• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Relationship Dealbreakers

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MarkI
She had one for awhile, its deactivated, I think she reactivates it for minutes at a time for whatever reason, then deactivates it again.

She is an antisocial weirdo though, I wont like about that.

so you have a girlfriend that doesn't play fecesbook?
eh.gif

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pstoller
Right. Just wanted to confirm the misogynistic double-standards that I thought were in play.

A key that opens many locks is a damn fine key. A lock that gets opened by many keys is a ****** ******* lock.

pstoller

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jarude
A key that opens many locks is a damn fine key. A lock that gets opened by many keys is a ****** ******* lock.

That's a ****** ******* analogy.

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I can chime in with my probably worthless two cents...

I think a big reason why girls sleeping with a number of men, is a big deal as opposed to men sleeping around is that, first of all it's a lot more difficult for a guy to get laid, that and the fact that pretty much the only reason guys seek out casual sex is pure pleasure.

For a woman, first of all it's a lot easier to get laid, even if you're not SO attractive, that and the fact that I feel like woman will sleep with someone due to self esteem issues, blah, blah, not always for pleasure.

pstoller

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MarkI
If I can chime in with my probably worthless two cents...

I think a big reason why girls sleeping with a number of men, is a big deal as opposed to men sleeping around is that, first of all it's a lot more difficult for a guy to get laid, that and the fact that pretty much the only reason guys seek out casual sex is pure pleasure.

For a woman, first of all it's a lot easier to get laid, even if you're not SO attractive, that and the fact that I feel like woman will sleep with someone due to self esteem issues, blah, blah, not always for pleasure.

Let's see: because women can get laid more easily, they should sleep with fewer people. Hey, that makes lots of sense.

Men who use sex to satisfy their own desire for pure pleasure, that's totally cool, whereas women who use sex for the same reason are sluts. Also, men never use sex as a coping mechanism for their self-esteem issues.

I'll give you this: you've got a good handle on the value of your two cents.

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
I don't blame most of these guys, I *might* think a chick who's boned a hundred dudes is kinda gross... I think the examples of average guys boning a hundred chicks are a little overblown (no pun intended). Unless of course he is possibly rich/famous whatnot. We all know we bump up our stats and certain girls might bump down their stats...

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by munchausen
Yeah my relationship status is blank. If my gf and I break up, I would rather not discuss it with every one I know all at once.

Oh yah, add ******* chicks that take facebook hard core seriously. Like crying or starting a big fight when you don't add relationship info onto your profile (I have mine blank and saving for that special someone
inlove.gif
)

mink31

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pstoller
Let's see: because women can get laid more easily, they should sleep with fewer people. Hey, that makes lots of sense.

Men who use sex to satisfy their own desire for pure pleasure, that's totally cool, whereas women who use sex for the same reason are sluts. Also, men never use sex as a coping mechanism for their self-esteem issues.

I'll give you this: you've got a good handle on the value of your two cents.

It makes no sense logically, but when thinking about biological/evolutionary sex differences, it's easy to see why there are double standards. Doesn't make it right, but men are wired to think less of a woman who portrays herself as "less selective," so to speak...

Sherlock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
So it's okay for you to go out and bang a bunch of sluts but your future wife better be stuck at home knitting, saving herself for you? How can you possibly justify this position? In my opinion, It's either okay for both guys and girls to sleep around or it's not okay for either of them to sleep around. Holding one gender to a higher standard just seems fucked.
I guess it's because of my background (I'm from the balkans). I don't go for this "men and women are equal" nonsense that you westerners do. If my brother told me he banged many girls I'd be like "good job bro". If my sister told me she banged a bunch of guys I'd be disgusted and tell her not to talk to me any more.

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sherlock
I guess it's because of my background (I'm from the balkans). I don't go for this "men and women are equal" nonsense that you westerners do. If my brother told me he banged many girls I'd be like "good job bro". If my sister told me she banged a bunch of guys I'd be disgusted and tell her not to talk to me any more.

This "men and women are equal" thing isn't nonsense.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
-Girls that when you see them for second time are browsing over my facebook photos as I walk into a bar, acting like she doesn't know I'm there, but admiring my photos. That was just plain weird.

-Girls that have had past history with psycho's - not normal psychos but hustlers who have threatened to kill me; however, this psycho's main client sent him to rehab for three months to save ******. I can not date these girls.

-Mormon girls - It's hot when your on me telling me how much you want to **** but can not because of God damn church in the morning, but I just can't deal with it.

-Girls who yank their dog quite violently when taking them for a walk, sorry it just seems so damn cruel.

-Crack heads - It isn't cute when I find you on my lawn in the morning after a 12 hour cocaine binge.

-Goth girls, too much leather and hello-kitty.

-Crooked teeth and no car girls, you only want to sleep because I have wheels, and deep down you just want to get on my insurance one day - no thanks.

-Busty drunk ***** girls who I regularly run into, and each time I run into you - you believe my name to be different (Vladimir, Chris, Tom) - and each time you undress telling me how I am not able to handle that much woman (no I can not - you're hangers hang down to your belly button / stretch marks), and then you go on about how I need to drink black coffee, smoke gloves, and read Nietzsche at a coffee shop to land the artsy thin hipster chicks that I dream about when I go into nocturnal submission.

-Girls who document their weight loss via facebook.

-Girls who all they talk about are their runway fantasies, and how much they want John Galliano to **** them, and then you go on about how your **** where the last part of you to grow, and how they are the first part to go, because you really want to look like an emaciated boy.

-Girls who trick me into coming home with them, only for me to find out there hookers, and then they will not blow me because all I have is $6 in my pocket. What a waste of time.

-Girls who cover their mouths when were out on a date - hey I eat too.

-Girls who when we go out to eat are never endlessly texting - am I really that boring? (only happened once really - I paid my half of a $150 tab and walked out)

-Girls who light up a smoke in my bathroom and ash onto my towels, burning holes through them. (seriously?)

-Girls who tell me that their last love fetishized over snuff-films, and how they always fucked to them - why are you telling me this, especially since I met you the other day.

I'm a picky motherfucker I guess. Most of this **** is true.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jarude

A match that lights many candles is a good match. A candle lit by many matches is a good candle. It's sex dude. Beyond a trite phrase what the hell is wrong with everyone getting laid?

I think a big reason why girls sleeping with a number of men, is a big deal as opposed to men sleeping around is that, first of all it's a lot more difficult for a guy to get laid,
So we have jealousy.

that and the fact that pretty much the only reason guys seek out casual sex is pure pleasure.
Guys wouldn't be lying about the number of people they'd boned if sex came down to pleasure only. Why are dudes so quick to say they aren't virgins (sans Neo)? Also, are you really telling me that sex with a condom with a chick that you don't know is going to involve that much pleasure? Maybe the chicks are better lays where you go to school, but well established (but not yet declining) relationship sex is about as good as it gets with the exception of a few awesome hookup experiences IME.

For a woman, first of all it's a lot easier to get laid, even if you're not SO attractive,
Look at the chick you're boning. You honestly think that she's doing you because she can't get a better looking guy? You're hitting some fine meat, and no hate bro, but you aren't quite model material (I'm not saying I am FTR). Attractiveness doesn't mean that much as a dude as long as you pass the binary yes/no. Girls go way below their league all the time.

that and the fact that I feel like woman will sleep with someone due to self esteem issues, blah, blah, not always for pleasure.
See my point above about virginity. Many dudes have their self esteem tied to getting frequently laid. Everyone wants to feel desirable.

Geoff Gander

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
+1. Still love the shocked reactions though. "Whaaaaat! You don't have a Facebook! OMG!" I got that from a 45 year old married woman from Boston this weekend.
laugh.gif
So true! I'm 36 and the only reason I got on last Fall is for professional reasons. If it weren't for that, I'd never have jumped on board. I don't know about the rest of you, but if I haven't stayed in touch with the guys I knew in high school 20 years ago, why the hell would I suddenly do so thanks to FB? [cynic]I think most people get on for the vicarious pleasure of seeing how much better off they are than the people they used to know.[/cynic] I love seeing people's shocked expressions when I tell them I don't text or have a cellphone.
devil.gif
But back to the topic, dealbreakers for me (when I was looking) were: - smoking (big one) - vegetarian (I like meat, and I don't like some stick telling me I'm basically a murderer) - heavy drinker (I'm talking about a girl who starts on Friday night, and wakes up Sunday afternoon with no memory of what happened over the weekend - true story) - crude language (I don't mind the occasional swear word, but if a girl drops an f-bomb every five minutes, I lose respect and interest) - religious (I'm not)

bslo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biscotti
-Girls that when you see them for second time are browsing over my facebook photos as I walk into a bar, acting like she doesn't know I'm there, but admiring my photos. That was just plain weird.

-Girls that have had past history with psycho's - not normal psychos but hustlers who have threatened to kill me; however, this psycho's main client sent him to rehab for three months to save ******. I can not date these girls.

-Mormon girls - It's hot when your on me telling me how much you want to **** but can not because of God damn church in the morning, but I just can't deal with it.

-Girls who yank their dog quite violently when taking them for a walk, sorry it just seems so damn cruel.

-Crack heads - It isn't cute when I find you on my lawn in the morning after a 12 hour cocaine binge.

-Goth girls, too much leather and hello-kitty.

-Crooked teeth and no car girls, you only want to sleep because I have wheels, and deep down you just want to get on my insurance one day - no thanks.

-Busty drunk ***** girls who I regularly run into, and each time I run into you - you believe my name to be different (Vladimir, Chris, Tom) - and each time you undress telling me how I am not able to handle that much woman (no I can not - you're hangers hang down to your belly button / stretch marks), and then you go on about how I need to drink black coffee, smoke gloves, and read Nietzsche at a coffee shop to land the artsy thin hipster chicks that I dream about when I go into nocturnal submission.

-Girls who document their weight loss via facebook.

-Girls who all they talk about are their runway fantasies, and how much they want John Galliano to **** them, and then you go on about how your **** where the last part of you to grow, and how they are the first part to go, because you really want to look like an emaciated boy.

-Girls who trick me into coming home with them, only for me to find out there hookers, and then they will not blow me because all I have is $6 in my pocket. What a waste of time.

-Girls who cover their mouths when were out on a date - hey I eat too.

-Girls who when we go out to eat are never endlessly texting - am I really that boring? (only happened once really - I paid my half of a $150 tab and walked out)

-Girls who light up a smoke in my bathroom and ash onto my towels, burning holes through them. (seriously?)

-Girls who tell me that their last love fetishized over snuff-films, and how they always fucked to them - why are you telling me this, especially since I met you the other day.

I'm a picky motherfucker I guess. Most of this **** is true.

I wouldn't call most (or all) of the things on the list picky.

Out of curiosity, what do you do for a living?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads