• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Incredible service at Allen-Edmond

Brogued

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AllenEdmondsCEO
"One thought for Mr. AE CEO, please bring back the Mora. There is a currently a large demand for a double monk. I was lucky enough to get one pair before you stopped producing them and I would like a few more pair."

HarleyBob -

Thanks for the input and your loyalty to AE. These direct conversations are a great advantage for us, do keep it coming. We're working on the new Mora right now for introduction later this year/early next. There are a couple of improvements we want to make to the first version, before we introduce the second. Stay tuned.

Thanks again,
Paul

Great news about the Mora.

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Allen Edmonds is still just outside Milwaukee. But I believe the CEO has an office in Minneapolis.

Chris

gsgleason

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
wow, nice! That's a SA acting the way the CEO would.

Really? The CEOs I know seem to do little more than:
1) Play golf
2) Inquire as to how to make the color red go away on whatever the trivial report of the day happens to be
3) Embezzle

Anyway, I too am happy with my local AE store in Denver. So far I like the company quite well, and I'm glad to support the local economy by buying a product made here by an old, reputable company.

Storm33

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gsgleason
Really? The CEOs I know seem to do little more than:
1) Play golf
2) Inquire as to how to make the color red go away on whatever the trivial report of the day happens to be
3) Embezzle

That's unfortunate to read...how many CEOs do you actually know, personally? It seems like you're buying into what the media wants you to believe about corporate leaders. There's no question that there are some bad apples out there, and they are the primary focus of the primetime press. Do you have any idea how many corporations there are in the U.S.? Think about that, and consider how many CEOs there are. Many of them care a great deal about the mission of their company as well as the prosperity of their employees and the communities in which they do business. Seriously.

I read Paul's blog and occasionally find stories about AE. I get the impression that he is one of those leaders who cares deeply about the success of his American industry, cares about his customers, and genuinely likes shoes.

gsgleason

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Storm33
That's unfortunate to read...how many CEOs do you actually know, personally? It seems like you're buying into what the media wants you to believe about corporate leaders. There's no question that there are some bad apples out there, and they are the primary focus of the primetime press. Do you have any idea how many corporations there are in the U.S.? Think about that, and consider how many CEOs there are. Many of them care a great deal about the mission of their company as well as the prosperity of their employees and the communities in which they do business. Seriously.

I read Paul's blog and occasionally find stories about AE. I get the impression that he is one of those leaders who cares deeply about the success of his American industry, cares about his customers, and genuinely likes shoes.

I think Paul is the exception, not the rule. Perhaps I am jaded by working for a massive multi-national corporation whose "leaders" are completely out-of-touch with what it is we actually do and what our clients pay for.

I cannot say I know CEOs. I am a lowly worker-bee who does some of the actual work for which our clients pay. I've met and spoken to the last couple CEOs my company has gone through, and frankly their inability to communicate with normal people is astounding.

A bit off topic. Sorry.

I do applaud Paul for actually communicating with the community and his consumers directly. I think this would be a better world if that was the norm for American business.

/rant

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads