The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DLester

DLester Senior member

I need to come back to this thread.
    welcome back [​IMG]

2. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

thanks to all for the feedback … helmut lang jacket is "new" helmut … got it last november-ish. it's one of my most favorite things in my closet. i agree that the shoes aren't great with that outfit (although i do love them, the comme play heart cracks me up) but here's the deal- i walk almost 2 miles to work (one way) and home every day.. so i have to find a compromise on something that i can walk almost 4mi daily in and not have hurt feet. now… if you all want to pool money together and buy me these… i would wear those suckers every day. [​IMG]
    those wedges are amazing. if i was balling out of control my girl would get one via instacop
    [​IMG] Saturdays Surf APC PS Feiyue Schmeh?
    the feiyue's kinda suck, but love everything else (no homo)

3. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

welcome back
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] Fun times fun times. Have been spending too much time in DT. Need to get out for awhile.

4. jet

jet Persian Bro

now... if you all want to pool money together and buy me these... i would wear those suckers every day. [​IMG]

these are dope, i got 5 on it [​IMG]

5. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

6. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

^^^ Well played my friend, well played [​IMG]

7. Prada_Ferragamo

[​IMG]

The pants look a bit too casual with the semi-spread collar shirt and four in hand knot.

8. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

If you have a problem with a girl of Thatgirl's calliber wearing leggings you need to check yourself, regardless of sexual orientation.

What caliber is she of? I don't think the leggings-as-pants thing looks good on ANY girl you might as well add some Uggs and North Face and complete the college freshman look.

9. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

lol. ok dude that makes sense given the rest of her outfit.

leggings as pants can be awesome, it can also suck, just like any other item of clothing. wow.

10. Lane

Lane Senior member

i feel her fits always have the top too heavy, though

11. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

The pants look a bit too casual with the semi-spread collar shirt and four in hand knot.

its a round collar and a windsor knot. not that it makes any diff to what you're saying but yeah.

round collar gets kind of lost under the jacket due to how spread it is for a round collar.

12. BB1

BB1 Senior member

[​IMG]
    While I often don't like his outfits, Robbie's fits frequently have more character and better fit than 95% of the people I see on the street. Most people wear such totally bland and ill fitting clothing as if to purposefully render themselves invisible, but I would probably notice Robbie if he walked past me. One really gets the feeling that his outfits suit his personally and that he is comfortable with himself! A large part of one's choice of dress is centered around constructing a recognizable stereotype which others will use for assessing you. Considering the large number of posters on this forum from places like NYC and other large cities, I believe many here dislike his aesthetic (in part) because they disapprove of the Midwest American vibe he emits-- a stereotype which they disapprove of.

13. dls6128

dls6128 Senior member

Svb, the sport coat is a great look for you. Helps add more weight to your top half. Agree with the above that I would prefer a different collar (and maybe lose the tie?) but I think that's my favorite fit of yours so far.

14. Prada_Ferragamo

its a round collar and a windsor knot. not that it makes any diff to what you're saying but yeah. round collar gets kind of lost under the jacket due to how spread it is for a round collar.
    That's round collar? Couldn't tell, since the collar space is huge. Windsor knot would have looked more triangular to me. The top half looks a bit formal compared to the bottom half. I like the top half, but different pants and shoes would have rounded out this fit.

15. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

its a round collar and a windsor knot. not that it makes any diff to what you're saying but yeah. round collar gets kind of lost under the jacket due to how spread it is for a round collar.
    James Bond doesn't trust men in Windsor knots [​IMG] Not a fan of that collar and a FiH would be preferred, but the fit from the chest down is great, sleeve length perfection

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.