• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Singular

Reaction score
Long time...

Mikael%20Englund.jpg

/M

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tshaw
Thunder storms, heavy at times, all week coming up - makes for interesting "How do I get dressed today for that meeting" quandry?
fight[1].gif

Answers anyone?

My answer today consists of attire either about which I do not care very much, or attire that is at the end of its normal season, and one step away from the dry cleaners (or all of the above).

I know that I am going to get (and probably deservedly so) a load of isht for today's fit, but here it is.

FWIW, and have at it, fellow posters (and Mother Nature, falling on my head in a few minutes).

IMGP0575461x1280.jpg

IMGP0573953x1280.jpg

IMGP0572851x1280.jpg

deandbn

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lumme
Hi Guys..

IMAG0064-1.jpg

Be gentle:)

Lumme

Very Nice Lumme. It's just that your shirt collar is about 4 sizes too big for you. It should fit snugly, then you could do your tie up properly and change the knot for a FIH or half windsor as required.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, lets try again :)
- is that a suit jacket? based on the texture and cut, it looks more like a suit jacket than an odd jacket. a suit jacket is not an advisable replacement for a well fitting odd jacket. also, the fit is off - the buttoning points are way too high, a symptom of the fact that the jacket in general is too short for you. - not a fan of those jeans, and shoes, especially the shoes. - invest in some better pocket squares. the pattern on that one makes it hard to incorporate into most fits, not to mention the cheap sheen it has. - general disclaimer that i do not hate you or dislike you ... so please don't get sensitive with the feedback
Originally Posted by Crat
http://oi51.tinypic.com/6hm686.jpg
- nice jeans and shoes - not a fan of the jacket. something solid or plaid would have been a lot better. - also the buttoning point is too high - see disclaimer above
Originally Posted by upr_crust
I know that I am going to get (and probably deservedly so) a load of isht for today's fit, but here it is.
- UC - so maybe you could have passed up on posting, since you already know the shortcomings of the fit? If you already didn't know the fit deserved a "load of isht" (in your words) i would understand, but your self admission makes me struggle to understand why you still chose to post it (or wear it - i argue you can still dress well in rainy weather, but that is another discussion for another day) - we either need to be more selective of what is posted in this thread or not complain when it gets bashed.
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Me and the missus:
nice

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
+1 on most of what Nii said, especially @ Crusty. Have you noticed how some very good posters seem to post less pics these days? Urban Comp, TC Houston, Cogburn, Pandarts et al? If/when they return no doubt they will be welcomed.
You don't have to post every day especially when (each to his own, but IMO) your pics have become so painfully predictable and boring. Boxy shiny suit, baroque tie/PS, unnecessarily verbose and self deprecating preamble ... rinse and repeat. Why not take a break for a while or pick your best couple of fits from a week and post them?

Nii's disclaimer applies here too.

Lumme

Reaction score
niidawg3;4476630 said:
- is that a suit jacket? based on the texture and cut, it looks more like a suit jacket than an odd jacket. a suit jacket is not an advisable replacement for a well fitting odd jacket. also, the fit is off - the buttoning points are way too high, a symptom of the fact that the jacket in general is too short for you.
- not a fan of those jeans, and shoes, especially the shoes.
- invest in some better pocket squares. the pattern on that one makes it hard to incorporate into most fits, not to mention the cheap sheen it has.
- general disclaimer that i do not hate you or dislike you ... so please don't get sensitive with the feedback

You are very right my friend, it is a suit jacket! And i follow your points! And agree with you on some of them :) nice to get some feedback.
- Concerning the better pocket squares, I have a question - is there anywhere online where it is possible to buy some better quality pocket squares?? I live in a town here ind Denmark, where the choice of pocket squares and the like, are fairly limited.

Lumme

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Ah yes. Monday again.
- i'll take the shoes, p/s and shirt - i'll pass on the suit and tie
You are very right my friend, it is a suit jacket! And i follow your points! And agree with you on some of them :) nice to get some feedback. - Concerning the better pocket squares, I have a question - is there anywhere online where it is possible to buy some better quality pocket squares?? I live in a town here ind Denmark, where the choice of pocket squares and the like, are fairly limited. Lumme
pocket squares can be had from a few sources: - our own Kent Wang, acecow and gshen sell some really nice ones. check out Kent Wang's site or PM acecow and gshen. there may be others that are escaping me now. - also check out your neighborhood fabric store. you may see some really fabrics and be able to make some pocket squares yourself - finally there is always ebay. a thorough search will reveal some nice finds. good luck my friend.
Originally Posted by zbromer
I always enjoyed your posts. A refreshing twist on the typical outfits here.
+1

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robasaurus
Hey everybody! I haven't posted in this thread in years, but have been following it almost daily. Taking notes from my favourite posters, refining my wardrobe, and nailing down the details. I think the journey is at a point where I'm pretty happy with how my style has come along, and thanks in no small part to the discussions, feedback and photos posted in this thread. In particular: gnatty8, newyorkranger, Orgetorix, Phat Guido, NOBD, luftvier, Parker, niidawg, olddog/oldtrix, MBreinen, yfyf, and TTO. Your personal fits have all given me inspiration and helped me to nail down exactly what sorts of looks I like for my own style. There have been many more posters whose fits I have enjoyed, and whose discourse has been most helpful, and to all of you I say: Thank you!

Now the biggest trouble is finding the time and motivation to actually take photos to post here! Sometimes you get a little help along the way, like at the art gallery opening I went to this weekend:

225914_10150590784540431_674160430_18336595_3670293_n.jpg

Good to see you back!

Originally Posted by acridsheep
100percentacrid.jpg

Awesome.

Originally Posted by Ianiceman
@ Robasaurus all your sterling work in looking good will be completely wasted if you don't get rid of those hideous glasses. The are doing you no favours at all. Send them back to the seventies with no return address immediately.

Originally Posted by Ianiceman
+1 on most of what Nii said, especially @ Crusty. Have you noticed how some very good posters seem to post less pics these days? Urban Comp, TC Houston, Cogburn, Pandarts et al? If/when they return no doubt they will be welcomed.
You don't have to post every day especially when (each to his own, but IMO) your pics have become so painfully predictable and boring. Boxy shiny suit, baroque tie/PS, unnecessarily verbose and self deprecating preamble ... rinse and repeat. Why not take a break for a while or pick your best couple of fits from a week and post them?

Nii's disclaimer applies here too.

How about this? Why don't you post some pictures of yourself? Until then, shut the **** up.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads