Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hot Dog Day #49

Hot Dog Day #49 Senior member

stuff i like:

MMM knits, and all kinds of fun chunky shit
    Aldens, any high end clunky shoes
    Thom Browne
    Gant
    Junya
    BoO
    Ervell
    Geller
    CP
    W+H
    preppy shit
    kind of want to find a nice bag, like billykirk type shit
    hand crafted leather products, wallets, makr kind of stuff
    I'd really like to try on a Gitman shirt and see how they fit, haven't found them locally

thanks for your help you guys, really appreciate it.

2. APK

APK Senior member

Frank's singing ability is close to that of Pharrell's. It's tougher to give Frank the same free pass, since Pharrell's charm there is that he isn't a good singer, but it's OK because no one ever said he was supposed to be a real singer.

3. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

stuff i like:

Thom Browne
    Gant
    Junya
    BoO
    Ervell
    Geller
    CP
    W+H
    preppy shit
    I'd really like to try on a Gitman shirt and see how they fit, haven't found them locally

Epaulet on Orchard is a must.

4. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior member

stuff i like:

Thom Browne
    Gant
    Junya
    BoO
    Ervell
    Geller
    CP
    W+H
    preppy shit

I think a bunch of these have probably already been mentioned, but you should go to:

45 RPM; CdG store, which probably has Junya (right?); Balenciaga is right down the block from CdG, but I'm not sure if the store carries any men's stuff; Thom Browne; Pierre Hardy boutique; Margiela store; If Boutique; there's an Alden store on Madison, I think; Opening Ceremony

Not sure what else is left - pretty much everything's probably been covered in the other posts.

5. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Senior member

Anyone had pants successfully recut by a tailor ?

6. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

i'm going to NYC tomorrow, what clothing related shit should i check out? my hotel is in Chelsea...

Not sure if it's changed since I've gone a few years ago, but if you're taller than 6'3" and north of 180 lbs. there's almost no point in going to Uniqulo

Anyone had pants successfully recut by a tailor ?

Would love to hear a good success story here.

7. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

You should ask for half of the refund. Share the loss with the seller. It's only fair if he's a legit seller.

But the thing about Registered Post is that he is insured up to 100 dollars according to the AU Post website. What basically happens is that I'm stiffed out of my money then while he's fully compensated. I was willing to take the hit for the entirety of the shipping cost, but why should I compromise on what I did not receive? Anyway, he is refusing any form of a refund saying that I should take it up with USPS, but the package could have been opened before it reached US borders too. And can't only the shipper bring up these issues with the carrier service? After all, the shipper can insure the value of the package or use better packaging methods to ensure the safe arrival of the good. Ugh.

8. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Not sure if it's changed since I've gone a few years ago, but if you're taller than 6'3" and north of 180 lbs. there's almost no point in going to Uniqulo

I have a friend is 6'4 and 190, he loves uniqlo. If you are overweight/pudgy, uniqlo will be a difficult experience for you.

9. toothsomesound

Frank's singing ability is close to that of Pharrell's. It's tougher to give Frank the same free pass, since Pharrell's charm there is that he isn't a good singer, but it's OK because no one ever said he was supposed to be a real singer.
    [​IMG] apples to oranges dude...frank is a great singer, pharrel is a rapper producer with style, a decent flow and can do a limited whiny warble r&b vocal style.

10. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

You should ask for half of the refund. Share the loss with the seller. It's only fair if he's a legit seller.
    +1 Sounds like an unfortunate situation and he got screwed on the deal just as much as you did. Could be at a loss re; what to do on his end, as well. I would propose a 50% refund to the seller if indeed you perceive him as a good honest guy.. I have had international 'parcels' containing small eBay (etc) items look like they've been through a war. Items hanging out of envelopes. Ripped open. Re-sealed by customs. Random holes punched in envelopes with hole punchers. Just one of the downsides to int'l shipping...(I've been trying to limit my int'l shipments to Canada only with normally 6-10 day delivery time frames - sometimes less depending on the package). sorry to hear of the trouble. Always sucks when the person on the other end of the debacle is a nice dude too..
    But the thing about Registered Post is that he is insured up to 100 dollars according to the AU Post website. What basically happens is that I'm stiffed out of my money then while he's fully compensated. I was willing to take the hit for the entirety of the shipping cost, but why should I compromise on what I did not receive? Anyway, he is refusing any form of a refund saying that I should take it up with USPS, but the package could have been opened before it reached US borders too. And can't only the shipper bring up these issues with the carrier service? After all, the shipper can insure the value of the package or use better packaging methods to ensure the safe arrival of the good. Ugh.
    Okay, saw this, and doesn't really look like he wants to play ball and empathize with your side of the situation. He has a right to tell you to kick rocks and deal with it, but it's not the 'right' thing to do. He should have secured the package -- and he should know that as someone who has presumably shipped before and knows the harrowing trans-contintenal journeys a parcel may/could go through from Australia to North America (etc). Just 'one of those things..' and sorry again to hear of the trouble..

11. Hot Dog Day #49

Hot Dog Day #49 Senior member

Would love to hear a good success story here.

i'm 5'9" 150 lbs [​IMG]

12. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

nope, they both carry both men's and women's. howard st is cooler, it is the fucking church with crazy as granite everything and the fucking rotating mirror staircase.

first floor: [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

second floor:
    [​IMG]

kinda hard to see but those giant triangular white things actually open up and function as dressing rooms, like some kind of holy design cocoon SWAG

yeah, i read an article about these! they are def awesome.

13. APK

APK Senior member

[​IMG] apples to oranges dude...frank is a great singer, pharrel is a rapper producer with style, a decent flow and can do a limited whiny warble r&b vocal style.

No, my point is that Frank reminds me of Pharrell in that neither are good singers, but the latter gets a pass since he's not really supposed to be.

14. toothsomesound

what is your criteria for good singer? do you sing?

15. APK

APK Senior member

I don't, but I come from a musical family, so it's something I've always kind of been around. Different genres obviously call for different styles of singing. But even then, what I've heard from Ocean hasn't really impressed me. What songs specifically do you recommend that highlight his voice?

edit: from the genre, I'd label guys such as Trey Songz and Ne-Yo as good singers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.