• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
there's a CdG boutique right around there, wanted to hit that up but wasn't sure what the deal was

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
There are a shitload of stores in SoHo and NoHo. Too many to just say, go HERE and HERE! without knowing what you're interested in. ANYWAY, SOMEONE GIVE ME ADVICE ON WHAT I ASKED ON THE PREVIOUS PAGE. THANK YOU

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hot Dog Day #49
there's a CdG boutique right around there, wanted to hit that up but wasn't sure what the deal was

Damnit
ffffuuuu.gif

Need to do more research before I go next time.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nahneun
I am currently having a problem with a seller and I would like to ask for some advice on how we can resolve this amicably. I purchased a bracelet from abroad (Australia), and upon receiving the package today, I received a ripped, empty padded envelope encased in a separate USPS envelope (presumably to cover the ripped envelope). I asked the seller for a refund, which I think I am entitled to, as I did not receive what I was promised upon paying for the merchandise. He says that it is a USPS error and that I should contact them about it (obviously, there is an infinitesimal chance of the bracelet from showing up). However, is it not the responsibility of the seller to properly package and insure goods before shipping it out? I believe this problem would not have arose if the seller had used, say, a taped box instead of a padded envelope. Am I entitled to my refund, or do you think the seller is in the right here? Thank you for your advice.
USPS won't do anything unless it was insured, chargeback before it's too late. Also: 45RPM, Blue in Green, Burberry, If, Jil (womens only), Marni (womens only), Marc Jacobs, Nom de Guerre (not technically, but whatever), Oak, Paul Smith, Rag & Bone, Yohji Thom Browne is about as far out as Atelier/Aloha Rag but southbound

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Sigh, I just opened a dispute and asked for a refund minus the cost of shipping, especially because shipping was like 22 AUD. I know the dude is a legit seller and it's unfortunate that something like this happened.
frown.gif
How often does **** like this happen? Isn't stealing other people's mail a federal offense -_-:?

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
USPS won't do anything unless it was insured, chargeback before it's too late.

Also: 45RPM, Blue in Green, Burberry, If, Jil (womens only), Marni (womens only), Marc Jacobs, Nom de Guerre (not technically, but whatever), Oak, Paul Smith, Rag & Bone, Yohji
Thom Browne is about as far out as Atelier/Aloha Rag but southbound

Nom de Guerre is closed, no?

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should ask for half of the refund. Share the loss with the seller. It's only fair if he's a legit seller.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CdG store is actually in Chelsea, pretty much everything else mentioned is Noho/Soho, not the same area though walking distance, the walk is like 20+ minutes.

Seven New York, APC, Philip Lim and the Donald Judd Foundation (I think it's still closed and you can only get in by appointment, it is pretty cool though) are all on Mercer between spring and prince st.

Uniqlo, Zara, Muji, H&M, Topshop/Topman, J Crew, Bloomingdales, and other **** are all on Broadway.

If is on grand between mercer and greene. Acne is on Greene between Canal and Grand it is right next to Blue In Greene

Dunderdon is right next to Opening Ceremony and across from Jil on Howard between lafayettte and broadway.

I dunno, as other people said there is a ton of ****, do some research, maybe tell us what you're into.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
lol jil is not women's only, yohji closed down as did nom de guerre
I thought only the Madison Ave one carried mens

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nope, they both carry both men's and women's. howard st is cooler, it is the ******* church with crazy as granite everything and the ******* rotating mirror staircase. first floor:
4142108341_770d216d8b.jpg
sanders_01.jpg
second floor:
51-Jil-Sander-store-Howard-Street-New-York.jpg
kinda hard to see but those giant triangular white things actually open up and function as dressing rooms, like some kind of holy design cocoon SWAG

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
stuff i like:

MMM knits, and all kinds of fun chunky ****
Aldens, any high end clunky shoes
Thom Browne
Gant
Junya
BoO
Ervell
Geller
CP
W+H
preppy ****
kind of want to find a nice bag, like billykirk type ****
hand crafted leather products, wallets, makr kind of stuff
I'd really like to try on a Gitman shirt and see how they fit, haven't found them locally

thanks for your help you guys, really appreciate it.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Frank's singing ability is close to that of Pharrell's. It's tougher to give Frank the same free pass, since Pharrell's charm there is that he isn't a good singer, but it's OK because no one ever said he was supposed to be a real singer.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hot Dog Day #49
stuff i like:

MMM knits, and all kinds of fun chunky ****
Aldens, any high end clunky shoes
Thom Browne
Gant
Junya
BoO
Ervell
Geller
CP
W+H
preppy ****
kind of want to find a nice bag, like billykirk type ****
hand crafted leather products, wallets, makr kind of stuff
I'd really like to try on a Gitman shirt and see how they fit, haven't found them locally

thanks for your help you guys, really appreciate it.

Epaulet on Orchard is a must.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads