Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lane

Lane Senior member

Stupid? Come on, that's absurd.

At 21 (any college age for that matter) I feel travel is a great opportunity and it would be stupid NOT to travel as much as you can. I keep limiting my travels by spending a lot on clothes. If you have the coin, then fuck yeah, of course nicer shit is better. I'm starting to have to pick one or the other though and I feel travel is a better choice.

EDIT: Also, with most tops and bottoms, you almost always lose a ton after you wear for a bit then decide to resell. It seems leather goods and footwear hold their value a lot better.

im going to vegas this summer, and I bought everything I wanted from SS2011 julius already.

also, if you're always thinking about reselling than you must be buying stuff you don't like, or you aren't dead set on your style direction yet. Footwear doesn't hold its value that well, lol.

2. ryannn

ryannn Senior member

Anyone know a list of Sacai's online stockist?

3. James_M

James_M Senior member

Not sure going to Vegas counts as traveling and seeing the world.

Footwear is definitely a good place to throw the most money at first.

4. Lane

Lane Senior member

he was talking about traveling in general.

5. dmash

dmash Senior member

Vegas isn't really traveling. It's a fun place to go once, but it's just a party spot, not really a cultural experience. and Vegas can actually be seen pretty fucking cheap if you don't stay on the strip and gamble all the time.

Compared to let's say Europe. You're talking $750-$1k round trip airfare....flights between countries, hostels and then to be safe, 100euro a day spending money. It's a MUCH bigger investment than a 5 day domestic party trip.

It's impossible, (unless daddy has deep pockets) to even think about doing a big trip like that and spend more than $1000 on clothes the entire year. and that's IF you have a job or you've got extra loan money.

I REALLY do wonder where some of these ppl on here get all their money for clothes. My parents haven't bought me an article of clothing since I was like 16.

6. Lane

Lane Senior member

I might study abroad next year. However, yes, I'm not looking for any cultural experience. Just wanna get my dick wet.

7. James_M

James_M Senior member

So you're going where prostitution is legal?

8. dmash

dmash Senior member

9. Lane

Lane Senior member

I stays not paying for that shit. Last time I was at vegas I collected all the call girl cards those illegal mexicans pass out on the sidewalk, though.

10. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

Fucking noob threaks. [​IMG] On another note, [​IMG] never fails to deliver.

11. ramp

ramp Senior member

Lane, when you going to Vegas? pm if you want. I may be going this summer depending on how my Cali gambling goes and if everyone's schedule aligns.

Oh, and my random fashion thought:

Has anyone else noticed a distinct smell on garments proxied from Japan? It's not a bad smell, but maybe 1/2 of everything I've got has smelled...kinda salty or something. Haven't smelled something like it in the States.

12. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

13. ramp

ramp Senior member

^That directed towards me? Didn't mean anything related to the tsunami. I've noticed it long before then and also with my latest package.

14. Lane

Lane Senior member

none of my shit has smelled ramp, wtf are you buying anyways? i thought you gave up on the path to a ninja, and you chose the blue pill.

15. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Yup. Everything I get from japan has a very plasticky smell. Probably because everything is mailed in plastic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.