Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

it's also wrong to think that other people having credit card debt doesn't affect you. it's a problem for the nation, not just the individual.

That's great and all, but tell that to Cletus, who graduated from a state school, has a wife and 4 kids, and puts his 3D LED TVs and Dodge Ram shit on his cc, and walks with $50K on his card because he knows he's gonna die sometime anyway.

2. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

3. APK

APK Senior member

I know a lot of people don't even want to broach the subject, but I'm genuinely curious here: are these college-aged benefactors just using credit cards that mom and dad pay for or are they actually getting like an "allowance" to fund these designer purchases?

I don't come from a poor background, but the above is just foreign territory for me. I've gotten financial help from my mom over the years for things such as groceries or car repairs, but that's mostly because she appreciates me funding my entire college education and living on my own midway through college.

4. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

^ second, pretty much. Plus working summers, etc. to fund things.

5. APK

APK Senior member

I'm spend every cent I make. I'm 22 years old, fuck saving.

This mindset can lead to trouble, though. It's no big deal right now, because you're still young. But those spending habits at a young age tend to solidify as time wears on. Few people are able to go, "Well, I'm 30, so I'll start saving now."

6. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

PK - my parents pay tuition, food, housing, etc. basically whatever money i earn myself i use to pay for stuff. i've had pretty good jobs so i can afford some expensive clothes, etc.

lol Uncontrol. i agree. until i was 17 i saved all the money i got with US savings bonds. bought a CD with what I had. the interest rates were so low there was just no fucking point.

7. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

This mindset can lead to trouble, though. It's no big deal right now, because you're still young. But those spending habits at a young age tend to solidify as time wears on. Few people are able to go, "Well, I'm 30, so I'll start saving now."
    I did. Well I'm not gonna be 30 for a while yet but sort of. More like "Well I have a career and make a respectable income now, time to start saving".

8. APK

APK Senior member

I did. Well I'm not gonna be 30 for a while yet but sort of. More like "Well I have a career and make a respectable income now, time to start saving".

I'd guess you're one of the exceptions to the rule. You seem like a responsible guy. I doubt so many people would be up to their eyeballs in debt if more people exhibited that sort of discipline.

9. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Honestly if people around 20 finally have a bit of disposable cash and want to spend it all on fun stuff just for the sake of spending it, go nuts while you can enjoy it, it's one of those things that doesn't stay interesting or exciting for all that long anyway.

10. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

last night I met a guy who recognized my jacket from across the bar and said he used to work for Cloak. it was hugely exciting.

11. APK

APK Senior member

I found a bunch of writing assignments I had from elementary school. The run-on sentences, misspellings and head-scratching syntax kind of reminded me of reading a lot of Tumblr fashion blogs.

12. Kvc06

Kvc06 Senior member

APK - my parents pay tuition, food, housing, etc. basically whatever money i earn myself i use to pay for stuff. i've had pretty good jobs so i can afford some expensive clothes, etc.

same except I buy my own food and transportation and a few things

13. robin

robin Senior member

I found a bunch of writing assignments I had from elementary school. The run-on sentences, misspellings and head-scratching syntax kind of reminded me of reading a lot of Tumblr fashion blogs.
    qft.

14. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

last night I met a guy who recognized my jacket from across the bar and said he used to work for Cloak. it was hugely exciting.

haha. that's awesome

15. Lane

Lane Senior member

I'm spend every cent I make. I'm 22 years old, fuck saving.
    I agree, although I don't like the fact that my "friends" and acquaintances always mention stuff like why am I not saving more or buying a car. Its frankly annoying me to know end.
    I know a lot of people don't even want to broach the subject, but I'm genuinely curious here: are these college-aged benefactors just using credit cards that mom and dad pay for or are they actually getting like an "allowance" to fund these designer purchases? I don't come from a poor background, but the above is just foreign territory for me. I've gotten financial help from my mom over the years for things such as groceries or car repairs, but that's mostly because she appreciates me funding my entire college education and living on my own midway through college.
    I'm about to talk about myself, hope you don't mind [​IMG] I live at home, my parents can't afford to pay for a dorm but they help out with my tuition, travel, and food expenses. So, I'm pretty pampered and am quite blessed with the situation I have cuz otherwise I'd never be able to enjoy rick or julius ever. I have an insanely high disposable income cuz I work part time 4 days a week, and soon 6 days a week once my semester ends. My life revolves around buying clothes and alcohol expenses which are rather cheap at college bars. Or I buy alcohol and split it among people and end up spending nothing. So, yah all my money, ALL, goes to clothing. Use to go to travel and videogames, but I quit doing both of those. I save like 50-100 a check now though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.