Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeadDJ

DeadDJ Senior member

[​IMG]
    Hey, when did ScottM join Vampire Weekend? (Love you, bro)

2. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

Fuck you, man. That vest is kinda sick though. FUCK I miss wearing that jacket.

3. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

Who is paying for Raf Simons inc. now?

so is there going to be a fw11 collection after all? can't find anything on the innernets

just saw this, looks like tween's puffer vest haha

[​IMG]

4. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

fw11 was shown months ago dude and stores made their buys months ago as well. the "question" is will there be spring12 and the answer looks like yes. I am also curious though who stepped up to keep the company going.

5. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

fw11 was shown months ago dude and stores made their buys months ago as well. the "question" is will there be spring12 and the answer looks like yes. I am also curious though who stepped up to keep the company going.

ah my bad ARW, i meant to ask 'is the fw11 collection going to be produced after all'. when i google 'raf simons fall 2011' all i could find is this style.com article
    http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2011/...fall_2011.html
    which says "He also canceled all appointments with buyers this week, since it's unclear when he'll be able to deliver any orders without a manufacturer." i was hoping to find updates on that but had no luck googling... if stores already made their buys then i guess that means he was able to find a manufacturer after all [​IMG]

6. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

yeah, actually seven new york had pre-season sale for raf fw11 and giuliano fujiwara fw11 a few months ago. I suspect barney's also made a buy. not sure who else though.

7. Razele

Razele Senior member

I think he scaled back heaps IIRC, FW11 buys for aloha rag are on thier blog, jacquard knits look good and so do a few of the outerwear pieces

He really needs to drop Raf by Raf as it has devolved into shit jersey hoodies and badly washed jawnz. He is doing a reproduction line, remaking previous garments from old seasons. This would be awesome, especially if he does metallic knits and the double layer bomber, all of which I will kop.

Having sneakers in good colorways would be nice too but with rappers buying garish sneakers before nice ones it'll never happen

8. sipang

sipang Senior member

Let's not forget the much awaited Raf Simons houseware line !!! I don't think "scalling back" is in his vocabulary.

9. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

let's not forget the much awaited Raf Simons houseware line !!!

metallic bowls! [​IMG]

10. sipang

sipang Senior member

"Kollaps naperons and neoprene aprons. It's The Houseware line by Raf Simons. "

11. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

my god, I need to learn how to cook so i can rock a neoprene apron!! (0)[​IMG] edit: drew, have you finished your cookbook yet?

12. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

I am currently having a problem with a seller and I would like to ask for some advice on how we can resolve this amicably. I purchased a bracelet from abroad (Australia), and upon receiving the package today, I received a ripped, empty padded envelope encased in a separate USPS envelope (presumably to cover the ripped envelope). I asked the seller for a refund, which I think I am entitled to, as I did not receive what I was promised upon paying for the merchandise. He says that it is a USPS error and that I should contact them about it (obviously, there is an infinitesimal chance of the bracelet from showing up). However, is it not the responsibility of the seller to properly package and insure goods before shipping it out? I believe this problem would not have arose if the seller had used, say, a taped box instead of a padded envelope. Am I entitled to my refund, or do you think the seller is in the right here? Thank you for your advice.

13. Hot Dog Day #49

Hot Dog Day #49 Senior member

i'm going to NYC tomorrow, what clothing related shit should i check out? my hotel is in Chelsea...

14. asobu

asobu Senior member

"Kollaps naperons and neoprene aprons. It's The Houseware line by Raf Simons. "
    [​IMG]

15. Hollywars

Hollywars Senior member

Soho has a ton of stores that you'd probably be interested in, it also has one of the only Uniqlo's in America.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.