1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scb

scb Senior member

Leffot says they're the perfect winter boot. I think a week of NYC winter would destroy these

2. HorseHide

HorseHide Senior member

With all due respect to Steven - while these are wonderful boots (I own a pair from the first order last year), they are like ice skates when it gets cold/wet.

3. Leighlon

Leighlon Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  4. jet

jet Senior member

Very good thanks, will contact them. Couldn't find anything about the leffot ravello pull tab boot on their site anyone have pics?

5. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Anybody got a 2nds list recently?

6. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

Hi CHRK33

How do I pm you to get on the list for the short wing boot you are putting together

Thanks

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

you have to call them. They just came in

8. jet

jet Senior member

Ah, but why would they not have any pics on their site? Usually seen the preorders on there even searched for them and nothing I want pull tab captoes.

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

From experience, they dont immediately post their inventory to the blog. It usually takes about a week. Stevo said it allowed their regular clients/walk-ins a chance to place their orders. This is especially true with rare shell colors. Usually by the time its posted online, its either sold out and/or sizing is limited

10. jslade

jslade Senior member

I think you guys are getting me mixed up with someone else. The creased lady calf boots that were posted by another member weren't mine. I think it was NAMOR who asked a question re: LS's return policy, which I answered, as I had recently purchased a different pair of calf boots from LS (Pitt Boots) and had asked Bryan of LSBH about their return policy, which was a question he was slightly rude in responding to.

Anyway, I wouldn't try to return shoes that were even slightly creased up, and do agree that the lady calf boots that were posted shouldn't be on the table for return. :satisfied:

On a different note, I really wish that there were more (actually, any) Alden's posted on B&S in my size. I always see such great deals and end up disappointed since they're usually larger than my shoe size (9.5). Saw some worn-once Alden x J. Crew Color 8 captoes going for a great price, but unfortunately, a size too large.

11. burningbright

burningbright Senior member

It's not that great for guys in the 11.5-12 range either. Size 10-10.5 seems to be the money size. That or tiny doll feet sizes.

12. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Jet, the pull tab leffot ravello preorder was done as a SF Alden group buy. That is why you may not be seeing anything on their site about it. Its on the barrie last with double leather sole. Hope that helps. You should call Steven and see if you can get in on the fun. Likely going to be sometime next summer though.

13. mens gaga

mens gaga Well-Known Member

Think​

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  14. mens gaga

mens gaga Well-Known Member

alden
    I​

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  15. scb

scb Senior member

i may be selling some shoes. cigar ptb, whiskey lw and ravello chukka. 10.5d, all barrie. ravello chukka and whiskey worn less than 10 times, cigar about 15. figured i'd see if there's any interest here before i put the effort into making a post on b&s

i bought 10.5d because it's a perfect fit for my left foot. but my right wants an E width, and my pinky toe lets me know at the end of the day that it doesn't like a d width

i think my navy suede ptb is flexible enough to deal with the d width, though if someone wanted those, let me know. also 10.5d barrie. worn 5 times, if that...

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  16. ColtSAA45

ColtSAA45 Member

We are the same size so I am interested in your shoes.

Charles

17. ninja07

ninja07 Senior member

could you send me or post pics of the cigar ptb? thanks

18. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

I want to say nothing. I think Tobacco color is Cigar.

19. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

Your 379X lasted boot (middle of picture) look very different. Does anyone know about that last?​

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.