Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by the_state, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Hartmann

Hartmann Senior member

I always feel a bit uncomfortable going to that location. Because the men's section is on the lower level (essentially the basement), and the section itself is pretty small and quiet. At least the one at Eaton Centre is pretty big.
    Yeah, it's a bit creepy. The women's stuff used to be there, not surprised if it had very little traffic for that reason so they switched it with the men's upstairs.

2. Donut

Donut Senior member

Picked up that indigo crewneck and a silk/cotton striped sweater for $35 total today.

3. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

Shame they don't even have an online catalog like Uniqlo. Really don't wanna take a trip for nothing

Where do you live? It's not great, but they do have a lookbook section that should give you an idea of what's in stock.

Shirts are on sale at the moment, $49 down from $69. I envy those of you with student discounts. Seriously, if you always get at least 20% off that's a decent discount.

4. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I haven't been a student in years... the 'expiration date' sort of just 'rubbed off' accidently... just flash a student card and you're good. I rarely get any push back and even if I do it's like 'oh, so what school?'

I used to work at the Bloor/Ave location and it was all jumbled with the women's being on 2 floors, so now the men's is sort of in a crap spot but at least it's all contained IIRC. That used to be a pool down there actually for UfT and they filled it in, hence the tiles.

5. nakokoro

nakokoro Well-Known Member

picked up a cutaway collar polo for $25 after sale + student discount.
    As above, I only need to flash my card (at the SF store)

6. Master-Classter

currently there's a 30% off sales items promo going on... just went past the Queen W location and picked up some shirts for >$30. They have stacks of chinos (quite baggy), and slim fit cotton and linen shirts (including those metal ones) for $30-40 less the sale.

7. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

currently there's a 30% off sales items promo going on... just went past the Queen W location and picked up some shirts for >$30. They have stacks of chinos (quite baggy), and slim fit cotton and linen shirts (including those metal ones) for $30-40 less the sale.
    Sales on dress pants? I just noticed a hole in my dress pants, need to replace them this week

8. Master-Classter

they've got the Davis pant (mid grey, slimish leg - personally I didn't like the fit at ALL) for $69 - 30% (original retail $129?)

then a stack of various shades of khakies from $29-49

9. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

Popped into the Faiview location but didn't see anything in that price range.

10. gannonyu

gannonyu Active Member

they've got the Davis pant (mid grey, slimish leg - personally I didn't like the fit at ALL) for $69 - 30% (original retail $129?)

then a stack of various shades of khakies from $29-49

The Robson St. store in Vancouver has the Davis cut in khaki, medium grey, and charcoal for $49 -30%.
    I actually like the Davis fit a lot (although my WH chinos are still the best fitting).
    Lots of discounted linen and oxford shirts as well.

11. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Senior member

Some very good deals. Picked up Davis pants in olive and a cotton linen shirt for 20 bucks each. Never bought anything here before but was esp happy with the cut on the shirt, the xs fit well unlike at j crew where it is too tight in the chest.

12. M. Bardamu

M. Bardamu Senior member

A bit of nostalgia: who remembers the Club Monaco Cafe, back when CM in the Eaton Centre used to be near where H&M is now (outside Sears)?

13. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Some very good deals. Picked up Davis pants in olive and a cotton linen shirt for 20 bucks each. Never bought anything here before but was esp happy with the cut on the shirt, the xs fit well unlike at j crew where it is too tight in the chest.
    I went to the Eatons store today and those Davis pants look like shit. I was out to get dress pants and I saw some for $125 or was that $139? Either way, wtf is going on.. That much for CM pants? God damn, might as well get some MTM pants for that much

14. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Senior member

Pants looked good to me, on par with j crew urban slim fit. I don't wear bespoke pants though so nothing to compare to [​IMG]

15. irbe

irbe Senior member

I went to the Eatons store today and those Davis pants look like shit. I was out to get dress pants and I saw some for $125 or was that $139? Either way, wtf is going on.. That much for CM pants? God damn, might as well get some MTM pants for that much
    Been already been establish nothing there is worth retail but after second markdown it's a decent buy