• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Incredible service at Allen-Edmond

PaulGrangaardCR

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KObalto
He posts on AAAC and I think he lurks here as well.

Greetings Gentlemen -- This is my first post on StyleForum, but the OP was so terrific I had to register and join the community. Thanks very much to Magogian12345 for taking the time to write about his experience. Best wishes to you for your wedding! We're honored that you chose Allen Edmonds' #1 shoe for the big event.

I was in New York yesterday and today and stopped by the MadAve store, and Sergio was in Port Washington for some training earlier this week and I saw him there. He is indeed a good representative of Allen Edmonds' superb service culture.

Thanks also to our many supporters here on SF. Your input helps us become a better company and your support inspires us.

One of my favorite quotes for business is Ben Hogan's famous line about lucky shots in golf: "The harder I practice, the luckier I get." In that vein, here's a link to a NYT article last week that was a great stroke of good fortune for us.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/21/fa...edmonds&st=cse

Best wishes,
Paul

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have had great customer service from AE as well, but from corporate. They've twice replaced shoes sent in for recrafting even though I didn't even mention replacement. In one instance, a woman called me and said "the leather shouldn't crack like that, and the rest of the shoe makes me think you've kept up with polishing." I told her I had done my best, but was hardly diligent about it. She said she was sending me a new pair of shoes anyway.

A second time, the exact same thing happened except I asked about what felt like a small bump in the footbed. This time they just said they thought the footbed might be defective and they were going to replace the shoes.

Thus, despite a lot of AE criticism, I'll continue to buy their product. It lacks the SF snob appeal of Alden, but I can't remember getting such great service from any other company. Maybe Tiffany's (my tiara lost a stone).

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been eying the Allen Edmonds Strand. I work near the 6th Avenue Store and will stop by to try a pair on due to this thread.

JDMills

Reaction score
Sergio is a great guy, when I was in New York last year I bought a pair of Drydens and he was so helpful I bought a pair of Park Avenues too, the guy even threw in a pair of trees because they didn't had a pair in stock that their computer said was there and called in advance to check. They know their business and are incredibly helpful, sometimes Allen Edmonds gets a bad rap. They aren't as nice as my C&Js but if I want a sturdy shoe, I'll pull out my AEs, also my first good pair of shoes were AE.

P.S just picked up a pair of black strands and I love em.

Icehawk

Reaction score
Great article Paul, thanks for linking it! It's really sad to think like so many other American industries that there are just a few survivors left.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Travis, thank you for sharing this wonderful experience and best wishes for your wedding day.
May you enjoy your Park Avenues in good health.

Paul, it is an honour to have you with us here. I am a very happy owner of over 20 pair of Allen Edmonds shoes and look forward to buying more of them. May your company continue to prosper.

Welcome to Styleforum gentlemen, and best wishes to you both.

JGloger

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
I am a very happy owner of over 20 pair of Allen Edmonds shoes...

I'm jealous. Just a couple weeks ago I purchased my first pair of "nice" shoes - AE Strand in Walnut - and I'm in love. Previously I'd always stuck with Bass, used Florsheims off ebay, etc but I've just recently come to realize the concept of quality over quantity. Definitely addictive though. Since receiving my first pair I have spent entirely too much time trying to decide which ones I want next.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AllenEdmondsCEO
Greetings Gentlemen -- This is my first post on StyleForum, but the OP was so terrific I had to register and join the community. Thanks very much to Magogian12345 for taking the time to write about his experience. Best wishes to you for your wedding! We're honored that you chose Allen Edmonds' #1 shoe for the big event.

I was in New York yesterday and today and stopped by the MadAve store, and Sergio was in Port Washington for some training earlier this week and I saw him there. He is indeed a good representative of Allen Edmonds' superb service culture.

Thanks also to our many supporters here on SF. Your input helps us become a better company and your support inspires us.

One of my favorite quotes for business is Ben Hogan's famous line about lucky shots in golf: "The harder I practice, the luckier I get." In that vein, here's a link to a NYT article last week that was a great stroke of good fortune for us.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/21/fa...edmonds&st=cse

Best wishes,
Paul

A nice first post

HarleyBob

Reaction score
It speaks highly of a company and the individual when the CEO is willing to share thoughts/opinions on a forum. I have over 20 pair of AE's and I find them to be a great quality shoe for the money. There are better shoes out there, but the price point is also much higher

One thought for Mr. AE CEO, please bring back the Mora. There is a currently a large demand for a double monk. I was lucky enough to get one pair before you stopped producing them and I would like a few more pair.

Thanks again for posting.

PaulGrangaardCR

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
"One thought for Mr. AE CEO, please bring back the Mora. There is a currently a large demand for a double monk. I was lucky enough to get one pair before you stopped producing them and I would like a few more pair."

HarleyBob -

Thanks for the input and your loyalty to AE. These direct conversations are a great advantage for us, do keep it coming. We're working on the new Mora right now for introduction later this year/early next. There are a couple of improvements we want to make to the first version, before we introduce the second. Stay tuned.

Thanks again,
Paul

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
triple monks?
devil.gif

no please don't, I'm just kidding.

I suspect the Mora will be welcomed, though with a few adjustments to make it better.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Allen Edmonds is based in Minneapolis?
eh.gif

Nice!

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was so impressed by this thread I bought a pair of Leeds instead of an Alden PTB.

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Achilles_
Allen Edmonds is based in Minneapolis?
eh.gif

I wondered the same thing, I thought he'd be right up the road from me.

(Not that I think it matters all that much, as long as they keep having 2 shoe banks in close driving distance!
peepwall[1].gif
)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads