Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

Thats true actually. My casual stuff is leaning towards an EG aesthetic and the blazers are ideal too.

Kill the dj made a valid point.

2. DeadDJ

DeadDJ Senior member

Keep it to yourself, nerd.

3. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

Why are you selling the card case?

4. asobu

asobu Senior member

I just want more oversized suits for summer, with half of one on the way

5. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

why are chinos out of stock everywhere in Japan
    called eight stores today

Might need a Roden Gray proxy!!

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Trying to figure out whether or not to have my RRL slim fits hemmed. Aggravating. They are narrow enough, so I know that if I wear them for a week straight, they will stack nicely. However, they are not so narrow at the hem (unlike, say, the Tripleworks slim legs, Diors, etc...) that they look great stacked from minute zero. On the plus side, because they are not that narrow, I can actually pull my socks up.

7. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

Thoughts on Kolor? III = slim 48 yeah? I'm digging some of this shit.
    holy shit, yah ill be there for EVO too. I only play third strike, though so I'm not good at any of this years lineup. Plus, I hate all of the games they put up this year. Pretty much just going for vegas again like last.
    well lets go fuck shit up

8. DeadDJ

DeadDJ Senior member

^Is Kolor the same as Kolor and Science? Keeps popping up on my Yahoo Japan searches.

Why are you selling the card case?
    I'll sell if someone buys it in the next fewweeks before the jacket arrives, whenever that is. It's cool but it's slightly larger than the small card cases I normally carry. Plus since it's half metal, I can't really sit on it - not a huge deal since I'd planned on putting it in a jacket pocket most of the time. But if I find a buyer I'd sell and just grab a bifold leather card holder.

They are narrow enough, so I know that if I wear them for a week straight, they will stack nicely. However, they are not so narrow at the hem (unlike, say, the Tripleworks slim legs, Diors, etc...) that they look great stacked from minute zero.
    Wet them from the knee or shin to the hem and walk around in them in the house until they stack how you want. Leave the house if you want with a story about how you walked through a flood or some shit. Or sit in front of a fan/use a hair dryer on a cool setting. I did this with some APC's and it didn't cause any weird fades. Drying them with cool air means they won't shrink all crazy and if they're raw, will set like that pretty well.

9. asobu

asobu Senior member

genius

yeah, ss01 is great, especially the wrinkled fabrics and the shapes he played with throughout the collection.

I saw those pics and knew who posted them without seeing username

[​IMG]

10. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

Trying to figure out whether or not to have my RRL slim fits hemmed. Aggravating. They are narrow enough, so I know that if I wear them for a week straight, they will stack nicely. However, they are not so narrow at the hem (unlike, say, the Tripleworks slim legs, Diors, etc...) that they look great stacked from minute zero. On the plus side, because they are not that narrow, I can actually pull my socks up.
    RRLs break in quite nicely. I was thinking about hemming my joints for a while and I eventually decided against it. I'm happy with my decision. also - terry socks are the best. everyone should have at least one pair.

11. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Doesn't sound like you need a hem...dunno, I guess I'm usually ok with having dumb-looking stacks for a bit until the denim settles. Wouldn't they look a bit off (spreading out up the length of the lower leg instead of stacking just above the hem) regardless when they're all new and crispy? I'm pretty sure all of my raw denim has done this.

RRLs break in quite nicely. I was thinking about hemming my joints for a while and I eventually decided against it. I'm happy with my decision.

also - terry socks are the best. everyone should have at least one pair.

Your theory may need to be tested. Brand recommendation?

12. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

[​IMG] So, these with white vibram and electric blue strap, opinions?

13. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

why are chinos out of stock everywhere in Japan
    called eight stores today

Might need a Roden Gray proxy!!

Use my service!

14. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

[​IMG]

So, these with white vibram and electric blue strap, opinions?

Sickness.

15. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

I'm not too crazy about leather but I figured it's time I invest in a solid leather boot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.