• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
ctp, I would only suggest that your sleeves be a bit wider, if only at the opening. I know you are going for a slim look, but the french cuff makes the sleeve expand and it does not look great. Or course, the other solution would be to only wear barrel cuffs (or smaller french cuffs, but I don't like the way those look).

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I missed you guys! Had so much work and haven't even looked at WAYWRN for two weeks. Here's a quick fit from me today.

S4EVk.jpg

R9Teg.jpg

oOkbS.jpg

P.S. Sport coat is Boglioli, completely unaltered, from threedifferent.com. It cost me about $130 shipped. Highly recommended to everyone, they still have many sizes left. Size up if in doubt.

ctp120

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments, everyone.
Originally Posted by edmorel
ctp, I would only suggest that your sleeves be a bit wider, if only at the opening. I know you are going for a slim look, but the french cuff makes the sleeve expand and it does not look great. Or course, the other solution would be to only wear barrel cuffs (or smaller french cuffs, but I don't like the way those look).
I agree Ed; this is an old-ish RTW shirt with fairly large cuff openings combined with a coat that has narrow-ish sleeves. You can sort of tell by the space around my wrists in the closer-up pic. I don't wear french cuffs much on a day-to-day basis anymore either, but I do tend to wear them more often with this suit. I've actually had the coat sleeve let out a bit once already, but this shirt needs even more room at the opening.

ctp120

Reaction score
acecow,

Nice shoes on their own, but I'd prefer something more casual--probably a loafer--with this outfit. Are the yellow jeans from RL by chance?

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctp120
acecow,

Nice shoes on their own, but I'd prefer something more casual--probably a loafer--with this outfit. Are the yellow jeans from RL by chance?

Heard that one before.
smile.gif
I can't get myself to wear casual shoes with a jacket. Loafers would be good, but I have a lot of walking and standing to do today, so these will be infinitely more comfortable. Jeans are Zara. Cheers!

ctp120

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
Heard that one before.
smile.gif
I can't get myself to wear casual shoes with a jacket. Loafers would be good, but I have a lot of walking and standing to do today, so these will be infinitely more comfortable. Jeans are Zara. Cheers!

Sorry, wasn't aware of that. Didn't intend to beat a dead horse. Like I said, I do like those shoes on their own, and their not a total deal-breaker with this look either.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, wasn't aware of that. Didn't intend to beat a dead horse. Like I said, I do like those shoes on their own, and their not a total deal-breaker with this look either.

No need to apologize. All comments are more than welcome, especially critical ones. Since this is a common concern with these jeans (and I do tend to wear these shoes with these jeans a lot), I might eventually give in to it, since I kind of see what you're saying too.

BTW, your suit is very-very nice, but I'll echo the comments about the sleeves. They seem a bit narrow.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A day of court and meetings. Without the hat, I think this passes conservative business dress muster. Looking forward to the weekend - Philly Beer Fest. International Beer Expo on Saturday and then the Philadelphia Bike Race on Sunday.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
A day of court and meetings. Without the hat, I think this passes conservative business dress muster.
Looking forward to the weekend - Philly Beer Fest. International Beer Expo on Saturday and then the Philadelphia Bike Race on Sunday.

Looks nice, Lufty. Something I always notice about your fits, though, are your pants. In my humble opinion, they either have to be narrower or longer. Wider hem doesn't really work well with no (or seems like it's negative in this case) break.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I missed you guys! Had so much work and haven't even looked at WAYWRN for two weeks. Here's a quick fit from me today.
S4EVk.jpg
I like this a lot, but the jeans are a tad snug in the crotch, I think.
dailyguy3.jpg
**EDIT: on second look, in that first picture it might be a denim ripple. However, first impression was as above.***

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks nice, Lufty. Something I always notice about your fits, though, are your pants. In my humble opinion, they either have to be narrower or longer. Wider hem doesn't really work well with no (or seems like it's negative in this case) break.

These could benefit from being 1/2" longer, but there's a mild break on these. The wind took these pants and ran with 'em.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ctp120

Reaction score
I'll echo the comments about the sleeves. They seem a bit narrow.

Or my biceps are just too big
rimshot.gif
. Now go and think about lufty's criticism of your jeans
fistbump.gif

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or my biceps are just too big
rimshot.gif
. Now go and think about lufty's criticism of your jeans
fistbump.gif

Ahha! I'm too humble to respond.
devil.gif
But actually, they aren't tight. In fact, I had them taken in last week.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahha! I'm too humble to respond.
devil.gif
But actually, they aren't tight. In fact, I had them taken in last week.

Originally Posted by luftvier
**EDIT: on second look, in that first picture it might be a denim ripple. However, first impression was as above.***
Well, at least you're not Tito Ortiz. ***LINK NSFW***.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads