1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

Is this a tree of pot behind you?

2. D Yizz

D Yizz Senior member

LOL!!! I believe that's a mango tree.

3. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

Unlined 6fold by Gshen [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I love you this big, guys. [​IMG]

Love the shoes, and the stripes! Tell us about the stripes...do they have a specific name....call me uneducated, but eager to learn. Who is the suit maker?

4. Fred49

Fred49 Senior member

Its a >>>>[​IMG] <<<<< just over and over and over again

5. 0b5cur1ty

0b5cur1ty Senior member

Catching up on this thread:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Two very strong fits from you, though the scruffy turn-ups spoil the second one for me. If the bottom looked as smart as the top, this would be killer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Like this as it is. With a knit tie, I'd love it.

[​IMG]

Nice but the top half is, dare I say it, a little monochromatic. I know that's rich coming from me, but a more contrasting tie would have gone well here.

[​IMG]
    Is there a grey suit/lighter blue shirt/darker blue tie combo that doesn't look good? If there is, I haven't seen it.

I think you'll look better with lesser waist suppression, gshen.
    +1. Looks a bit extreme in that pic.

6. 0b5cur1ty

0b5cur1ty Senior member

Wish I'd taken pics yesterday, as it was the first linen suit day of the year... but no time. Instead you'll have to make do with today's standard fit:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. ndw

ndw Senior member

[​IMG]

^I love the shoes, shirt, and tie, but apparently I am in the minority in thinking the stripes on the suit make it look dated (if it were a normal pin or chalk stripe it'd be AG). Also, I think the trouser is too trim below the knee and makes you look top heavy in conjunction with the coat.

It's a pretty obscure make, you've probably never heard of them...

They're handmade in Germany by a company called reiz- this model is called 'Krocus' (if I remember correctly)

Yup, never heard of them. Very nice at any rate.

[​IMG]

^This is great. You have done a very nice job editing your wardrobe.

[​IMG]

Cool photo.

[.static.flickr.com/2755/5761837019_785e2f9075_z.jpg[/img][/url]

^Absolutely flawless in my book (maybe a lil too nipped at the waist).

8. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Diggin the pants, HF.

Thanks; your multi-coloured flat cap is so much fun and your style works with it. Sadly, flat caps make me look daft. I think for my style, I need to be a bit older before I can work the flat cap.

You seem to have two fits - drapey HF and slim HF. This appears to be the latter, and personally I like it better on you.

This is pretty accurate, in terms of having two different silhouettes. Perhaps counter-intuitively, my slimmer stuff tends to be summery, and the more relaxed stuff tends to be wintery. Not a hard and fast rule, but I've noticed I naturally tend to pick items that way. Maybe one day, the seasons will harmonise? [​IMG]

Those trousers of yours make the fit - good choice!
    this is very nice HF. I like the choice in pants. Picks off the check really well.

Thanks, both! That was indeed the thought behind the pairing.

I am in the early stages of teaching myself how to make clothing. SF was a big part of driving me to do so. Here is my first effort - a pair of pants.

Interesting project you've given yourself. Good luck with it!

May do a full week of WAYWRN soon for shits and giggles.

Do it; it's nice to have a good variety of looks.

Thought I'd stick this one over the fence and see the reactions.

Objectively, I really appreciate it. The textures are interesting, the colours co-ordinate well, and the pieces mesh well to create a somewhat urban vibe. On that level, I really like it. Would never want to wear it personally, but that's a totally separate matter.

[​IMG]

You're going to give me nightmares... [​IMG]

[​IMG][/SPOILER]

You know I dig your style, but this is a miss for me.

The suit stripes appear garish, even from a distance, and the natural "rumpledness" of that unlined tie appears to be fighting the sharpness of the suit.

[​IMG][/SPOILER]

Fit is really good.

I'm becoming increasingly allergic to the stylistic details of patch pockets on suits, as opposed to their use on odd jackets, though. Very anti-SF of me, I know...

[​IMG]

The pocket square is too intricate/coloured for this I think. A bit rich coming from me, I know, but still!

[​IMG]
    Does the tie have a navy background or a black one. Perhaps controversially, I would prefer it if it's a black background. Navy is still good too, of course, but I think black would be a step up.

[​IMG]
    Very fun. Nice for an al fresco lunch somewhere sunny.

I think you'll look better with lesser waist suppression, gshen.

+1

Time for CSD (Courtroom Summer Dress).

Wonderfully summery.

Nice but the top half is, dare I say it, a little monochromatic. I know that's rich coming from me, but a more contrasting tie would have gone well here.

If that's the case, I don't know which ones us needs a health check more!

Actually, I did think about using a burgundy tie with a similar small pattern to the one I wore, but it didn't look right; fought the jacket's pattern a bit too much. Perhaps if I had a burgundy grenadine or tussah or something like that.

Wish I'd taken pics yesterday, as it was the first linen suit day of the year... but no time. Instead you'll have to make do with today's standard fit

Damn, I think I'm the one who needs the check-up... I'd prefer this with a white square instead of the ?teal one you're wearing. [​IMG]

9. Sander

Sander Senior member

PG, that looks very, very good, even for you.

It puzzles me a little that mtm looks better than bespoke on you but I guess that says more about my idealistic idea of bespoke than anything else.

Especially the shirt collar is the best I've seen on you so far and the ones before never looked bad.

The one thing that could still be improved imho is the shape/size of the lapels. Wider maybe? But really, this is about as good as it gets.

10. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

not likely my friend not likely.

if it helps any your jacket is awesome and the outfit/fit is spot on, one of your better posts if i may say so

[​IMG]

Thanks!

Like this as it is. With a knit tie, I'd love it.

That was my second choice, of course. One of my knits...I tried a copper colored one. It worked, but I preferred yellow. I don't have yellow knit.

^This is great. You have done a very nice job editing your wardrobe.

Thanks, Nick.

Does the tie have a navy background or a black one. Perhaps controversially, I would prefer it if it's a black background. Navy is still good too, of course, but I think black would be a step up.

It is 100% black, HF. I already wore the blue polka dot this week. [​IMG]

MIke

11. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

It is 100% black, HF. I already wore the blue polka dot this week. [​IMG]

Excellent! It is definitely the right choice for that outfit. Great look. [​IMG]

12. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

13. JDMills

JDMills Senior member

Spoo you look bad ass, but you always seem to look pimp in pinstripes, great choice of everything those shoes are just [​IMG], what are they JL?

14. mrjames

mrjames Senior member

Yup, never heard of them. Very nice at any rate.

this was a joke btw, a parody of the 'how many hipsters does it take to change a lightbulb' joke- surprised no one picked up on it

but seriously they are great glasses, but very rare- only 2 shops that stock them in the whole of the uk

15. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

My Bryan Ferry homage.

Last edited: May 12, 2013
  16. Kappelan

Kappelan Senior member

17. acridsheep

acridsheep Senior member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members
    I'm becoming increasingly allergic to the stylistic details of patch pockets on suits, as opposed to their use on odd jackets, though. Very anti-SF of me, I know...

I agree.

18. srivats

srivats Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] I have to start budgeting for these.

19. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I agree.
    Make that three of us. I've gotten rid of my suits with patch pockets, they no longer appeal to me. Odd coats, sure; not suit jackets.

20. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Parker, that suit is badmotherfuckingass. Send it to me please? [​IMG] Thanks for all your Qs and Cs today - Mike - Yes, you know Im not so top heavy.. but I actually lost about 7 pounds since we met, I suppose mostly moobs? [​IMG] The suit needs a definite 1.5" at least taken in around the chest. Nick - Also a good eye, the pants are slim, as the jacket used to be... I need to take that down. Holdfast - Never quite thought of it that way with the slick vs. rumpled. I was just going for color. Ill definitely keep that in mind the next time. This was a really good day on WAYWRN guys.. lots of good feedback and lots of good fits. Lets keep doing it!!! [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.