Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

CdG store is actually in Chelsea, pretty much everything else mentioned is Noho/Soho, not the same area though walking distance, the walk is like 20+ minutes.

Seven New York, APC, Philip Lim and the Donald Judd Foundation (I think it's still closed and you can only get in by appointment, it is pretty cool though) are all on Mercer between spring and prince st.

Uniqlo, Zara, Muji, H&M, Topshop/Topman, J Crew, Bloomingdales, and other shit are all on Broadway.

If is on grand between mercer and greene. Acne is on Greene between Canal and Grand it is right next to Blue In Greene

Dunderdon is right next to Opening Ceremony and across from Jil on Howard between lafayettte and broadway.

I dunno, as other people said there is a ton of shit, do some research, maybe tell us what you're into.

i'd also check out some midtown, more mc-oriented stores if you have the time ... especially because you're going to barneys anyways, most of them are clustered around the borders between midtown and uptown. the RL mansion (def check out the women's store too), lanvin boutique, hermes, burberry, henri bendel if you're going with your gf

Bring some comfy rubber-soled shoes though as you'll be doing a lot of walking!!! [​IMG]

oh, and the Paul Smith store in Soho.

2. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Hm. Well first of all, what's more important than being a really good singer is making good music. There are plenty of amazing vocalists making music; but a lot of them make really shitty or just ok music, you know? Look at the people on American Idol. A lot of them are gifted singers (some are really not that good le sigh) but few of them if any are looking to make quality, relevant music, cause that's not what American Idol is really looking for. I'll give you that Trey Songz or Ne-Yo might technically be better than Frank in some ways. But Treyz music in general is pretty bad. Frank on the other hand does some cool stuff IMO. Give some of the songs from Nostalgia, Ultra a listen. If you don't like em, that's cool. His voice does it for me though, dunno, not to mention that his beats are pretty awesome and he can be a strong lyricist at times. Trey is fun sometimes but generally too poppy for me and overall just a glammy pop artist, not really about the music that much IMO. Frank is very soulful to me. Abel Tesfaye of the weeknd is a beast. here's a nice pitchfork review of frank's last album, don't know how you can read this and not want to root for the guy: http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/...stalgia-ultra/
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

3. APK

APK Senior member

Thanks, man, I'll check it out. I'm with you there on the music itself being a big selling point. Hell, when push comes to shove, I'll always take Waka Flocka over someone like Mos Def.

4. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

I have a friend is 6'4 and 190, he loves uniqlo. If you are overweight/pudgy, uniqlo will be a difficult experience for you.
    I'm definitely a little doughy, but I always have problems with sleeve length and inseam. Granted this was a few years ago and they have broadened their sizes since then.

5. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Hm. Well first of all, what's more important than being a really good singer is making good music. There are plenty of amazing vocalists making music; but a lot of them make really shitty or just ok music, you know? Look at the people on American Idol. A lot of them are gifted singers (some are really not that good le sigh) but few of them if any are looking to make quality, relevant music, cause that's not what American Idol is really looking for. I'll give you that Trey Songz or Ne-Yo might technically be better than Frank in some ways. But Treyz music in general is pretty bad. Frank on the other hand does some cool stuff IMO. Give some of the songs from Nostalgia, Ultra a listen. If you don't like em, that's cool. His voice does it for me though, dunno, not to mention that his beats are pretty awesome and he can be a strong lyricist at times. Trey is fun sometimes but generally too poppy for me and overall just a glammy pop artist, not really about the music that much IMO. Frank is very soulful to me. Abel Tesfaye of the weeknd is a beast. here's a nice pitchfork review of frank's last album, don't know how you can read this and not want to root for the guy: http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/...stalgia-ultra/
    Auto-Tune....

6. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

who is abel tesfaye? sounds habesha. is that some zefen?

7. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Auto-Tune....
    not sure what you're saying here but pretty much everything you listen to has auto-tune on it whether you realize or not except really old stuff and super lo fi stuff. most everything that goes through a studio uses some kind of pitch correction and a lot more of it than you might think. re westside not sure if he's ethiopian but he's from toronto lol he's buddies with drake. here's an example:

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. dude is gonna be a big deal, already blowing up

8. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

not sure what you're saying here but pretty much everything you listen to has auto-tune on it whether you realize or not except really old stuff and super lo fi stuff. most everything that goes through a studio uses some kind of pitch correction and a lot more of it than you might think.

re westside not sure if he's ethiopian but he's from toronto lol he's buddies with drake. here's an example:

dude is gonna be a big deal, already blowing up

So true. Always surprising how many people don't know this.

9. Desi

Desi Senior member

On my recent trip, I hit Opening Ceremony, Odin, Aloha Rag, checked out All Saints, Atelier and the RO boutique. I saw Mercer st but I couldn't remember what was on it so I missed APC [​IMG]

i can never find the Aloha Rag store. I swear I walked by that shit like a dozen times.

10. winston86dit

winston86dit Senior member

Weeknd's album is pretty legit. Good style.

Thought you might enjoy this;

not sure what you're saying here but pretty much everything you listen to has auto-tune on it whether you realize or not except really old stuff and super lo fi stuff. most everything that goes through a studio uses some kind of pitch correction and a lot more of it than you might think.

re westside not sure if he's ethiopian but he's from toronto lol he's buddies with drake. here's an example:

11. Desi

Desi Senior member

yes Wicked Games gets me.

12. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

Weeknd's album is pretty legit. Good style.

Thought you might enjoy this;

i like glass table girls by them

robocop video remixxx

13. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

abel tesfaye is about as habesha as a name can get

14. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

not sure what you're saying here but pretty much everything you listen to has auto-tune on it whether you realize or not except really old stuff and super lo fi stuff. most everything that goes through a studio uses some kind of pitch correction and a lot more of it than you might think. re westside not sure if he's ethiopian but he's from toronto lol he's buddies with drake. here's an example:

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. dude is gonna be a big deal, already blowing up

There is a difference between adjustment and sounding like a robot and being called a great vocalist

15. jet

jet Persian Bro

Is Neo_Version still a virgin? He seems to only post in the female-centric threads, he's like metrostyle where he only posts non-clothing related garbage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.