• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Incredible service at Allen-Edmond

vaulter1

Reaction score
I've been a longtime lurker on this forum but my recent experience at an Allen-Edmonds shop in Manhattan prompted me to register so I could share the story. For those of you who don't like long reads, the paraphrased story is: I received exceptional customer service at Allen-Edmonds and will go back there again. Keep reading for the longer version.

My fiancÃ
00a9.png
e and I recently took a trip to New York to buy, among other things, a suit and shoes for me for our wedding in September (Chicago native but we live in Johannesburg South Africa currently and the discount air tickets worked out cheaper than buying the clothing in SA). I have always heard great things about Allen-Edmonds shoes and decided to spoil myself with a pair of black Park Avenue shoes to replace my aging Bostonians for the big day. We went into the shop on the Avenue of the Americas and were helped by a very friendly and knowledgeable salesman named Sergio. I decided on the Park Avenues and told him I'd look around the shop a bit before ringing up the sale. I noticed a nice pair of brown loafers on sale and asked if they had a 10.5 (same size as the PA). He fetched them for me to try on and they were just a bit too big - here's where the service steps up a notch. He had neither the black or brown ones in stock in 10 but asked whether I would be willing to wait a few minutes. I assumed he was checking the other stores for stock and would get them to hold a pair for me. Not quite. He walked out from the back room carrying his overcoat and said he'd found a pair at the Madison avenue shop and he'd be back in 15 minutes. Lo and behold, a bit less than 15 minutes later he was back from his 1 mile jaunt with the shoes in hand. I tried them on, they fit perfectly, and I'm wearing them today. I would have been satisfied if he'd told me where to go and try on a pair in the right size but instead he took the initiative to fetch a pair for me, shoes that I wasn't even sure I'd buy. I've recounted this tale to everyone that will listen as an example of going above and beyond the expected service level and I will continue to recommend Allen-Edmonds shoes, not only for their great fit and impeccable workmanship but for their extraordinary customer service.

Thanks for reading,
Travis

tweedydon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is very cool! Kudos to Sergio--and thanks to the OP for postng this!

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
wow, nice! That's a SA acting the way the CEO would.

stay safe in JoBerg

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Storm33
If I may recommend, it would be a good idea for OP to share this information with the CEO. I'm sure there's some way to get to him through the AE website.

He posts on AAAC and I think he lurks here as well.

Sentinel

Reaction score
That is incredible service. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

Dib

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Storm33
If I may recommend, it would be a good idea for OP to share this information with the CEO. I'm sure there's some way to get to him through the AE website.

+1

There are so many examples of bad customer service it would be great if on those rare occasions where an SA displays excellent customer service they get acknowledged/rewarded for it.

JGloger

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this great experience. It's very good to hear that food customer service still exists out there. Also, I agree with the suggestions to somehow send feedback to the company or the CEO specifically.

wizard7926

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dib
+1

There are so many examples of bad customer service it would be great if on those rare occasions where an SA displays excellent customer service they get acknowledged/rewarded for it.

Agreed. So many times all you see on review sites or in suggestion boxes are just criticisms, insults and cuss words.

Glad to hear at least some customer service still exists. Nice story, OP.

mrjames

Reaction score
that's great to hear- definitely pass some praise onto AE, i've been having very poor SA experiences recently so this re kindles my hope for humanity

my favorite above and beyond story was when I really needed a pair of shoes for a fashion show, and I had a good relationship with the store- so the mananger drove from his house and a sunday evening to open up the store only for me, to sell me the shoes- made me feel pretty big time
wink.gif

Nick V.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have a nice working relationship with the 6th av location.
This morning I called Sergio and told Him about this thread. I also forwarded it to Julie, the store manager. They really appreciated the OP's comments. Julie in turn, forwarded the thread to AE's Retail Director.
As large as the company is and, as fast as it's growing, it's run closely knit. It wouldn't surprise me if the CEO is already aware of Sergio's effort. They take as much pride in their cs as they do in there products. It probably is a good idea if the OP contacts the CEO. Don't be surprised if you hear back from Him!

lithdoc

Reaction score
I have also nothing but good things to say about customer service both at their Port Washington locatin as well as here locally in Troy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads