants or not.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WWM
    EG
    NB

Great!

11. Kiwi Man

Kiwi Man Senior member

[​IMG]

nom de guerre
    nom de guerre
    maison martin margiela

I thought that you should tuck your shirt in when the length of the shirt is long. I can see that fit pretty nicely, but they look long to me.

[​IMG]

lulz

Because you have left your face blank to our imagination, this look reminds me of the character of Patterson in Twilight movie. It probably has something to do with your hairstyle.

Those Trickers sound really cool, post a pic for sure.

Playing dress up and getting my Nepenthes on. Didn't actually wear this out in the heat today, just trying to decide if I want to keep the pants or not.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WWM
    EG
    NB

I like the pants. The pattern looks really great!

12. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Thank you. I am older than many on the SW&D, but not that old. I am well past the low rise jeans stage though (which I used to wear when I was younger). These trousers are really good quality and fit well. I was also very skeptical at first about high rise trousers, but these are very comfortable to wear and look good on me. It is hard to capture the look in a photo, so many factors come into play. As y'all know it is not easy taking good fit photos. I am not going to argue about high rise vs low rise preferences. Wear what you feel the most comfortable in. The reason I posted that photo here was to provide some counterpoint to the fits posted here. I will try and post better photos early in the morning (so that you can see the lines better) when I wear these again.
    Not to be a dick but if there is a way to wear high waisted pants in a way that looks good you haven't shown us. There's a lot of pants height between Russell Brand in Katy Perry's pants and Steve Urkel. Plus there are a few older SW&Ders and none of them wear pants at their nipples or use their age as a universal defense. The pants look bad.

13. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

you guys are being silly.

1. remove undershirt.
    2. put head in picture (part of the reason the proportions look weird).
    3. get lighter coloured less dressy belt.
    4. get better footwear. something a little chunkier, not chukkas. boots or longwings.
    (5) a nice hat

It will look good.

there's nothing wrong with that rise.

14. xCrunchx

xCrunchx Senior member

who was that directed at?

15. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

you guys are being silly. 1. remove undershirt. 2. put head in picture (part of the reason the proportions look weird). 3. get lighter coloured less dressy belt. 4. get better footwear. something a little chunkier, not chukkas. boots or longwings. (5) a nice hat It will look good. there's nothing wrong with that rise.
    I agree with this summary actually. Although I still feel that the pants should be slimmer cut. Also, in the picture he posted earlier of a soldier wearing the pants, I believe that there is definitely a lot more starching and ironing involved in making them look good. Like he admitted himself, he needed to sort out the ironing. Some spray starch and it could look better. To me, high waisted designs always look better slimmer or baggier and tapered. Fake Edit: Found an image on tumblr that's not ideal, but I prefer the way this looks already -
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.