• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Group Buy - Crockett and Jones G Fit

lovelux2010

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mac
It sucks they have to all be the same style of shoe.

This is a long shot but I'm in for a C&J Cheam in patent leather"”12/12.5G

well you can have any order of 1 made for you, but works out to be uber expensive..better off with EGs at that price point. apparently they have to halt production for these special orders, but i guess in batches of 6 its worthwhile for them..

good luck getting together a cheam crew..

lovelux2010

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Knowledge is King
C&J's G width is quite wide -- definitely not analogous US E width (what I consider to be US midwide). Crockett & Jones F-width is more the equivalent of a US "E width". So if you had to find a rough US equivalent for C&J's G wifth, I would say it's in the EE to EEE range.

the CJ "G" is quite wide. i have a the CJ radstock oxford in a G and a pair of Churches brogues in a G from Herring shoes, and i can tell you that the CJ G (in the radstock model anyways) is much wider around the baby toe

lovelux2010

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Claus
Have you called the Crockett & Jones shop in Londen? They do have some models in G from time to time. As far I know they also deliver within Europe, but I'm not sure about the U.S.

Also note that designations like E, F, and G are relative to the last being used.

hi Claus - yes i live in london so i've been to the CJ store many times. they have models such as the radstock and others in a G fitting. however, you cannot get many types of shoes (monkstraps in non black, double monks in any colour, etc ) in a G...hence the thread

lovelux2010

Reaction score
CURRENT TALLY (add in my +1 for any except Belgrave below) - need 6!

Lowdnes Brown Calf G Fit: 3
Lowdnes Brown Espresso Suede G Fit: 1
Saville Suede G Fit: 1
Belgrave F Fit colour not specified: 1

As I said I'll add in to most of the shoes I linked to - so we are close on the Lowdnes. If any of the voters move from brown espresso suede to brown calf (or vice versa) we can get to 5, so we would be VERY close! personally i love the brown calf and the espresso suede, not sure which is better in a double monk...so i will go either way

one poster asked about retail on CJs, its been a while since i've been to the store but from memory around £300 or so, more for handgrades (saville the only handgrade in list so far)

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C&J's G width is quite wide -- definitely not analogous US E width (what I consider to be US midwide). Crockett & Jones F-width is more the equivalent of a US "E width". So if you had to find a rough US equivalent for C&J's G wifth, I would say it's in the EE to EEE range.
I just had an email from which answered the question: "Thank you for your enquiry. The UK G width is equivalent to the US EEE. The Draycott and Dartmouth, both fitting G come up very similarly in width. I do not know what size you are however we are very low on stock at present. We are compiling a list to submit to Crockett and Jones on 1st August at present. If you are able to wait until August, please place an order as soon as possible to ensure a reservation and follow it up with an email to me confirming your order number and that you are willing to wait until August for us to submit the order. We will not charge your card until the shoes are ready for dispatch." Kind regards Sarah www.shoesnorthampton.co.uk I asked about the dartmouth and the draycott which are listed as having g widths to begin with. The other key variable is the last. A G or EEE will be wider ore narrower with different lasts. Pity me Forumites. I wear EEEE running shoes (trainers)

Asian Afro

Reaction score
I could get down with an F width handgrade like the Belgrave.
So could I--size 7F in dark brown antique calf. I like the chestnut antique calf, but I already have a pair of shoes in burgundy and could use a pair in dark brown. I agree that C&J's G width is wider than the E width in the US. I wear US 8E in Allen Edmonds and UK 7G in Barker and Cheaney. I've tried C&J's Drummond in 7G and found them too big in both width and length. My heels would slip out a bit and there's too much room around the pinky toe. There was also a bit of space under the tongue, but adding a pad would have solved that problem. Since I wasn't sure whether to go down half a size or a width--or both, I returned the shoes for a refund. If someone knows whether I should go down half a size (to 6.5F), please let me know. Thank you. I don't live near any place that sells C&J, so I rely on SF and trial-and-error through on-line purchases.

lovelux2010

Reaction score
Current Tally:

Lowdnes Brown Calf G Fit: 3 + 1 (only 2 more people needed!)
Lowdnes Brown Espresso Suede G Fit: 1 + 1
Saville Suede G Fit: 1 + 1
Belgrave F Fit chestnut antique calf: 2

Asian Afro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lovelux2010
Current Tally:

Lowdnes Brown Calf G Fit: 3 + 1 (only 2 more people needed!)
Lowdnes Brown Espresso Suede G Fit: 1 + 1
Saville Suede G Fit: 1 + 1
Belgrave F Fit chestnut antique calf: 2

I think that should be three votes for Belgrave F Fit: Knowlege Is King, Kenneth Cole Haan, and me.

Haan seems to want brown suede and I want dark brown antique calf (not chestnut, sorry if I wasn't clear). KIK didn't specify.

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna go into C&J tomo and take a good look at the Lowndes to whet my appetite

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
soooo we need 6 forumites to agree to buy the exact same shoe.
lurker[1].gif

Nick V.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I asked Kevin, about this. He is the manager of the N.Y. store.
Here is what he said:

Hi Nick:

Thanks for sending this. They are correct. The normal procedure for us is that if a customer (or customers) orders six of the same style of shoe (leather/material/sole), the factory will offer the normal stock price for the shoes. I say 'stock price' with the understanding that there may be surcharges if the customers want something 'above and beyond' or specific/exotic skins. Different fittings are available within the line (i.e. if one guy wants 'E' fitting, another wants 'G' fitting). Production time is approximately 8 weeks (take into account holidays can affect the timeframe). It is a good way to get a 'semi-custom' shoe at regular retail. Let me know if you have any questions.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kenneth Cole Haan
I might consider Saville suede

+1

Kenneth Cole Haan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nick V.
I asked Kevin, about this. He is the manager of the N.Y. store.
Here is what he said:

Hi Nick:

Thanks for sending this. They are correct. The normal procedure for us is that if a customer (or customers) orders six of the same style of shoe (leather/material/sole), the factory will offer the normal stock price for the shoes. I say 'stock price' with the understanding that there may be surcharges if the customers want something 'above and beyond' or specific/exotic skins. Different fittings are available within the line (i.e. if one guy wants 'E' fitting, another wants 'G' fitting). Production time is approximately 8 weeks (take into account holidays can affect the timeframe). It is a good way to get a 'semi-custom' shoe at regular retail. Let me know if you have any questions.

If this is true we don't have to separate our votes into F & G's. Just need to pick an exact model & leather.

I want this so bad (Belgrave Polo Suede)

cbelgs.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads