• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Group Buy - Crockett and Jones G Fit

Asian Afro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kenneth Cole Haan
If this is true we don't have to separate our votes into F & G's. Just need to pick an exact model & leather. I want this so bad (Belgrave Polo Suede)
But I so not want suede!
plain.gif
Either antique dark brown or chestnut will do. I also want to do some research on the last. The only pair of C&J I've tried is Drummond in 7G, and it was a bit too large. I would like to know how Belgrave compares.

Kenneth Cole Haan

Reaction score
Thing for me is, I can stretch out calfskin "E", but suede does not stretch very much at all.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If this is true we don't have to separate our votes into F & G's. Just need to pick an exact model & leather.

I want this so bad (Belgrave Polo Suede)

cbelgs.jpg

I could go for those. Beautiful.

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Asian Afro
But I so not want suede!
plain.gif
Either antique dark brown or chestnut will do.

I also want to do some research on the last. The only pair of C&J I've tried is Drummond in 7G, and it was a bit too large. I would like to know how Belgrave compares.

The Drummond is on the 348 last while the Belgrave is on the 337 last. As someone mentioned the 337 is a smidge wider when comparing the same width. People usually take the same size in both lasts.

Asian Afro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Odd I/O
The Drummond is on the 348 last while the Belgrave is on the 337 last. As someone mentioned the 337 is a smidge wider when comparing the same width. People usually take the same size in both lasts.

Thank you. The Drummond was about the right length for me. It's a bit longer than my other dress shoes, but it's an elongated last.

So, 7F in 337 last might work for me.

However, with Drummond in 7G there was too much room under the tongue, even with the laces tightened. If the shoes weren't too wide and loose to keep, I would have added tongue pads. (I've had to pad every pair of dress shoes I've bought since I became enlightened by reading SF. I think I have somewhat wide feet with low instep.)

Question: Does reducing a shoe's width also reduce its instep? (Don't know the right term, I'm talking about the amount of room under the laces.) If not, I may need tongue pads with last 337.

Asian Afro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by venessian
I could go for those. Beautiful.

So, are there now five votes for Belgrave F fit?

Polo Brown Calf Suede: Kenneth Cole Haan, HenryFlower, venessian
Dark Brown Antique Calf: me
Unspecified: Knowledge is King

Looks like I'm a holdout.
eh.gif
I just don't see myself liking suede, though.

chison

Reaction score
this is a great idea, I'd like to get in on this, I wear about a 8.5 EEE in AE, all of the styles are appealing, so, I'm not too hard to please, except I just got a pair of custom brown suede monks

HenryFlower

Reaction score
I'd actually have a preference for the calf, but can swing suede. I just need an F or G fit.

Kenneth Cole Haan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Asian Afro
So, are there now five votes for Belgrave F fit?

Polo Brown Calf Suede: Kenneth Cole Haan, HenryFlower, venessian
Dark Brown Antique Calf: me
Unspecified: Knowledge is King

Looks like I'm a holdout.
eh.gif
I just don't see myself liking suede, though.

I think we can get "G" fits involved as well, as long as they get the same exact model (such as my favorite, Polo Brown Calf Suede)

lovelux2010

Reaction score
I think we can get "G" fits involved as well, as long as they get the same exact model (such as my favorite, Polo Brown Calf Suede)

i'm not sure what you mean, but just to be clear - we have to have 6 for one shoe (all same width/colour - different sizes in lenght fine) ..

we cannot combine f and g's together to make 6 (i think this is what you were suggesting but i am tired so may have misread!)

Storm33

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nick V.
I asked Kevin, about this. He is the manager of the N.Y. store.
Here is what he said:

Hi Nick:

Thanks for sending this. They are correct. The normal procedure for us is that if a customer (or customers) orders six of the same style of shoe (leather/material/sole), the factory will offer the normal stock price for the shoes. I say 'stock price' with the understanding that there may be surcharges if the customers want something 'above and beyond' or specific/exotic skins. Different fittings are available within the line (i.e. if one guy wants 'E' fitting, another wants 'G' fitting). Production time is approximately 8 weeks (take into account holidays can affect the timeframe). It is a good way to get a 'semi-custom' shoe at regular retail. Let me know if you have any questions.

I'm reading the statement above in bold font to mean that you can fit F / G within the same set of 6.

That being said, I read in another poast that Allen Edmonds is bringing Mora back as an offering in their Custom shoes selection soon, so that may take me out of the running for the Lowndes depending on price. (Flame suit on...
tinfoil.gif
)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads