• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash1080
Stupid? Come on, that's absurd.

At 21 (any college age for that matter) I feel travel is a great opportunity and it would be stupid NOT to travel as much as you can. I keep limiting my travels by spending a lot on clothes. If you have the coin, then **** yeah, of course nicer **** is better. I'm starting to have to pick one or the other though and I feel travel is a better choice.

EDIT: Also, with most tops and bottoms, you almost always lose a ton after you wear for a bit then decide to resell. It seems leather goods and footwear hold their value a lot better.

im going to vegas this summer, and I bought everything I wanted from SS2011 julius already.

also, if you're always thinking about reselling than you must be buying stuff you don't like, or you aren't dead set on your style direction yet. Footwear doesn't hold its value that well, lol.

James_M

Reaction score
Not sure going to Vegas counts as traveling and seeing the world.

Footwear is definitely a good place to throw the most money at first.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vegas isn't really traveling. It's a fun place to go once, but it's just a party spot, not really a cultural experience. and Vegas can actually be seen pretty ******* cheap if you don't stay on the strip and gamble all the time.

Compared to let's say Europe. You're talking $750-$1k round trip airfare....flights between countries, hostels and then to be safe, 100euro a day spending money. It's a MUCH bigger investment than a 5 day domestic party trip.

It's impossible, (unless daddy has deep pockets) to even think about doing a big trip like that and spend more than $1000 on clothes the entire year. and that's IF you have a job or you've got extra loan money.

I REALLY do wonder where some of these ppl on here get all their money for clothes. My parents haven't bought me an article of clothing since I was like 16.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I might study abroad next year. However, yes, I'm not looking for any cultural experience. Just wanna get ******* wet.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I stays not paying for that ****. Last time I was at vegas I collected all the coat hangers cards those illegal mexicans pass out on the sidewalk, though.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
******* noob threaks.
ffffuuuu.gif
On another note,
foo.gif
never fails to deliver.

ramp

Reaction score
Lane, when you going to Vegas? pm if you want. I may be going this summer depending on how my Cali gambling goes and if everyone's schedule aligns.

Oh, and my random fashion thought:

Has anyone else noticed a distinct smell on garments proxied from Japan? It's not a bad smell, but maybe 1/2 of everything I've got has smelled...kinda salty or something. Haven't smelled something like it in the States.

ramp

Reaction score
^That directed towards me? Didn't mean anything related to the tsunami. I've noticed it long before then and also with my latest package.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
none of my **** has smelled ramp, wtf are you buying anyways? i thought you gave up on the path to a ninja, and you chose the blue pill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads