• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I'm in no rush, but is there anywhere I can get myself a pair of Whiskey Longwings for around $400 new? Or is this absolutely absurd.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cioni2k
So I'm in no rush, but is there anywhere I can get myself a pair of Whiskey Longwings for around $400 new? Or is this absolutely absurd.

pretty much unless you get lucky on ebay or on B&S with a little wear

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
pretty much unless you get lucky on ebay or on B&S with a little wear
Seriously. I think irregulars can be had for around $400. But if you're talking about normal sizes first quality....forget about it.

nbernie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cioni2k

My first pair of Aldens were New whiskeys for 425 on ebay.

Just out of curiosity, how much do they go for on B&S/ ebay usually? I'm talking uncreased, no wear on the soles.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nbernie
My first pair of Aldens were New whiskeys for 425 on ebay.

Just out of curiosity, how much do they go for on B&S/ ebay usually? I'm talking uncreased, no wear on the soles.

If its a cigar, ravello, or whiskey its pretty much retail. If you're lucky and wait and wait, maybe you'll get em for a few bucks less, but highly unlikely.

citamlli

Reaction score
I recently purchased some used 975s. I noticed on my right pair on the outer side where the shoe flexes that there is a slight tear beginning. Can this be fixed and should I be concerned.
IMG-20110410-00094-1.jpg
IMG-20110410-00093.jpg

CTYGGG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by citamlli
I recently purchased some used 975s. I noticed on my right pair on the outer side where the shoe flexes that there is a slight tear beginning. Can this be fixed and should I be concerned.
IMG-20110410-00094-1.jpg
IMG-20110410-00093.jpg

I don't see a tear in these pics. If in doubt use a horsehair brush on the area in question. Cordovan is quite resilient.

citamlli

Reaction score
In the first picture, it is to the right of where the shoe is flexed. The tear is very small but none the less a tear. Can I prevent it from getting larger and can I fill it in or anything?

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look what I stumbled upon in the West Village this weekend (total impulse buy) Ravello cordovan Tassel loafer on Aberdeen (sleekest Alden shoe IMO) Antique single (I believe) leather outsole

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mediahound
Sigh. Why do so many use Imageshack? They don't work!
It used to work. I use another provider now but all of my older pics are on Imageshack.
confused.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads