1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the shah

the shah Senior member

ok, i didn't mean the whole outfit [​IMG] yeah that's too much of a peasant land worker

but it does look nice, as you say [​IMG][​IMG]

just the shirts, you could make it work [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  2. the shah

the shah Senior member

boiled wool ones are unicorns in the wild soaring across moonlight skies. if you do find they are usually ravaged by years of excessive wear and shipped from japan with cigarette stains and alcoholics' dribble sealing pockets. best of luck !
    PS the boiled poly is great from early fall till the tundras are covered in ice, at which point there needs to be a more substantial layer as outerwaer. but it has a stretchy property meaning a wool sweater can easily fit underneath

3. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

Ah, gotcha. The pics you posted are nice (great textures). I'm convinced and will check him out.

1 person likes this.
  4. sipang

sipang Senior member

I want a fabrics/materials/textures thread, with nice close ups and all

5. snake

snake Senior member

But it would just end up as a Schneider appreciation thread.

6. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

Not opposed to that

7. Desi

Desi Senior member

8. the shah

the shah Senior member

there already is one of those, and i'm mad at it.

also, i don't have a suitable camera (mine is 7 pixel max resolution) to contribute to such a thread so i cannot start it lest i post stock pics but then you all can google such things yourselves!

9. Lane

Lane Senior member

maybe she wanted your dick, but you kept looking at cloth.

10. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

lol. I should use that response more often.

I don't think it would just be a Schneider thread if people who cared posted other work. In any case, there's only one way to know, which is to try it.

11. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

+1

Would also contribute!

Shah, just get the pany gf-1 or 2 already! You are Enabler-in-chief and you don't follow your own credo :p

12. Local_Disk

Local_Disk Senior member

Does it make anyone else feel uncomfortable when someone who doesn't spend much on clothing asks you how much you spent on your expensive clothes? I never give anyone a realistic figure because they'd think I'm crazy.

13. the shah

the shah Senior member

I should bring you up to date ! The micro4/3 interchangeable systems no longer tickle my fancy, I've decided the increased portability isn't worth sacrificing the true power of a dslr because portability is just a mirage when you're carrying 3-4 lenses and a body. Instead, I'm working on enabling myself to get a fuji x10 fixed lense. It looks incredible. But self-enabling, much like self-denial, is far more difficult than it may sound

14. Lane

Lane Senior member

this has been discussed ad nauseum, but yah... to bring a little anecdote of mine into it. I had some SA follow me around at all saints recently. She kept talking to me about clothes and shit and she gave me recommendations, she told me g-star does similar waxed jeans as mine. I was wearing julius jeans, lol. Then she showed me a bunch of lame basics which suck, and said they are good cuz they are soft and shit like my shirts. I asked about coats cuz I wanted to get something cuz I'm freezing my ass off and can't find a designer one I like. She tried to get me to try on a 38 when even the size 36 fits way too big for me at the tore, I was getting really annoyed.

Eventually the question finally came about where I buy my clothes, and I said I buy stuff at a boutique in NYC, and she kept asking more questions and she got me to cave in, and I let out the fact that my jacket was rick owens and she was really amazed, lol. Good thing this was a stranger and not someone who would crucify me for the price. In this instance nothing went wrong cuz it was a stranger.

It really sucks cuz you wanna avoid the confrontation with people you know, but people are nosey little shits and wanna know everything about you cuz they can't stand you being better than them in some aspect. This is not always the case, but the times I have been honest with people that know me its been the worst. So, honesty isn't key unless its a stranger imo.

15. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

people always try to guess how much the junya screen printed jeans were once they figure out what's going on. their guesses vary wildly.

other than that I've never had anyone ask how much something costs, usually they'll just ask where I got it or who the designer is.

16. Desi

Desi Senior member

When you buy everything off of the supermarket like me you can just claim "vintage". That or say that my southern upbringing does not permit me to share the price of my particular goods.

I approached a lady at work because I thought she was wearing the paul smith backwards cardigan. It was just something she bough 15 or so years ago. Didn't stop it from looking good on her. Same with a lady that wore the shit out of my payless x isabel collab shoes. We were boardline flirting hard.

1 person likes this.
  17. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Atlas Sound show tonight. :slayer:

(Not that it's really :slayer: -type music.)

18. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Saw him earlier this summer. Great show!

Actually saw both Atlas and Deerhunter this summer. :slayer:

19. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

word, going tomorrow.

20. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

while im not worried about tiring of the pieces i have in a year or so (most is black and white) i often think about how im going to put my boots on or if ill have the patience to dress up when im old :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.