The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

BB1 = new Xenox?

kidding BB1

2. BB1

BB1 Senior member

leggings as pants can be awesome, it can also suck, just like any other item of clothing. wow.
    Agreed. My wife often wears leggings in lieu of pants and the quality of the look can vary a lot. Usually they look best when paired with good lace up heels/boots, which will not look anything like a collage freshman wearing uggs! Add a tunic top or short dress over top and it can look amazing.

3. Lane

Lane Senior member

he is right though, but BB1 does strike me as a tyler durdenish hypocrite.

4. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

BB1 = new Xenox?

kidding BB1

Is he still around?

5. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

Is he still around?

Not that I've seen

6. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

No more Xenox? [​IMG]

7. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Agreed. My wife often wears leggings in lieu of pants and the quality of the look can vary a lot. Usually they look best when paired with good lace up heels/boots, which will not look anything like a collage freshman wearing uggs! Add a tunic top or short dress over top and it can look amazing.

If you're wearing a dress over leggings then you're not wearing leggings as pants...

8. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

its a round collar and a windsor knot. not that it makes any diff to what you're saying but yeah.

round collar gets kind of lost under the jacket due to how spread it is for a round collar.

That would make it dressier than a four-in-hand, wouldn't it? I've always thought of a four-in-hand as the farthest toward casual on the necktie fastening spectrum and a full windsor on the opposite end. And yeah, definitely looks like a cutaway collar.

Anyway, that jacket fits you perfectly. You could either upgrade the pants to wool trousers or ditch the tie and swap in a button-down to bring everything into harmony.

9. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

thanks to all for the feedback ... helmut lang jacket is "new" helmut ... got it last november-ish. it's one of my most favorite things in my closet. i agree that the shoes aren't great with that outfit (although i do love them, the comme play heart cracks me up) but here's the deal- i walk almost 2 miles to work (one way) and home every day.. so i have to find a compromise on something that i can walk almost 4mi daily in and not have hurt feet. now... if you all want to pool money together and buy me these... i would wear those suckers every day. [​IMG]
    http://cgi.ebay.com/RUNWAY-fw09-RICK...item27bb0f36df http://cgi.ebay.com/New-ALEXANDER-MC...item27bb0f88a7 Jussayin

10. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Stanley what's the sportcoat?

Agree with others that the formality level's mixed, but whole thing looks good anyway.

11. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

if you showed up for amn interview with that look on your face i would kick you in the penis and set you aflame
    [​IMG] holy fuck. legit lols here
    Yeah had to make a short trip there. Then I went up Yonge for 7000 miles before arriving to next destination, it really must be the longest street in the world.
    why you no call teh snowman??[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

To grab dinner with my lady in Chelsea, then to kick it with Westside.

Junya
    TB
    Junya
    Trickers

bonus: Golfwang show:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

1:15

no stage dive this time[​IMG]

12. jwied82

jwied82 Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cp company vest
    hl shirt
    silent t
    jr jeans
    brato shoes

13. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

no stage dive this time[​IMG]

did you not see the plaid blur flying around 1:15?

14. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

15. johnannemarie

johnannemarie Senior member

I know what all of those words mean, but somehow they just don't make sense together.

Ok, so I just realized that both posts I'm disagreeing with are from indesertum...weird.

Anyway, not a fan of the CdG Play chucks. Not exactly sure why, but it's kinda like "hey, chucks aren't cute and quirky enough; I need hearts to make them even cuter and quirkier!" or something along those lines. Agree with people who said they don't match the fit.

A bunch of people are gonna be dicks and flame you, so here's a quick synopsis:

- Flip-flops look awful on guys, almost all of whom have ugly feet. This also applies to you.
    - A logo graphic tee from a designer diffusion line is pretty tacky.
    - The t-shirt belt tuck does not look good.
    - Someone already mentioned this, but wearing a jacket like that with a graphic tee, flip-flops, and jeans clashes in a bad way.
    - That jacket looks like it's meant to be worn as part of a suit (possibly because of the stripes and flap pockets), which doesn't pair well with jeans.

No hate, just some constructive criticism.

Hey mate
    Thanx for the criticism, sometimes I forget how crude people can be on this forum. In regards to the thongs, I think it's an Australian thing, there everywhere and is part of our culture. The jacket is a type of sports coat I guess that's made out of linen and silk so it's good for the 40+ degree days in perth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.