• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lonneker
These look great - just got the same, but in calf and with white buckle.

Nice! I went for the brass buckle as I just always prefer that color for anything bling related.

Originally Posted by Isak Bengtsbo
Damn, those F monks were the last thing I needed to see.. It's an amazing last.

Yep. F-last is one of, if not THE best RTW classic round toe last out there. That and EG 202 in C and D widths.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
I recently sold my two pairs of black EG's and figured I could use a pair around the house. I thought these should work well both with suits and more casual outfits that could work with black shoes. Looking forward to wearing them one of these days! Vass - F last - black shell cordovan monks - double sole tapering to single
IMG_2194.jpg

Rocking shoes Slewfoot, just a great buy IMO. They are so minimal they'll go with anything black shoes go with IMO. Buckle's different (oops just saw post above) - looks good, the old ones had a tendency to break anyway - inferior alloy, not pure brass. I've changed to square too and I like the way the square and round play off each other. BTW suits around the house? wow, very HRH
laugh.gif
I believe JR's are the default leather sole for Vass these days, but I'd verify with Kolecho.
+1 JR is default Philo- never seen anything else. and it's generally regarded as the best because of the length of time in the pits - 12 months IIRC.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
not bad! shame about the fugly black monk things
nest.gif

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLKY
Vass Old English in Cigar Cordovan F last

Damn!

Originally Posted by luk-cha
nest.gif

yeah whatever

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoa! Those cigar shells are great!

nest.gif

Ha! You not a fan of Vass single monks or just black shoes in general?

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Whoa! Those cigar shells are great!

Ha! You not a fan of Vass single monks or just black shoes in general?

single monks are fine, as are black shoes - but this config is just a fail for me, black needs to be shiny for it to look good, shell is poor at holding a shine coz it glows thats why shell looks better in just about every other tone apart from BLACK, these would have looked almost perfect in bordo shell

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
single monks are fine, as are black shoes - but this config is just a fail for me, black needs to be shiny for it to look good, shell is poor at holding a shine coz it glows thats why shell looks better in just about every other tone apart from BLACK, these would have looked almost perfect in bordo shell

Funny as the somewhat casual matte finish is exactly what I was going for with these! I just don't think super shiny shoes fit in with my wardrobe too well.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Funny as the somewhat casual matte finish is exactly what I was going for with these! I just don't think super shiny shoes fit in with my wardrobe too well.

yea, well still think bordo would have been better, as i could hardly call black a casual color

BTW when you back in HK?

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Holy smoke! That Vass cigar cordovan is pretty. If I had to choose only one shoe color, that would be it.

rrosals

Reaction score
Same as above but in dark drown calf. Thank you to Kolecho for the great service.

IMG_2575.jpg

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea, well still think bordo would have been better, as i could hardly call black a casual color

BTW when you back in HK?

True, but for my needs these work well.

Probably not back until September unfortunately.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads