1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Incredible service at Allen-Edmond

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by vaulter1, Apr 19, 2011.

1. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

Travis, thank you for sharing this wonderful experience and best wishes for your wedding day.
    May you enjoy your Park Avenues in good health.

Paul, it is an honour to have you with us here. I am a very happy owner of over 20 pair of Allen Edmonds shoes and look forward to buying more of them. May your company continue to prosper.

Welcome to Styleforum gentlemen, and best wishes to you both.

2. JGloger

JGloger Senior member

I am a very happy owner of over 20 pair of Allen Edmonds shoes...

I'm jealous. Just a couple weeks ago I purchased my first pair of "nice" shoes - AE Strand in Walnut - and I'm in love. Previously I'd always stuck with Bass, used Florsheims off ebay, etc but I've just recently come to realize the concept of quality over quantity. Definitely addictive though. Since receiving my first pair I have spent entirely too much time trying to decide which ones I want next.

3. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

Greetings Gentlemen -- This is my first post on StyleForum, but the OP was so terrific I had to register and join the community. Thanks very much to Magogian12345 for taking the time to write about his experience. Best wishes to you for your wedding! We're honored that you chose Allen Edmonds' #1 shoe for the big event.

I was in New York yesterday and today and stopped by the MadAve store, and Sergio was in Port Washington for some training earlier this week and I saw him there. He is indeed a good representative of Allen Edmonds' superb service culture.

Thanks also to our many supporters here on SF. Your input helps us become a better company and your support inspires us.

One of my favorite quotes for business is Ben Hogan's famous line about lucky shots in golf: "The harder I practice, the luckier I get." In that vein, here's a link to a NYT article last week that was a great stroke of good fortune for us.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/21/fa...edmonds&st=cse

Best wishes,
    Paul

A nice first post

4. HarleyBob

HarleyBob Senior member

It speaks highly of a company and the individual when the CEO is willing to share thoughts/opinions on a forum. I have over 20 pair of AE's and I find them to be a great quality shoe for the money. There are better shoes out there, but the price point is also much higher

One thought for Mr. AE CEO, please bring back the Mora. There is a currently a large demand for a double monk. I was lucky enough to get one pair before you stopped producing them and I would like a few more pair.

Thanks again for posting.

5. AllenEdmondsCEO

AllenEdmondsCEO Active Member

"One thought for Mr. AE CEO, please bring back the Mora. There is a currently a large demand for a double monk. I was lucky enough to get one pair before you stopped producing them and I would like a few more pair."

HarleyBob -

Thanks for the input and your loyalty to AE. These direct conversations are a great advantage for us, do keep it coming. We're working on the new Mora right now for introduction later this year/early next. There are a couple of improvements we want to make to the first version, before we introduce the second. Stay tuned.

Thanks again,
    Paul

6. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Senior member

7. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

triple monks? [​IMG]

no please don't, I'm just kidding.

I suspect the Mora will be welcomed, though with a few adjustments to make it better.

8. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

Allen Edmonds is based in Minneapolis? [​IMG]

Nice!

9. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

I was so impressed by this thread I bought a pair of Leeds instead of an Alden PTB.

10. Patrologia

Patrologia Senior member

Allen Edmonds is based in Minneapolis? [​IMG]

I wondered the same thing, I thought he'd be right up the road from me.

(Not that I think it matters all that much, as long as they keep having 2 shoe banks in close driving distance! [​IMG] )

11. Brogued

Brogued Senior member

"One thought for Mr. AE CEO, please bring back the Mora. There is a currently a large demand for a double monk. I was lucky enough to get one pair before you stopped producing them and I would like a few more pair."

HarleyBob -

Thanks for the input and your loyalty to AE. These direct conversations are a great advantage for us, do keep it coming. We're working on the new Mora right now for introduction later this year/early next. There are a couple of improvements we want to make to the first version, before we introduce the second. Stay tuned.

Thanks again,
    Paul

Great news about the Mora.

12. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

Allen Edmonds is still just outside Milwaukee. But I believe the CEO has an office in Minneapolis.

Chris

13. gsgleason

gsgleason Senior member

wow, nice! That's a SA acting the way the CEO would.

Really? The CEOs I know seem to do little more than:
    1) Play golf
    2) Inquire as to how to make the color red go away on whatever the trivial report of the day happens to be
    3) Embezzle

Anyway, I too am happy with my local AE store in Denver. So far I like the company quite well, and I'm glad to support the local economy by buying a product made here by an old, reputable company.

14. Storm33

Storm33 Senior member

Really? The CEOs I know seem to do little more than:
    1) Play golf
    2) Inquire as to how to make the color red go away on whatever the trivial report of the day happens to be
    3) Embezzle

That's unfortunate to read...how many CEOs do you actually know, personally? It seems like you're buying into what the media wants you to believe about corporate leaders. There's no question that there are some bad apples out there, and they are the primary focus of the primetime press. Do you have any idea how many corporations there are in the U.S.? Think about that, and consider how many CEOs there are. Many of them care a great deal about the mission of their company as well as the prosperity of their employees and the communities in which they do business. Seriously.

I read Paul's blog and occasionally find stories about AE. I get the impression that he is one of those leaders who cares deeply about the success of his American industry, cares about his customers, and genuinely likes shoes.

15. gsgleason

gsgleason Senior member

That's unfortunate to read...how many CEOs do you actually know, personally? It seems like you're buying into what the media wants you to believe about corporate leaders. There's no question that there are some bad apples out there, and they are the primary focus of the primetime press. Do you have any idea how many corporations there are in the U.S.? Think about that, and consider how many CEOs there are. Many of them care a great deal about the mission of their company as well as the prosperity of their employees and the communities in which they do business. Seriously.

I read Paul's blog and occasionally find stories about AE. I get the impression that he is one of those leaders who cares deeply about the success of his American industry, cares about his customers, and genuinely likes shoes.

I think Paul is the exception, not the rule. Perhaps I am jaded by working for a massive multi-national corporation whose "leaders" are completely out-of-touch with what it is we actually do and what our clients pay for.

I cannot say I know CEOs. I am a lowly worker-bee who does some of the actual work for which our clients pay. I've met and spoken to the last couple CEOs my company has gone through, and frankly their inability to communicate with normal people is astounding.

A bit off topic. Sorry.

I do applaud Paul for actually communicating with the community and his consumers directly. I think this would be a better world if that was the norm for American business.

/rant