• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's see your weight loss

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
^ Does getting cut make you lose your body hair?

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do Asians even have body hair to begin with?

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ffffuuuu.gif
i've put on 10 lbs since the fall.
ffffuuuu.gif
my ******* girlfriend is always ordering dessert and sweets and i have a serious sugar problem. time to get on it.
ffffuuuu.gif

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am down 10lb since April 15th

Was hoping to be down 20 by July 4th but w/e. I think I can get down another 5# by then which will still be huge, down from 190 to 175.

As generic as this sounds... cutting out carbs and going high protein is big, as is skipping breakfast. The leaner I get though the more I find I need cardio to keep the lbs coming off.

I will post some pics around 7/4...

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
ffffuuuu.gif
i've put on 10 lbs since the fall.
ffffuuuu.gif
my ******* girlfriend is always ordering dessert and sweets and i have a serious sugar problem. time to get on it.
ffffuuuu.gif

Whenever I go out dining with women and they choose to order desert (which is always the case), I just usually order a cappuccino or a coffee--maybe an espresso--or perhaps an after dinner drink. Just so I have something to sip on while they eat their desert. I observed Howard Stern doing this same thing with his wife in NYC once. He just sat there while she ate a banana tobanyaki.

il ciclista

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
cutting out carbs and going high protein is big, as is skipping breakfast. .

So you don't eat breakfast? So you go on a daily 12-16 hour fast? No wonder you're losing weight..and muscle too. You're probably set in your routine and won't change it, but I'd suggest low GI carbs and protein for b'fast. Otherwise, when you get that lunch you're body is storing it away (more than it would if you ate breakfast) and slows your metabolism big time. hence less muscle less metabolism equals needing more cardio!

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TrH
Not this ******* **** again.

There should be a forum insta-ban for anything even tangentially related to carb intake, GI levels, meal frequency, and calorie counting.
ffffuuuu.gif

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
Whenever I go out dining with women and they choose to order desert (which is always the case), I just usually order a cappuccino or a coffee--maybe an espresso--or perhaps an after dinner drink. Just so I have something to sip on while they eat their desert.

I observed Howard Stern doing this same thing with his wife in NYC once. He just sat there while she ate a banana tobanyaki.

yeah, i may try that approach. she's away for this month so i have time to reset my routine. it's just to damned easy to be lazy when you got IHP on tap.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black coffee is the diet savior. I have NO idea how people manage to diet without it.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea I'm just going to say there's enough real world data (aside from my own experiences) that bunks what you're saying il ciclista. I probably should have mentioned that my lifts have held up or improved overall despite my weight loss. And yea black coffee is a big help for me too... black coffee is my breakfast
smile.gif

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jarude
There should be a forum insta-ban for anything even tangentially related to carb intake, GI levels, meal frequency, and calorie counting.
ffffuuuu.gif

To be fair, calorie counting works. Calorie in, calorie out is how you actually drop weight.

Now having said that, there have been numerous studies that have shown that the average person grossly undercounts the amount of calories they actually consume. We simply loose track of these things or don't have a real idea of what we are eating.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads