• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwoyeu
if you're going to kop NBs I'd get these leather 576s (made in england)
large_2793.jpg

large_2792.jpg

much less conspicuous branding (the 'made-in-usa' version on the other hand seems to have branding on the soles?!! wtf?) and great color. i'd kop them but i'm only looking for a pair of running shoes, and these are strictly speaking only for walking so i don't know if functionality-wise i should kop or not. can anyone comment on their suitability for running (jogging actually, nothing intense)?

These would work really well with an eccentric, LN-CC type wardrobe but not with, say, jeans and an OCBD. They remind me of old sauconys, not that that's necessarily bad.

Most NBs are appealing in part b/c of the clunkiness and deliberately nonfashion design. Embrace the ugliness. Like a French bulldog.

grizzlybear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Do you have pics? I am not 100% sure how many versions of the Mollino came out that season but just do not assume it is oiled calf right away.

I tried on an All Saints leather jacket at Bloomingdales (for some reason they carry them now) and look-wise, it captures the aesthetic it intended but quality wasn't too impressive.

ive handled rick leathers before, obviously they are better leather but i think for the price they ask it justifies the price tag since the leather doesnt look like ****. I tried a belstaff panther and i liked it alot but not for $1200
lol8[1].gif

grizzlybear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
I haven't tried it on since I haven't been in NYC in forever even though I was suppose to go february! I'd say buy it if you feel its worth the price. Just know the leather quality is not stellar, and its a blatant copy of the fw09 julius rider. If it fits well, why not? if you're fine with buying derivative stuff its a good buy.

I was trying to buy kelvs but he made me wait for some guy who wants pics of zippers, lolz.

Im applying there for a job so if i get a job def copping with the employee discount
laugh.gif

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lane, if ive learned anything from style forum, dont buy derivative (sup jet-hanes)

go for the real thing, not all saints. please

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
pretty much how i feel about julius: awesome **** i can't wear

I don't really know what kind of stuff I like anymore because I basically like everything, but I love the whole Julius idea of "*******, let's look like badass video game warriors". Because you only get one chance to wear what you want for the number of years you get to have your body, might as well do the thing that gets you on the most primal level.

Like this thing:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
I don't really know what kind of stuff I like anymore because I basically like everything, but I love the whole Julius idea of "*******, let's look like badass video game warriors". Because you only get one chance to wear what you want for the number of years you get to have your body, might as well do the thing that gets you on the most primal level.

Like this thing:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

holy god, sig'd

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grizzlybear
Im applying there for a job so if i get a job def copping with the employee discount
laugh.gif

Discount don't apply to leathers son.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
lane, if ive learned anything from style forum, dont buy derivative (sup jet-hanes) go for the real thing, not all saints. please
I was kidding, I'm not koppin that crapola. That's for london blokes to do.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads