• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoMediaMan
Was at the Lincoln Park store on Sunday and picked up a shirt for $39. Saw the Davis fit dress pants, but wasn't about to pay full price for them. How is the fit on those? I have a pair of the Wright fit, but the rise on those pants is super high.

I tried on some of the summer-weight wool Davis dress pants a while back and wasn't crazy about them especially for the price, seemed too loose in the thigh and top block - they might be better sized down 1... but I can't try that because I'm a 30 and for some reason they make 32, 31, 30, and 28...but no 29.

I've found it works better to size down 2 on the wright when they're available, (did this with a heavyweight wool pair this winter) it makes them more of a mid-rise pant and slim overall without being way too tight in any given area (15.5waist, 10rise, 7.5LO on a 28), but I don't think they've released any wright dress pants for the summer

also
ffffuuuu.gif
at them closing another store (well the men's part)... now there's 3 stores in chicago and 2 are women's only... the lincoln park location is the only one with a men's section

ChicagoMediaMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
I tried on some of the summer-weight wool Davis dress pants a while back and wasn't crazy about them especially for the price, seemed too loose in the thigh and top block - they might be better sized down 1... but I can't try that because I'm a 30 and for some reason they make 32, 31, 30, and 28...but no 29.

I've found it works better to size down 2 on the wright when they're available, (did this with a heavyweight wool pair this winter) it makes them more of a mid-rise pant and slim overall without being way too tight in any given area (15.5waist, 10rise, 7.5LO on a 28), but I don't think they've released any wright dress pants for the summer

also
ffffuuuu.gif
at them closing another store (well the men's part)... now there's 3 stores in chicago and 2 are women's only... the lincoln park location is the only one with a men's section

Thanks. Good to know.

Yeah, I also got the email about the Bucktown store now only selling women's clothing. I remember when the 900 N. Mich Ave location also had a men's store too. There used to be 3 and now we are down to 1.
ffffuuuu.gif

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just went to Eatons centre for lunch to check out their new stuff. Dropped a bunch of madras shirts (long sleeve, short and pop over) and shorts. As always the shirts do not fit me right. Still no go on the bucks. Not even sure if they are getting them. Asked a SA and they said in a couple of weeks.

malaujai

Reaction score
Has anyone bought a pair of trousers/pants from CM before? Any idea how they fit? I'm in need something in a slim fit for my convocation... Zara seems to have some, but seem overpriced at $99...

kraands

Reaction score
Originally Posted by malaujai
Has anyone bought a pair of trousers/pants from CM before? Any idea how they fit? I'm in need something in a slim fit for my convocation... Zara seems to have some, but seem overpriced at $99...

I have two pair of the lightweight slim fit chinos and they are actually slim. I posted about them on the previous page.

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by malaujai

I have cords from them. Couldn't size down - the waist was too tight. Pretty slim fit too.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of any sales coming up? I was in there over the weekend, saw some shirts, but even while on sale, were still more than I wanted to spend.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Desi
So now that they have a new creative director what should be expected?

Just wondering, where'd you hear about this? I did a quick search but didn't come up with anything.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LouisD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Desi
So now that they have a new creative director what should be expected?

Hopefully longer lengths on the blazers and suit jackets. The Thom Browne super-short-jacket influence present in Mr. Farrah's work was a bit heavy-handed and looked odd on my 6 foot frame.

But they better keep the slim fit XS shirt sleeves long like they are now because they're the only shirts that fit me OTR.

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LouisD
Hopefully longer lengths on the blazers and suit jackets. The Thom Browne super-short-jacket influence present in Mr. Farrah's work was a bit heavy-handed and looked odd on my 6 foot frame. But they better keep the slim fit XS shirt sleeves long like they are now because they're the only shirts that fit me OTR.
Hopefully not. Their blazers (used to) fit pretty well on me.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i kopped on of their aaron unstructured blazers.. for about 130 on sale in Dallas. pretty nice khaki colored blazer though alittle too washed out for my taste.

works for the summer though

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dropped in at CM at Edmonton City Centre today to check out the collection. I actually prefer it to the previous one. Madras and plaid stuff everywhere, none of which I liked, but I tried on a few shirts. The linen-blends were nice but practically nothing was on sale. And $80 for these shirts is a bit laughable.

One of my favourites was the seersucker collection (three different colours). IF SOMEONE CAN HOOK ME UP WITH A GOOD DEAL ON THESE, GET IN TOUCH

Fit pic:

259927_10150215442072273_570167272_7406517_1880506_n.jpg

Fits really slim off the rack, slimmer than the other CM shirts I have imo. Length is just nice too.

Here's a closeup of the fabric:

259971_10150215759512273_570167272_7410066_8382097_n.jpg

I'm also going to head back in a few days to pick this up (hope it's still there):
264688_10150215561292273_570167272_7408074_7242090_n.jpg

Sweatpant shorts for $20 after sale + student discount. Pretty nice cut and the fit was fairly good too. Felt really comfortable, and I'm pretty unwilling to shill out for W+H sweats.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads