The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Synth can u post a bad fit for a change?? Let me send you some of my clothes no homo.

2. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

they're not that ridiculously high waisted. remember he's probably a fair bit older than most of us. also the camera angle is probably not helping.

Are you kidding?

[​IMG]

He looks like he has no waist. He's all legs, no midsection. It looks so weird wearing pants up to your naval.

3. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

Are you kidding? He looks like he has no waist. He's all legs, no midsection.
    one could also say people who wear low rise jeans look like they have no crotch. obviously different cuts have different proportions. There's no perfect proportion, and frankly i like a nice bit of rise on older men. It looks a lot better than, for example Man of Kent wearing low rise Uniqlos. Similarly Uncontrol looks terrible in his tiny-rise jeans (what are they, 8"?), and he's probably got the best body for low rise stuff. No offense to MoK or Uncontrol, they usually look great, just pointing out that this bizarre approval of only certain proportions is narrow-sighted.

4. Alexlude

Alexlude Senior member

pants seem too baggy and super high waisted. I dont think he's that much older.. you should only wear pants that high.... never IMO I'm not the fashion police, nor am I sayin' I dress like a bawse, but that pic above reminded me of .. [​IMG]

5. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

[​IMG] Maui Jim Sunspel Wolf vs. Goat Alden
    Okay I know this is really tacky to quote my own post but I could actually use some feedback on this. Are the red trousers working?

6. thatguymj

thatguymj Senior member

Are you kidding?

[​IMG]

He looks like he has no waist. He's all legs, no midsection. It looks so weird wearing pants up to your naval.

exactly. it simply looks bad. why would you wear pants that make your proportions looks awful?

Funny that Hendrix of all people is defending him given I remember when I found this place and checked out a bunch of the old WAYWT pictures that he used to rock his pants WAYYYYYY too high as well. It took months of people's negative comments for him to finally realize he needed to 'sag' a little so his proportions wouldn't look so out of whack.

7. thatguymj

thatguymj Senior member

Okay I know this is really tacky to quote my own post but I could actually use some feedback on this. Are the red trousers working?

I think it looks decent.

Not a fan of the polo as it looks a tad bit short to me, but that's just nitpicking.

I have those same WvG red chinos and I feel like I always wear them with a blue shirt. Personally I find them kinda hard to wear...

8. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

I think it looks decent.

Not a fan of the polo as it looks a tad bit short to me, but that's just nitpicking.

I have those same WvG red chinos and I feel like I always wear them with a blue shirt. Personally I find them kinda hard to wear...

Right. The only thing I've felt comfortable wearing them with is a blue or a white solid polo or OCBD.

9. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

exactly. it simply looks bad. why would you wear pants that make your proportions looks awful?

Funny that Hendrix of all people is defending him given I remember when I found this place and checked out a bunch of the old WAYWT pictures that he used to rock his pants WAYYYYYY too high as well. It took months of people's negative comments for him to finally realize he needed to 'sag' a little so his proportions wouldn't look so out of whack.

yeah i did, and it looked stupid because i was wearing low-rise jeans. It was nothing to do with "proportions", it was to do with the fact that they fit all wrong because they were meant to be worn lower.

why would you wear pants that make your proportions looks awful?

did you bother reading what i wrote?

Since when was high-waistedness bad proportions? Is there some perfect place where we should all be wearing our pants?

10. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

Right. The only thing I've felt comfortable wearing them with is a blue or a white solid polo or OCBD.

Everything looks ok but that would turn into like a good summer look with shoes that aren't boots. They're just way too substantial for wearing a polo shirt and some red pants.

11. Alexlude

Alexlude Senior member

TK, i was going to say something similar.. with a heather grey vneck or something and some white achilles low CPs (or even some sperrys/sebago boat shoes or sneakers with a looser button down short sleeve??

12. APK

APK Senior member

Warning: MoK-style post forthcoming...

most of the time I don't buy clothes, I make them.
    and operating your own business which is a 16 hour a day job makes it difficult to go to the gym regularly so I just do treadmill and taebo

Lack of regular gym trips is just a sliver of the larger problem. I have quite a few friends that don't ever to to the gym or aren't that physically active. None of them are overweight; skinny fat, I guess. So that isn't your big problem. Eating trash like this is the bigger culprit to your current state of affairs.

It got really hot.

Before:
    [​IMG]
    EG
    Club Monaco
    W+H
    CPs

After:
    [​IMG]
    W+H x 2

Adding on to the "suffer for the fashunz" consensus that you should grow that beard back, heat be damned. It covers your weak jawline and compliments your aesthetic beautifully. Win-win.

Surprise, another day of work and another "MC" fit (maybe I should stop posting them over on this side?).
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Your MC-type stuff is so, so much better than your streetwear efforts. I love these.

Steve Urkel is not someone who you should take fashion cues from.

But he's already so influential on contemporary menswear!

[​IMG]

lulz

Excellent. I wish I could get that sort of lift for me hair. I usually can get it together for an hour after I get out of the shower and then *poof* no more. What's the shirt?

Thx!, pants are Zara

better pic of them below, sort of a lightweight waxy (really light on waxy feel) denim/chino hybrid.. I picked 'em up for the color and lightweight feel for the summer.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

What's the quality like on those? Those look a lot like the overdye APC PS that had me all gaga throughout spring.

I think it looks decent.

Looks fine here, but the cut on that chino is just...[​IMG]

13. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

most of the time I don't buy clothes, I make them.
    and operating your own business which is a 16 hour a day job makes it difficult to go to the gym regularly so I just do treadmill and taebo

I know this was said a while back, but can we just take a moment and talk about Colabear's 112 hour a week work schedule?! [​IMG]

14. afc345

afc345 Senior member

I just don't get how people get to that state, I mean, when I am working manual labour shuffling formwork and stuff I look like Hedi Slimane on some more crack, I mean how is that even.. I don't know

15. Alexlude

Alexlude Senior member

PK, not bad but they are thinner than APC PS.. more like a chino/denim hybrid.. perfect for summer IMO and price was 69 or 79 if i remember correctly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.