• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Signs that you got/lost the job off an interview?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I think it's a.

Jangofett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
I had a first round phone interview today.. at the end of it, i THINK (vaguely recall) the person said 'we'll definitely be in touch with regards to the next step'

was he saying:
a) you passed to the next round
b) we'll let you know what happens next

its the 'definitely' part that's throwing me off. were it not for that word, i would just assume b.

Dont read too much into it.
I realised many companies' human resource policies are fucked.
They mean they definitely will contact you. It means they will contact you for either (a) or (b) or (c), too bad buddy, a more suitable candidate was found. We wish you the best in your future endeavours.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jangofett
Dont read too much into it.
I realised many companies' human resource policies are fucked.
They mean they definitely will contact you. It means they will contact you for either (a) or (b) or (c), too bad buddy, a more suitable candidate was found. We wish you the best in your future endeavours.

Yeah, I know. Wasn't really taking it seriously anyway :p

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
Any talk of money, your availability, or elaborate descriptions of the role are almost sure signs you've got it.
this

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My interviewer replied to my thank you note (which in and of itself doesn't happen very often), saying "it was a pleasure meeting you too, etc, etc, We will be in touch soon to discuss next steps."

I'm taking this as a very good sign..?

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some companies have HR policy that they can't give you a definite answer and leave that sort of communication to the recruiter/HR contact, I mean there's always things that could happen like they decide not to hire anyone or a candidate comes along who is a better fit, etc, but I'd say it sounds reasonably promising.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was invited to the superday (final round)! very happy and excited
smile.gif

Unregistered

Reaction score
Congrats Eason! You're an educator IIRC?

Good luck in HK. I'll be back for Christmas and we should do a HK SF get-together!

Are you by chance working for the ESF?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Congrats Eason! You're an educator IIRC?

Good luck in HK. I'll be back for Christmas and we should do a HK SF get-together!

Are you by chance working for the ESF?

Si senor, I am a university lecturer. Absolutely let's do a HK meet-up. Maybe even a shoe circle. Maybe. I'll be working for Yew Chung Community College, if you know them.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jangofett
Dont know about that. I think he pretended not to be married and not to have any kids for many years but he admitted he was married years ago, of course his excuse is he is afraid his fans would commit suicide, knowing he is unavailable.

Surveys indicate this is the most effective court defense against bigamy.

Unregistered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Si senor, I am a university lecturer. Absolutely let's do a HK meet-up. Maybe even a shoe circle. Maybe. I'll be working for Yew Chung Community College, if you know them.

I do know them indeed! Don't know anyone who went there though, most of my schoolmates who stayed in HK went to HKU, CUHK or UST.

Congrats again! We'll do a meetup at The Armoury and proceed from there on. Maybe a shoe circle indeed.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redcaimen
Surveys indicate this is the most effective court defense against bigamy.

I heard recently that he also has a daughter who he doesn't recognize. He's referred to her as a mistake saying (in China) "Every man in this world has made at least one mistake."

Jangofett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
I heard recently that he also has a daughter who he doesn't recognize. He's referred to her as a mistake saying (in China) "Every man in this world has made at least one mistake."

Old news old news. The daughter was what precipated him leaving his money to his wife.
Jackie has a fling with this actress, Elaine something.
He was quite brazen about it. She was dining with his workers and they called her missus.
She was of course young and not that pretty.
She got preggers and wanted to keep it. JAckie apparently said **** when he heard that.
He was willing to support the daughter financially and Elaine retired I think in Shanghai.
The paparazzis took photos of the daughter and she does have Jackie's nose.
His wife stuck by him and he said this shows she loves him and decides to give all his money to her. Cant wait for the wife to pull the plug on him when he is older.

scientific

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
obv i would expect this to be different in asia than america.

in the US, totally bombing all questions in the interview is generally a sign that you didn't get the job. although i did that for my current job and still got the offer.

otoh, i recently had an interview that went very smoothly but did not result in a second interview. (kind of sensed this at the time.) so in a sense it's a crapshoot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads