***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Zipp

On an unrelated note, I'm visiting your fair city yesterday/today. Not sure I have ever experienced nicer weather in Seattle. Get out and enjoy! Hope to stop by Insurrection before my flight this afternoon.

BTW - I hate the Grant last (which is why choices are nice, even if they create complexity & confusion)

HH

Enjoy it. The current weather is a freakish anomaly this year. This has been the crappiest spring that I can recall. Last Sunday I probably got the wettest I've ever been on a bike and that was after cutting the ride short to an hour.

2. marg

marg Senior member

I probably got the wettest I've ever been

that's what she said

3. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

4. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

^ Everyone has their opinion on lasts. I dislike the Plaza intensely (both for fit and looks). Everyone else seems to love it... To each their own!

I know what you mean. I hate the fit of the Barrie last. The heel is practically as wide as the toe box! I wish more retailers stocked more shoes on non-standard lasts.

5. trunks206

trunks206 Senior member

Enjoy it. The current weather is a freakish anomaly this year. This has been the crappiest spring that I can recall. Last Sunday I probably got the wettest I've ever been on a bike and that was after cutting the ride short to an hour.

Its been beautiful this week though!

Thanks for the complements guys, like other members mentioned they are on the Grant last (which I now love!) and I believe their original destination was Alden DC (these are seconds but I see no flaws).

Oh and those blue suede tassels that Unionmade/Jason came up with are amazing!
    [​IMG]

6. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

I know what you mean. I hate the fit of the Barrie last. The heel is practically as wide as the toe box! I wish more retailers stocked more shoes on non-standard lasts.
    It does look good on some shoes. Boots in particular look good on the Barrie. The Grant captoes earlier in the thread, though, are beautiful.

7. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

It does look good on some shoes. Boots in particular look good on the Barrie. The Grant captoes earlier in the thread, though, are beautiful.

I actually like the look of the Barrie. It's the fit with the super wide heel that I hate. The Leydon looks very similar to the Barrie (which I like), and has a narrower heel (which I require). I think it's the best "gun boat" last. I wish Alden used it more. There was a suede longwing on the Leydon recently. It made me yearn for some shell longwings on the Leydon.

8. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

I actually like the look of the Barrie. It's the fit with the super wide heel that I hate. The Leydon looks very similar to the Barrie (which I like), and has a narrower heel (which I require). I think it's the best "gun boat" last. I wish Alden used it more. There was a suede longwing on the Leydon recently. It made me yearn for some shell longwings on the Leydon.

I have some sand suede LWB on the Leydon and they do fit me better than my other Barrie laste shoes.

9. sazon

sazon Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ravello cap toe
    argyles otc

Fellow addicts: Spoke with Cathy in DC to ask a question about the pre-order for the shoes mac is sporting above.

She was just opening boxes with a brand new shipment of Alden Ravello LWBs. [​IMG]

Oh yes.

Many were pre-ordered but she did have some sizes available.

Holla at yer gurl in DC for the shell....

10. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

I have some sand suede LWB on the Leydon and they do fit me better than my other Barrie laste shoes.

Those suede longwings on the Leydon were from Epaulet, I'd imagine? They do a regular exclusive make up on those.

I would also love shell longwings on the Leydon (I believe BB has the Grant longwing as an exclusive). #8, Cigar, or Ravello with antique edgetrim and a single flex oiled sole, or single leather sole. That would be the ticket.

(I could imagine, though, that stockists are hesitant to use up their custom make ups on shell longwings.)

11. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Yep, the suede Leydon LWBs are from Epaulet.
    Barrie v Leydon
    [​IMG]

12. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

Yep, the suede Leydon LWBs are from Epaulet.
    Barrie v Leydon

They don't really look different in front view, but they have a nice narrow heel. Perfect for me!

13. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Senior member

I just got my first barrie lasted aldens from frans boone and i must say that the barrie isn't nearly as blobby as i anticpated. Will try and post pics soon.

14. ozzyboo

ozzyboo Well-Known Member

Fellow addicts: Spoke with Cathy in DC to ask a question about the pre-order for the shoes mac is sporting above.

She was just opening boxes with a brand new shipment of Alden Ravello LWBs. [​IMG]

Oh yes.

Many were pre-ordered but she did have some sizes available.

Holla at yer gurl in DC for the shell....

Thanks for the tip, Sazon. I gave her a call and she was wondering how I found out about them so quick. One guy has a hold on two sizes, so I'm hoping he will release the size I need.

15. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

^So nice. [​IMG]

Another new member to the family....

[​IMG]

Cigar Cap-toes with commando soles....I'm set for our wet weather.

thank you
    enjoy wearing your good looking cigar cap toes
    remember the break in procedure

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.