HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

Thanks. Tie is E.G. Cappelli, PS I forgot, I think maybe Robert Talbott? Here's a little better shot:
    [​IMG]

Also, I lost the socks, wasn't feeling them.
    [​IMG]

You are like a one man blue pants brigade, Spoo. I admire you. [​IMG]

Mike

2. Edgar Allan Pwn

Edgar Allan Pwn Senior member

Haven't worn this Spano in a while and have never taken good pics of it. I wanted to try it today because I have been considering passing it along. It is a little long. I also can see that it was altered by my tailor before we had "the formula" down....i.e. note the too long sleeves and the little cuffs. [​IMG] All, fixable of course......

Anyway, have a good one!

Mike

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Moment of truth! [​IMG]

3. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Holdfast - is that an Ede suit? I've been on a big hunt for exactly that. Looks great..especially sans the flower.
    That flower wasn't actually my idea, it has to be said! But when my adoring public demands... [​IMG] Suit is Zegna mainline, from at least a few years ago.
    A rare lighter-suit day. Lately, when I have to wear one, a dark one is usually required.
    Light suits can also be conservative enough for most modern workplaces, if done right. This is a good example; I really like it. The tie, I'd take or leave, but I guess the lighting may be affecting my appreciation.
    [​IMG]
    Beefy - but very nice- fabric on that jacket.
    Thank you - love that SC (suit?) fabric
    Suit. [​IMG]
    Sourcing artwork at the neighborhood art joint ...
    [​IMG] [/SPOILER]

Welcom back; I like the shirt here Great colours & pattern.
    [​IMG]
    Very clean. I dig. I feel the finishing touch to this outfit prior to posting it in this thread should have been using a large bullseye target on my face instead of the usual black rectangle! But it's a sunny day, and there was nothing more strenuous in my diary than a leisurely al fresco lunch at a favourite local restaurant, reading the paper and doing the crossword, so I feel some leeway must surely be permitted. [​IMG] At the very least, I should be given credit for my brilliant innovation of the day: instant turnback cuffs. This jacket came with working sleeve buttons, and the sleeves can't be shortened any further despite still being a trifle long for me. But by undoing the bottom two buttons, turning back the cuffs, and then buttoning the lowest buttonhole back up on the second button... perfect! Evil genius, or what?
    [​IMG]

4. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

It is a little long.

You referring to jacket length? I think it actually looks better than most of your other jackets which, for your build, and IMHO, look to be a little short.

Edit: on second viewing...maybe a smidge too long.

5. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Are those shoes made by Sutor?

Not sure, they may be...I'm not a shoe guy, I bet Spoo would know.

Doc (Holdfast)-THAT IS AWESOME!

6. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Nice combo, banis. [​IMG]

Panta. Believe the hype.

Cuffs! [​IMG] I know you don't usually like them, but to me that small detail finishes the look.

And even though ed will hate it, I like the no sock look with loafers. (hide behind wall)

This was my first Ercoles commission, and has been altered twice as my upper body gained mass.

Rob, it looks like the front/back balance is off. Like the front of the jacket is riding up too high. Your newer Ercoles stuff is really coming out nicely.

7. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

I feel the finishing touch to this outfit prior to posting it in this thread should have been using a large bullseye target on my face instead of the usual black rectangle! But it's a sunny day, and there was nothing more strenuous in my diary than a leisurely al fresco lunch at a favourite local restaurant, reading the paper and doing the crossword, so I feel some leeway must surely be permitted. [​IMG]

At the very least, I should be given credit for my brilliant innovation of the day: instant turnback cuffs. This jacket came with working sleeve buttons, and the sleeves can't be shortened any further despite still being a trifle long for me. But by undoing the bottom two buttons, turning back the cuffs, and then buttoning the lowest buttonhole back up on the second button. Evil genius, or what?

[​IMG]

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

You referring to jacket length? I think it actually looks better than most of your other jackets which, for your build, and IMHO, look to be a little short.

Edit: on second viewing...maybe a smidge too long.

Yes, the jacket length. This is a semi-long.

Mike

8. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Evil genius, or what?

[​IMG]

Definitely! Rolling the tie up and putting it in your fridge would have made it even more brilliant...

Other than that, and as you probably know this isn't my style at all, I like it. Nice fit on the trousers, good shoes. Whoa. Need a sofa now.

9. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Cuffs! [​IMG] I know you don't usually like them, but to me that small detail finishes the look.

And even though ed will hate it, I like the no sock look with loafers. (hide behind wall)

I learned it from watching you, dad!!!

10. TTO

TTO Senior member

Holdfast, good god man, that is bold! As usual I love the coat.
    Mike if there was a chance it could be made to fit, I would gladly re-home that suit for you, alas, I fear our converging taste yet wildly opposing stature may cause me some distress when you sell this badboy!
    -TTO

11. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Holdfast, good god man, that is bold! As usual I love the coat.
    Thanks. I blame the sun. It made me do it. [​IMG]
    Doc (Holdfast)-THAT IS AWESOME!
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ALL CAPS means my work here is done... well except for this...
    Definitely! Rolling the tie up and putting it in your fridge would have made it even more brilliant... Other than that, and as you probably know this isn't my style at all, I like it. Nice fit on the trousers, good shoes. Whoa. Need a sofa now.
    Ah, the perfect reaction. [​IMG] Come to the not-so-dark-side! [​IMG]

12. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Ah, the perfect reaction. [​IMG]

Come to the not-so-dark-side! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please post in CBD thread now.

13. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

Thanks Holdfast- by the way- I like the new short-hair look on you.

14. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

15. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

A multi-threak look. At home here and in the Creepy Sartorial Images threak [​IMG]

Too much male feet skin being shown lately on here. Nii, Spoo. Need at least a NSFW/spoiler tag [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.