• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Thanks. Tie is E.G. Cappelli, PS I forgot, I think maybe Robert Talbott? Here's a little better shot:
c282690c.jpg

Also, I lost the socks, wasn't feeling them.
c4deb7ff.jpg

You are like a one man blue pants brigade, Spoo. I admire you.
lol8[1].gif

Mike

Edgar Allan Pwn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Haven't worn this Spano in a while and have never taken good pics of it. I wanted to try it today because I have been considering passing it along. It is a little long. I also can see that it was altered by my tailor before we had "the formula" down....i.e. note the too long sleeves and the little cuffs.
lol8[1].gif
All, fixable of course......

Anyway, have a good one!

Mike

OldSpano1.JPG

OldSpano2.JPG

Moment of truth!
laugh.gif

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Holdfast - is that an Ede suit? I've been on a big hunt for exactly that. Looks great..especially sans the flower.
That flower wasn't actually my idea, it has to be said! But when my adoring public demands...
laugh.gif
Suit is Zegna mainline, from at least a few years ago.
Originally Posted by ctp120
A rare lighter-suit day. Lately, when I have to wear one, a dark one is usually required.
Light suits can also be conservative enough for most modern workplaces, if done right. This is a good example; I really like it. The tie, I'd take or leave, but I guess the lighting may be affecting my appreciation.
Originally Posted by edmorel
photo-39.jpg

Beefy - but very nice- fabric on that jacket.
Originally Posted by artoftime
Thank you - love that SC (suit?) fabric
Suit.
smile.gif
Originally Posted by niidawg3
Sourcing artwork at the neighborhood art joint ...
488720f1.jpg
[/SPOILER]

Welcom back; I like the shirt here Great colours & pattern.
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
5yeL.png
Very clean. I dig. I feel the finishing touch to this outfit prior to posting it in this thread should have been using a large bullseye target on my face instead of the usual black rectangle! But it's a sunny day, and there was nothing more strenuous in my diary than a leisurely al fresco lunch at a favourite local restaurant, reading the paper and doing the crossword, so I feel some leeway must surely be permitted.
wink.gif
At the very least, I should be given credit for my brilliant innovation of the day: instant turnback cuffs. This jacket came with working sleeve buttons, and the sleeves can't be shortened any further despite still being a trifle long for me. But by undoing the bottom two buttons, turning back the cuffs, and then buttoning the lowest buttonhole back up on the second button... perfect! Evil genius, or what?
K1K8S.jpg

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is a little long.

You referring to jacket length? I think it actually looks better than most of your other jackets which, for your build, and IMHO, look to be a little short.

Edit: on second viewing...maybe a smidge too long.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nice combo, banis.
cheers.gif

Panta. Believe the hype.

Cuffs!
wow.gif
I know you don't usually like them, but to me that small detail finishes the look.

And even though ed will hate it, I like the no sock look with loafers. (hide behind wall)

Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
This was my first Ercoles commission, and has been altered twice as my upper body gained mass.

Rob, it looks like the front/back balance is off. Like the front of the jacket is riding up too high. Your newer Ercoles stuff is really coming out nicely.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
I feel the finishing touch to this outfit prior to posting it in this thread should have been using a large bullseye target on my face instead of the usual black rectangle! But it's a sunny day, and there was nothing more strenuous in my diary than a leisurely al fresco lunch at a favourite local restaurant, reading the paper and doing the crossword, so I feel some leeway must surely be permitted.
wink.gif

At the very least, I should be given credit for my brilliant innovation of the day: instant turnback cuffs. This jacket came with working sleeve buttons, and the sleeves can't be shortened any further despite still being a trifle long for me. But by undoing the bottom two buttons, turning back the cuffs, and then buttoning the lowest buttonhole back up on the second button. Evil genius, or what?

K1K8S.jpg

HOLY ******* ****.
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif

Originally Posted by embowafa
You referring to jacket length? I think it actually looks better than most of your other jackets which, for your build, and IMHO, look to be a little short.

Edit: on second viewing...maybe a smidge too long.

Yes, the jacket length. This is a semi-long.

Mike

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Evil genius, or what?

K1K8S.jpg

Definitely! Rolling the tie up and putting it in your fridge would have made it even more brilliant...

Other than that, and as you probably know this isn't my style at all, I like it. Nice fit on the trousers, good shoes. Whoa. Need a sofa now.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker

Cuffs!
wow.gif
I know you don't usually like them, but to me that small detail finishes the look.

And even though ed will hate it, I like the no sock look with loafers. (hide behind wall)

I learned it from watching you, dad!!!

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holdfast, good god man, that is bold! As usual I love the coat.
Mike if there was a chance it could be made to fit, I would gladly re-home that suit for you, alas, I fear our converging taste yet wildly opposing stature may cause me some distress when you sell this badboy!
-TTO

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TTO
Holdfast, good god man, that is bold! As usual I love the coat.
Thanks. I blame the sun. It made me do it.
biggrin.gif
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Doc (Holdfast)-THAT IS AWESOME!
HOLY ******* ****.
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif

ALL CAPS means my work here is done... well except for this...
Originally Posted by NOBD
Definitely! Rolling the tie up and putting it in your fridge would have made it even more brilliant... Other than that, and as you probably know this isn't my style at all, I like it. Nice fit on the trousers, good shoes. Whoa. Need a sofa now.
Ah, the perfect reaction.
laugh.gif
Come to the not-so-dark-side!
devil.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads