• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
I'm spend every cent I make. I'm 22 years old, **** saving.

This mindset can lead to trouble, though. It's no big deal right now, because you're still young. But those spending habits at a young age tend to solidify as time wears on. Few people are able to go, "Well, I'm 30, so I'll start saving now."

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PK - my parents pay tuition, food, housing, etc. basically whatever money i earn myself i use to pay for stuff. i've had pretty good jobs so i can afford some expensive clothes, etc.

lol Uncontrol. i agree. until i was 17 i saved all the money i got with US savings bonds. bought a CD with what I had. the interest rates were so low there was just no ******* point.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
This mindset can lead to trouble, though. It's no big deal right now, because you're still young. But those spending habits at a young age tend to solidify as time wears on. Few people are able to go, "Well, I'm 30, so I'll start saving now."
I did. Well I'm not gonna be 30 for a while yet but sort of. More like "Well I have a career and make a respectable income now, time to start saving".

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
I did. Well I'm not gonna be 30 for a while yet but sort of. More like "Well I have a career and make a respectable income now, time to start saving".

I'd guess you're one of the exceptions to the rule. You seem like a responsible guy. I doubt so many people would be up to their eyeballs in debt if more people exhibited that sort of discipline.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Honestly if people around 20 finally have a bit of disposable cash and want to spend it all on fun stuff just for the sake of spending it, go nuts while you can enjoy it, it's one of those things that doesn't stay interesting or exciting for all that long anyway.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
last night I met a guy who recognized my jacket from across the bar and said he used to work for Cloak. it was hugely exciting.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I found a bunch of writing assignments I had from elementary school. The run-on sentences, misspellings and head-scratching syntax kind of reminded me of reading a lot of Tumblr fashion blogs.

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
APK - my parents pay tuition, food, housing, etc. basically whatever money i earn myself i use to pay for stuff. i've had pretty good jobs so i can afford some expensive clothes, etc.

same except I buy my own food and transportation and a few things

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
I found a bunch of writing assignments I had from elementary school. The run-on sentences, misspellings and head-scratching syntax kind of reminded me of reading a lot of Tumblr fashion blogs.
qft.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
I'm spend every cent I make. I'm 22 years old, **** saving.
Originally Posted by APK
I agree, although I don't like the fact that my "friends" and acquaintances always mention stuff like why am I not saving more or buying a car. Its frankly annoying me to know end.
Originally Posted by APK
I know a lot of people don't even want to broach the subject, but I'm genuinely curious here: are these college-aged benefactors just using credit cards that mom and dad pay for or are they actually getting like an "allowance" to fund these designer purchases? I don't come from a poor background, but the above is just foreign territory for me. I've gotten financial help from my mom over the years for things such as groceries or car repairs, but that's mostly because she appreciates me funding my entire college education and living on my own midway through college.
I'm about to talk about myself, hope you don't mind
blush.gif
I live at home, my parents can't afford to pay for a dorm but they help out with my tuition, travel, and food expenses. So, I'm pretty pampered and am quite blessed with the situation I have cuz otherwise I'd never be able to enjoy rick or julius ever. I have an insanely high disposable income cuz I work part time 4 days a week, and soon 6 days a week once my semester ends. My life revolves around buying clothes and alcohol expenses which are rather cheap at college bars. Or I buy alcohol and split it among people and end up spending nothing. So, yah all my money, ALL, goes to clothing. Use to go to travel and videogames, but I quit doing both of those. I save like 50-100 a check now though.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The most my parents ever lent me was 150 bucks and I had to pay them back in a month with interest
laugh.gif
All on my own here homies

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tbh video games and traveling seem a lot more fulfilling and entertaining than clothing to me, but you're you so what you wanna do with your time/money is none of my business.

I end up spending pretty much nothing on clothing at this point. I've already put in my initial (rather large :/) investment into my wardrobe and I pretty much sell as much if not more than I buy these days, maybe I'm losing some money on shipping but that's about it. Spend way too much time on it, though.....

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I traveled because of video games (dont ask), and I still am traveling, but not as frequently. Also, the momentary enjoyment I get especially from video games isn't as fulfilling as putting on stuff I feel so comfortable in. I get a huge sense of fulfillment when I put on new stuff, and I cherish every moment I put on my current stuff,
inlove.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads