• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ghostbusters

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
The franchise has always had a weird relationship with Winston. It's been my understanding that the marginalization of the character had less to do with racial stereotyping and more to do with Ernie Hudson, for what it's worth. The role was originally written for Eddie Murphy (Dan Aykroyd's SNL buddy at the time), and when Eddie wasn't available, the role was scaled down drastically. It was originally intended to be a starring role. Personally, I think Hudson did a great job with the part. But he wasn't Aykroyd's first choice, and that elephant in the room caused some bad blood between them.
That's the movie. When the higher ups tell you to start writing the African American character in the cartoon you are writing for as the driver, you have to question the motivation.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The tall guy with the glasses reminds me of Manton.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
The name made it a rip off. The movies predate both cartoons.

I have not played the videogame yet, but he is on the game case:
81AOYqEFD0L._AA1500_.jpg

Plus he is on the movie poster for number two:
ghostbusters_ii_ver3.jpg

I'm talking about the first movie and the first batch of video games. The Nes and Genesis games.

And you're right about the cartoons, although I'm half right too. The Ghostbusters (the one with the Gorilla) was apparently based on a live action series that was on in 1975.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
That's the movie. When the higher ups tell you to start writing the African American character in the cartoon you are writing for as the driver, you have to question the motivation.

The movie was the basis for the cartoon, obviously with some liberties taken by the cartoon writers. Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis created the characters and the franchise. If there was some producer/writer on the show who was demanding that Winston be a driver, then yeah, that's pretty ****** and borderline racist. But he was never a big character to begin with, for reasons I've explained earlier (role was scaled down when Eddie Murphy was not available).

Anthony K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
******* love that film.

+1!

Does anyone remember the Ghostbusters cartoon? That was one of my favorites growing up.

One of my favorites, as well.

I really liked the second one; obviously, it wasn't as great as the first one, but it definitely had its moments. My brother actually ran out of the theater scared of Viggo (the demon in the painting) and didn't come back. Also, I may be in the minority, but I found Annie Potts as Janine hot in the sequel (I know she played Annie in the first one, but something about her in the sequel really turned me on).

I can't wait for Ghostbusters 3.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
The movie was the basis for the cartoon, obviously with some liberties taken by the cartoon writers. Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis created the characters and the franchise. If there was some producer/writer on the show who was demanding that Winston be a driver, then yeah, that's pretty ****** and borderline racist. But he was never a big character to begin with, for reasons I've explained earlier (role was scaled down when Eddie Murphy was not available).

That is exactly what JMS claims happened. No proof beyond that, but if you watch the episodes after he left his writing role on the show you can tell that Winston role was weakened.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I haven't seen that cartoon in years. I used to watch it with my then-five-year-old-brother when I was up early in the morning getting ready for work (I'm 15 years older). It was kinda fun watching it with him.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anyone ever see the updated Ghostbusters cartoon? It was two ghostbuster highschool kids and slimer and one of the kids was in a wheelchair.

I always believed that the Ghostbusters with the Gorilla was a rip off.

PoppDRRT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen a Ghostbusters cartoon since NES had the ghostbusters game..
Felt like it would've taken all the fun out of the movie.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho

I always believed that the Ghostbusters with the Gorilla was a rip off.

Actually, it wasn't. There was a TV show in the 70s called "The Ghost Busters," and it had a gorilla.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
Actually, it wasn't. There was a TV show in the 70s called "The Ghost Busters," and it had a gorilla.

correct

ghostbusters_Larry_Storch_Forrest_Tucker.jpg

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Gorilla with helicopter beanie = InstaComedy!

My brother was an extra in the crowd scenes at the end.

In the scene where the beast runs out the front door of the NY public library, is that early CGI?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I was too young to appreciate that show, unfortunately. and the cartoon version sucked balls.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
correct

ghostbusters_Larry_Storch_Forrest_Tucker.jpg

Good lord - is that man on the left the actor that played Corporal Agarn in "F Troop"??

I never knew that he was in a TV program with a gorilla.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
apparently both of them were on "f troop"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads