Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

2. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Just found out that the beverage center near me restocked Dark Horse Reserve Special Black Bier Ale. [​IMG]

3. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

also re toj; I understand that people want it cheaper but they don't go for that much less second hand do they? Seems worth it to just pay the extra 1-200 and get a perfect fit.

4. BB1

BB1 Senior member

I've spent so much on cigar shit that I got no money for clothes (not that I need any but still).

So you're living right at (or beyond) your means? Or do you only budget a certain amount for entertainment/clothing each month?

It would be interesting to learn how many clothing/fashion enthusiasts here have little to no money left after spending their latest paycheck on clothing. I have noticed it is very common for buyers of stuff in my for sale thread to ask if I can hold something until their payday, leading me to believe many here live at the highest lifestyle they can currently afford.

5. APK

APK Senior member

Usa! Usa! Usa!

6. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

The best is when college kids are hawking carpe, rick, dior, etc to make rent, due to 'financial strain', or some shit. I just shake my head.

7. jet

jet Persian Bro

So you're living right at (or beyond) your means? Or do you only budget a certain amount for entertainment/clothing each month?

It would be interesting to learn how many clothing/fashion enthusiasts here have little to no money left after spending their latest paycheck on clothing. I have noticed it is very common for buyers of stuff in my for sale thread to ask if I can hold something until their payday, leading me to believe many here live at the highest lifestyle they can currently afford.

You are right once again, why do you think I wear hanes tees?

8. Oasis

Oasis Senior member

The best is when college kids are hawking carpe, rick, dior, etc to make rent, due to 'financial strain', or some shit. I just shake my head.

Yeah. I live close and at times beyond my means (by beyond I mean beyond current means, I wouldn't buy something I simply couldn't afford atall but if I could put it on a credit card and pay it off or whatever I might consider it) but people trying to sell high end designer wear to pay rent/eat/survive is nuts. [​IMG]

9. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

i think it's impossible to be in college and live "within your means" unless you define that term very loosely.

10. APK

APK Senior member

I was always under the impression that a lot of the college-aged people on here and SuFu were more the benefactors of parents with fat wallets rather than schmucks running up huge credit card debt.

11. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

i think it's impossible to be in college and live "within your means" unless you define that term very loosely.
    Sure, and I've done some dumb shit in school re: money (usually buying weed in stupid large amounts only to have leeches smoke it all haha), but it just seems crazy to splurge on 'balla' items only to flip it a few months later in the same forum. sufu's marketplace, and to a lesser extent, stylezeitgiest, were pretty bad for this IME. I wonder what it is about those kinds of labels that attracts such disproportionate spending.

12. Saul Silver

Saul Silver Senior member

I remember some guy was saying he was using his student loans to buy expensive designer stuff. Many facepalms were had.

This is all really funny considering you can look good without spending thousands of dollars on clothes. And, of course, you can look really bad even when you're wearing expensive designer clothes.

13. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Yea. I mean, it's hard to have a bunch of spare income while in college since you generally are not making money. I mean, i can see people with scholarship/loan money paying for school/rent and then part time job paying for clothes/booze I dunno. People can do what they want imo. Hope people aren't putting themselves in jeopardy at least but doesn't affect me other than people needing to sell nice clothes for cheaper when they need money. Can't complain about that

14. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I, for one, welcome your student loans [​IMG]

15. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

Yea. I mean, it's hard to have a bunch of spare income while in college since you generally are not making money. I mean, i can see people with scholarship/loan money paying for school/rent and then part time job paying for clothes/booze

I dunno. People can do what they want imo. Hope people aren't putting themselves in jeopardy at least but doesn't affect me other than people needing to sell nice clothes for cheaper when they need money. Can't complain about that

I was always under the impression that a lot of the college-aged people on here and SuFu were more the benefactors of parents with fat wallets rather than schmucks running up huge credit card debt.

Sure, and I've done some dumb shit in school re: money (usually buying weed in stupid large amounts only to have leeches smoke it all haha), but it just seems crazy to splurge on 'balla' items only to flip it a few months later in the same forum. sufu's marketplace, and to a lesser extent, stylezeitgiest, were pretty bad for this IME. I wonder what it is about those kinds of labels that attracts such disproportionate spending.
    Damn macuser you started it up again...
    i don't think i'm qualified to speak for anyone else but to me those guys that buy it then flip it are the smart ones. why hold onto clothes? i never sell my personal stuff after i've worn it and now i have a bunch of shit here that i hardly use yet cost me a ton of money. that's partially cause i get bored very quickly.

i think most of the college aged people on here are benefactors of their parents. i certainly am. i dont even have a credit card [​IMG]

it's also wrong to think that other people having credit card debt doesn't affect you. it's a problem for the nation, not just the individual.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.