• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I was kind of taken aback when I saw a Martin Greenfield tag on a Rogan jacket. Always skipped over them as overpriced Made in China crap like a Theory

nomad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nomad
Just saw a local guy working on some leather bags while walking down the road in Shangri la, asked him to see the finished products and they're really beautiful. 800 kuai (~$120) for the larger one and 550 kuai (~$80) for the smaller one. Going to haggle for the big one before I leave. edit: ugh pic not uploading on my ******** conneciton, think hide daypack with yak fur, leather trimmings and detailing, braided straps
TxQrPl.jpg

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
I was kind of taken aback when I saw a Martin Greenfield tag on a Rogan jacket. Always skipped over them as overpriced Made in China crap like a Theory
I see it like owning a Kia built in a BMW factory, it's still going to be a Kia. Like this: http://www.rogannyc.com/mens/oskar-jacket.html It's an odd result. I'm not sure if they'd try to sell the buyer on getting a discounted MG suit or what. I just wonder how many people love Rogan so much that they're willing to overlook the situation.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get to make one more purchase for the next year or so in the coming month, what should it be? Gonna be making some biiiiig changes soon, no more copping.

Might be looking at the new model TOJ bomber.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still can't get behind those Prada Creepers for the same reason others have been mentioning. It just seems so like such an un-cohesive mashing of aesthetics and they border on the Stacey Adams/Aldo looks with some of those upper and sole combos. Different strokes I guess.

Originally Posted by Biggskip
Are you ******** me? The Nordstrom's near you has all of those brand? The nicest thing at the Nordstrom's near me is the latest selection of Tommy Bahama shirts.

ffffuuuu.gif

This. It is so disappointing that stores like Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus are carrying such ugly and mass manufactured crap at those prices. Jesus. Affliction, Ed Hardy, Tommy Bahama, etc. Really? Amazing. God bless small boutiques and eCommerce. More reason to support our affiliates.

Originally Posted by whodini
I see it like owning a Kia built in a BMW factory, it's still going to be a Kia. Like this:

http://www.rogannyc.com/mens/oskar-jacket.html

It's an odd result. I'm not sure if they'd try to sell the buyer on getting a discounted MG suit or what. I just wonder how many people love Rogan so much that they're willing to overlook the situation.

Very well said and good example. I do think some of Rogan's offerings are nice though.

Originally Posted by scott.m
I get to make one more purchase for the next year or so in the coming month, what should it be? Gonna be making some biiiiig changes soon, no more copping.

Might be looking at the new model TOJ bomber.

Did someone just say ToJ bomber? If so, then I approve of this potential decision. Can't wait to start wering my whiskey bomber this coming fall/winter. Things is the ****.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On another note, I bought a pair of the Geller Cropped Black Flight pants before my recent vacation. I wore them on the flight out, loved them and looked forward to wearing them in so many chill and relaxed fits and weekend wear, and come home and can't find them anywhere. I may have lost them in the Caribbean
ffffuuuu.gif

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
On another note, I bought a pair of the Geller Cropped Black Flight pants before my recent vacation. I wore them on the flight out, loved them and looked forward to wearing them in so many chill and relaxed fits and weekend wear, and come home and can't find them anywhere. I may have lost them in the Caribbean
ffffuuuu.gif

Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
Still can't find a 44 anywhere!
angry.gif

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
angry.gif

im not sure if those cropped flight pants fit the same as the "field shorts" or w/e that i have, but i'm pretty small (5'6, 30" waist) and the 46s fit just fine imo...unless you know for sure 44 will fit better...

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
29" actually. A 46 would probably work, I just don't want it too baggy around the thighs.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
angry.gif

still pissed someone bought the only 44 from blackbird at 12:02 am when the sale hit. if you don't mind the red zozo has it. a little strong for me, i already have pink jeans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads