• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
I need to come back to this thread.
welcome back
1Ythp.jpg

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thatgirl again
thanks to all for the feedback … helmut lang jacket is "new" helmut … got it last november-ish. it's one of my most favorite things in my closet. i agree that the shoes aren't great with that outfit (although i do love them, the comme play heart cracks me up) but here's the deal- i walk almost 2 miles to work (one way) and home every day.. so i have to find a compromise on something that i can walk almost 4mi daily in and not have hurt feet. now… if you all want to pool money together and buy me these… i would wear those suckers every day.
inlove.gif

those wedges are amazing. if i was balling out of control my girl would get one via instacop
Originally Posted by reedobandito
photo3.jpg
Saturdays Surf APC PS Feiyue Schmeh?

the feiyue's kinda suck, but love everything else (no ****)

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thatgirl again
now... if you all want to pool money together and buy me these... i would wear those suckers every day.
inlove.gif

these are dope, i got 5 on it
lol8[1].gif

Khayembii Communique

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
If you have a problem with a girl of Thatgirl's calliber wearing leggings you need to check yourself, regardless of sexual orientation.

What caliber is she of? I don't think the leggings-as-pants thing looks good on ANY girl you might as well add some Uggs and North Face and complete the college freshman look.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
The pants look a bit too casual with the semi-spread collar shirt and four in hand knot.

its a round collar and a windsor knot. not that it makes any diff to what you're saying but yeah.

round collar gets kind of lost under the jacket due to how spread it is for a round collar.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
222857_10150184802911835_508016834_7361480_4411286_n.jpg

While I often don't like his outfits, Robbie's fits frequently have more character and better fit than 95% of the people I see on the street. Most people wear such totally bland and ill fitting clothing as if to purposefully render themselves invisible, but I would probably notice Robbie if he walked past me. One really gets the feeling that his outfits suit his personally and that he is comfortable with himself! A large part of one's choice of dress is centered around constructing a recognizable stereotype which others will use for assessing you. Considering the large number of posters on this forum from places like NYC and other large cities, I believe many here dislike his aesthetic (in part) because they disapprove of the Midwest American vibe he emits-- a stereotype which they disapprove of.

dls6128

Reaction score
Svb, the sport coat is a great look for you. Helps add more weight to your top half. Agree with the above that I would prefer a different collar (and maybe lose the tie?) but I think that's my favorite fit of yours so far.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
its a round collar and a windsor knot. not that it makes any diff to what you're saying but yeah. round collar gets kind of lost under the jacket due to how spread it is for a round collar.
That's round collar? Couldn't tell, since the collar space is huge. Windsor knot would have looked more triangular to me. The top half looks a bit formal compared to the bottom half. I like the top half, but different pants and shoes would have rounded out this fit.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
its a round collar and a windsor knot. not that it makes any diff to what you're saying but yeah. round collar gets kind of lost under the jacket due to how spread it is for a round collar.
James Bond doesn't trust men in Windsor knots
laugh.gif
Not a fan of that collar and a FiH would be preferred, but the fit from the chest down is great, sleeve length perfection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads