Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master Milano

Master Milano Senior member

fucking love that floral windbreaker at the y-3 sample sale

2. Hot Dog Day #49

Hot Dog Day #49 Senior member

Soho has a ton of stores that you'd probably be interested in, it also has one of the only Uniqlo's in America.

names? i was headed to uniqlo anyway but what's good around there besides apc?

3. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

names? i was headed to uniqlo anyway but what's good around there besides apc?
    On my recent trip, I hit Opening Ceremony, Odin, Aloha Rag, checked out All Saints, Atelier and the RO boutique. I saw Mercer st but I couldn't remember what was on it so I missed APC [​IMG] Walked past Bloomingdales, that might be worth a stop. Didn't bother going to Uniqlo. Did take the train and hit Barney's after walking around central park for a while. Bergdorf's is really close to there too. I'll let the natives tell you what's up though. Barney's is pretty impressive just to see all that shit in one place.

4. Hot Dog Day #49

Hot Dog Day #49 Senior member

there's a CdG boutique right around there, wanted to hit that up but wasn't sure what the deal was

5. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

There are a shitload of stores in SoHo and NoHo. Too many to just say, go HERE and HERE! without knowing what you're interested in. ANYWAY, SOMEONE GIVE ME ADVICE ON WHAT I ASKED ON THE PREVIOUS PAGE. THANK YOU

6. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

there's a CdG boutique right around there, wanted to hit that up but wasn't sure what the deal was

Damnit [​IMG]
    Need to do more research before I go next time.

7. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

I am currently having a problem with a seller and I would like to ask for some advice on how we can resolve this amicably. I purchased a bracelet from abroad (Australia), and upon receiving the package today, I received a ripped, empty padded envelope encased in a separate USPS envelope (presumably to cover the ripped envelope). I asked the seller for a refund, which I think I am entitled to, as I did not receive what I was promised upon paying for the merchandise. He says that it is a USPS error and that I should contact them about it (obviously, there is an infinitesimal chance of the bracelet from showing up). However, is it not the responsibility of the seller to properly package and insure goods before shipping it out? I believe this problem would not have arose if the seller had used, say, a taped box instead of a padded envelope. Am I entitled to my refund, or do you think the seller is in the right here? Thank you for your advice.
    USPS won't do anything unless it was insured, chargeback before it's too late. Also: 45RPM, Blue in Green, Burberry, If, Jil (womens only), Marni (womens only), Marc Jacobs, Nom de Guerre (not technically, but whatever), Oak, Paul Smith, Rag & Bone, Yohji Thom Browne is about as far out as Atelier/Aloha Rag but southbound

8. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

Sigh, I just opened a dispute and asked for a refund minus the cost of shipping, especially because shipping was like 22 AUD. I know the dude is a legit seller and it's unfortunate that something like this happened. [​IMG] How often does shit like this happen? Isn't stealing other people's mail a federal offense -_-:?

9. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

USPS won't do anything unless it was insured, chargeback before it's too late.

Also: 45RPM, Blue in Green, Burberry, If, Jil (womens only), Marni (womens only), Marc Jacobs, Nom de Guerre (not technically, but whatever), Oak, Paul Smith, Rag & Bone, Yohji
    Thom Browne is about as far out as Atelier/Aloha Rag but southbound

Nom de Guerre is closed, no?

10. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

lol jil is not women's only, yohji closed down as did nom de guerre

11. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Senior member

You should ask for half of the refund. Share the loss with the seller. It's only fair if he's a legit seller.

12. toothsomesound

CdG store is actually in Chelsea, pretty much everything else mentioned is Noho/Soho, not the same area though walking distance, the walk is like 20+ minutes.

Seven New York, APC, Philip Lim and the Donald Judd Foundation (I think it's still closed and you can only get in by appointment, it is pretty cool though) are all on Mercer between spring and prince st.

Uniqlo, Zara, Muji, H&M, Topshop/Topman, J Crew, Bloomingdales, and other shit are all on Broadway.

If is on grand between mercer and greene. Acne is on Greene between Canal and Grand it is right next to Blue In Greene

Dunderdon is right next to Opening Ceremony and across from Jil on Howard between lafayettte and broadway.

I dunno, as other people said there is a ton of shit, do some research, maybe tell us what you're into.

13. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

lol jil is not women's only, yohji closed down as did nom de guerre
    I thought only the Madison Ave one carried mens

14. toothsomesound

nope, they both carry both men's and women's. howard st is cooler, it is the fucking church with crazy as granite everything and the fucking rotating mirror staircase. first floor: [​IMG] [​IMG] second floor: [​IMG] kinda hard to see but those giant triangular white things actually open up and function as dressing rooms, like some kind of holy design cocoon SWAG

15. toothsomesound

also she music video is out, makes me like the song more, also frank ocean is so good damn love that hook

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.