• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

drmmr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bounce2.gif
**** man. Need more detailed and higher quality pics, scott. The CDGH shirt's sick too. Too bad no vis.

And those are cdg play chucks hi. I don't usually like sneakers (beaten up in this case) with suits, but it works here.

inlove.gif

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
scott.m -- trickers look awesome

slack tide -- love the blazer, what is that?

+1

Originally Posted by scott.m
Wayyyy overdue and pants were falling off (need to be taken in) but here is the Jil suit.

5727276248_e16983a9ce_z.jpg

Get your cookin dance on, APK.

Also, notice the pedestrians shoes??

Deets:

IMG_1895.jpg

Deserves decent pics Scott.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wayyyy overdue and pants were falling off (need to be taken in) but here is the Jil suit.

5727276248_e16983a9ce_z.jpg

Get your cookin dance on, APK.

Also, notice the pedestrians shoes??

Deets:

IMG_1895.jpg

Color blocking here is so good. Agreed that the sneakers work with the suit; congruent without being too matchy.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
CDG Play chucks on the feet, hundreds on the laces, you ain't sayin nothin less you talkin big faces.

brunch indeed with the lady and a few other Sufu'ers, including sidney lo (who was kind enough to photograph it for me <3)

does this mean they are highs or lows ? do you like french toast ?

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
does this mean they are highs or lows ? do you like french toast ?

Originally Posted by drmmr
They're highs. The heart on the lows are closer to the sole.

Btw, where did you get the suit from, Scott?

He is indeed correct, and I can't get into French Toast, too heavy.

Suit was actually a thrift find but it used to belong to a best friend of mine.

saelan

Reaction score
I like slack's sweat-shorts-suit, it looks totally cohesive like that, even though I really didn't like the looks of the blazer on the rack and I don't think I'd wear it myself.

Scott's fit with the Trickers is great, though does anybody else think it looks a little schlubby? Not in a bad way, more in an Our Legacy lookbook way. It kinda makes me feel like we were all dressing cooler a few years ago when the jeans were tighter, though.

That Jil suit is amaaaazing.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
did you not see the plaid blur flying around 1:15?
oops my bad, was skipping thru the vid in the morning...kinda rushed it
redface.gif
but now that i see it...
worship.gif
great **** with the suit too! also slack, this fit was reminiscent of a synth-fit lol! i think it would look better if you rolled up the sleeves and then rolled up the jacket sleeves. it would prob look less chunky...i dunno

saelan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jwied82
DSC00218.jpg

THE TRANSFORMATION IS COMPLETE. For serious, though, the glasses and shaved head with this outfit make me imagine you at Mutek or something, bobbing your head to Plastikman. Not a bad thing.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the critiques and comments on the sport-coat-sweat-suit. Was certain there would be mixed reviews but it was seriously fun to wear...as corny as that may sound..
redface.gif

I knew I would try it sooner or later, against better judgment or not,.....so just did the deed last night. Wasn't convinced it was 'right' looking in the full length, so had the gf take me out into the yard for a pic (before actually going out, out) which is always the best indicator imo. It somehow just kinda came together (in our eyes, at least) and decided it would be safe to wear to dinner... (i.e. sweat suit in public....,correct
plain.gif
).

for good or bad - I don't know - but it drew some stares!
laugh.gif
. Thanks again for the comments...appreciate the feedback as I explore the limitations of the sweat blazer..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads