• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
I have a friend is 6'4 and 190, he loves uniqlo. If you are overweight/pudgy, uniqlo will be a difficult experience for you.
I'm definitely a little doughy, but I always have problems with sleeve length and inseam. Granted this was a few years ago and they have broadened their sizes since then.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hm. Well first of all, what's more important than being a really good singer is making good music. There are plenty of amazing vocalists making music; but a lot of them make really ****** or just ok music, you know? Look at the people on American Idol. A lot of them are gifted singers (some are really not that good le sigh) but few of them if any are looking to make quality, relevant music, cause that's not what American Idol is really looking for. I'll give you that Trey Songz or Ne-Yo might technically be better than Frank in some ways. But Treyz music in general is pretty bad. Frank on the other hand does some cool stuff IMO. Give some of the songs from Nostalgia, Ultra a listen. If you don't like em, that's cool. His voice does it for me though, dunno, not to mention that his beats are pretty awesome and he can be a strong lyricist at times. Trey is fun sometimes but generally too poppy for me and overall just a glammy pop artist, not really about the music that much IMO. Frank is very soulful to me. Abel Tesfaye of the weeknd is a beast. here's a nice pitchfork review of frank's last album, don't know how you can read this and not want to root for the guy: http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/...stalgia-ultra/
Auto-Tune....

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
who is abel tesfaye? sounds habesha. is that some zefen?

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Auto-Tune....
not sure what you're saying here but pretty much everything you listen to has auto-tune on it whether you realize or not except really old stuff and super lo fi stuff. most everything that goes through a studio uses some kind of pitch correction and a lot more of it than you might think. re westside not sure if he's ethiopian but he's from toronto lol he's buddies with drake. here's an example:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. dude is gonna be a big deal, already blowing up

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not sure what you're saying here but pretty much everything you listen to has auto-tune on it whether you realize or not except really old stuff and super lo fi stuff. most everything that goes through a studio uses some kind of pitch correction and a lot more of it than you might think.

re westside not sure if he's ethiopian but he's from toronto lol he's buddies with drake. here's an example:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

dude is gonna be a big deal, already blowing up

So true. Always surprising how many people don't know this.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by melonadejello
On my recent trip, I hit Opening Ceremony, Odin, Aloha Rag, checked out All Saints, Atelier and the RO boutique. I saw Mercer st but I couldn't remember what was on it so I missed APC
frown.gif

i can never find the Aloha Rag store. I swear I walked by that **** like a dozen times.

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weeknd's album is pretty legit. Good style.

Thought you might enjoy this;

not sure what you're saying here but pretty much everything you listen to has auto-tune on it whether you realize or not except really old stuff and super lo fi stuff. most everything that goes through a studio uses some kind of pitch correction and a lot more of it than you might think.

re westside not sure if he's ethiopian but he's from toronto lol he's buddies with drake. here's an example:

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by winston86dit
Weeknd's album is pretty legit. Good style.

Thought you might enjoy this;

i like glass table girls by them

robocop video remixxx

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

abel tesfaye is about as habesha as a name can get

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
not sure what you're saying here but pretty much everything you listen to has auto-tune on it whether you realize or not except really old stuff and super lo fi stuff. most everything that goes through a studio uses some kind of pitch correction and a lot more of it than you might think. re westside not sure if he's ethiopian but he's from toronto lol he's buddies with drake. here's an example:

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. dude is gonna be a big deal, already blowing up

There is a difference between adjustment and sounding like a robot and being called a great vocalist

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Is Neo_Version still a virgin? He seems to only post in the female-centric threads, he's like metrostyle where he only posts non-clothing related garbage.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
What the **** is wrong with green frog.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
There is a difference between adjustment and sounding like a robot and being called a great vocalist

lol is this another comment from a non-vocalist about how we should judge singers? I see this so often, people just love to hate on auto-tune. I understand there is an over-saturation and it can annoy me too at times but it's really just stupid/ignorant when people want to discredit an artist simply for using auto-tune.

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol is this another comment from a non-vocalist about how we should judge singers? I see this so often, people just love to hate on auto-tune. I understand there is an over-saturation and it can annoy me too at times but it's really just stupid/ignorant when people want to discredit an artist simply for using auto-tune.

melodyne all the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 84 38.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.3%

Forum statistics

Threads