• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jasonfoote303
Some nice new Summer shoes at Unionmade. Both are classic and fun!

1305859261.jpg

1305859114.jpg

very nice
thank you for heads up

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by John_
Mcarthur wrote:
ravello cap toe
argyles otc

Very nice! Can't wait to get mine from Aldn DC.

thank you
you will be very pleased

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by enigma77
Hmm, could have sworn that Grant flex captoe came in cigar... I seem to remember Uncle Mac having this boot. One could always get the commando sole resoled, I suppose. Thank you for the link.

Sleeker Alden lasts are harder to fit, but if you know your size and they fit your foot, they are magnificent.

my boot is on the plaza last

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
Fellow addicts: Spoke with Cathy in DC to ask a question about the pre-order for the shoes mac is sporting above.

She was just opening boxes with a brand new shipment of Alden Ravello LWBs.
drool.gif

Oh yes.

Many were pre-ordered but she did have some sizes available.

Holla at yer gurl in DC for the shell....

thank you for the heads up

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2lu9ld4.jpg

8xr2fd.jpg

whiskey nst
argyles otc

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mcarthur
2lu9ld4.jpg

8xr2fd.jpg

whiskey nst argyles otc

very nice. im suprised how dark these considering they are Whiskey. I would have guessed Ravello. Maybe its just the lighting or lack thereof

trunks206

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
Fellow addicts: Spoke with Cathy in DC to ask a question about the pre-order for the shoes mac is sporting above.

Holla at yer gurl in DC for the shell....

Hey do you, or anyone else, know if the pre-order that Alden DC is doing is the EXACT shoe that Mac has on but in boot form?

As much as I love the shoes that Mac has I think Id perfer to have these...

leffotravello.jpg

..but I dont know if I'd ever get a chance to snag a pair (Anyone with a 10.5??? Please PM me!) so I might look into getting a pair of the make-up Alden DC is coming out with.

Pastor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrUnicorn
my nst show ravello

39588481.jpg

Originally Posted by mcarthur
2lu9ld4.jpg

8xr2fd.jpg

whiskey nst
argyles otc

Those Ravello NST of mrUnicorns are lighter in color that the Whiskey NST that Mac is wearing today. I want a pair of Ravello NST but i'm afraid to order over the internet for fear of getting a light colored pair. When the Shoe Mart has its Alden sale i'm going to call see if they can pick me out a pair of Ravello's with a lot of red tones in them.

HorseHide

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pastor
When the Shoe Mart has its Alden sale i'm going to call see if they can pick me out a pair of Ravello's with a lot of red tones in them.

Good luck with that - you'll be the only one trying for a pair of ravellos on sale!
laugh.gif

HorseHide

Reaction score
Originally Posted by trunks206
Hey do you, or anyone else, know if the pre-order that Alden DC is doing is the EXACT shoe that Mac has on but in boot form?

I'm confused, Alden DC is doing a pre-order for a ravello medallion cap toe boot? I thought they were doing a pre-order for the ravello medallion cap toe blucher (which I already have
devil.gif
).

thebunk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pastor
Those Ravello NST of mrUnicorns are lighter in color that the Whiskey NST that Mac is wearing today. I want a pair of Ravello NST but i'm afraid to order over the internet for fear of getting a light colored pair. When the Shoe Mart has its Alden sale i'm going to call see if they can pick me out a pair of Ravello's with a lot of red tones in them.

When does Shoemart usually have an Alden sale?

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HorseHide
Good luck with that - you'll be the only one trying for a pair of ravellos on sale!
laugh.gif

+1. Not to mention that their inventory on Ravellos are incredibly low as is and have no problem selling at retail.

nutcracker

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hi folks on Alden thread,

I recently worked on a scanlation of a shoe dissection article from the Japanese magazine MEN's EX. Basically, those folks dissected a whole bunch of expensive shoes, an Alden V-Tip in Modified Last (Japanese favorite), EG Dover, G&G St.James II, and a JM Weston Golf. lotsa interesting material here. Hope you folks enjoy my translation, not perfect, but should be understandable. Better quality files are attached below. Enjoy
smile.gif

5742722107_0b1175255e_b.jpg

5718734515_e2ddc6defb_b.jpg

5713678080_c02e765888_b.jpg

5723372280_30e51dc73e_b.jpg

5742655167_3d812bcd7d.jpg
5718743221_72fbefe87d.jpg

5713621232_ab8155f710.jpg
5723374584_985cfc48a5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads