• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^ i personally much prefer 100% cotton. you are probably referring to the AA tees? which AA though? I only have experience with alternative apparel tees and the 100% cotton ones are far better in terms of stretch and shrinkage. i own some of the 50/50 type combinations and ended giving to my g/f for lounge/sleep wear. 50/50 sucks unless you're all about comfort but even then, AA in general (i imagine for both brands) make some pretty soft tees compared to your fruit of the loom, etc. 100% cotton you can wash and dry in the machine many times over and will still maintain its form, cant say the same for 50/50

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
can you elaborate? which one has better texture or durability.

aa triblends (rayon poly cotton, i think) drape a little more nicely than their regular cotton tees. it's just different. I will say the triblends are more sturdy than aa's regular tees, but that isn't say much.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by macuser3of5
aa triblends (rayon poly cotton, i think) drape a little more nicely than their regular cotton tees. it's just different. I will say the triblends are more sturdy than aa's regular tees, but that isn't say much.

I'll go with AA tri-blends over just about anything. Pretty sure the fourth and unnamed blend in those things is actually opium.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ feel the same, wish they would do more colors with the fabric, orange rust and the like.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for just basic crews I'm probably going to go with the 100% cotton ones but I like the raglan 3/4 sleeve Ts that only come in 50/50. I'll probably try one and see what it's like. for $10 it's not a huge loss if it sucks.

SwiftLearner

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kill the DJ
I've decided to ditch my old aesthetic and cling to a new one. Black, white, and a little grey, mostly inspired by Margiela and stuff that makes me look nouveau riche. Of all the aesthetics I've tried so far this one makes the most sense since in real life I tend to be a quick witted but unimaginative jerk.

laugh.gif
pretty cool. now i'm going to have to think if my sartorial sensibilities match my personality.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IGF-1
cheap options (under $50?) for harem pants

wanna wear something loose and cropped for bouldering

would try these but nothing to fit 32 waist

Go on ebay and buy some thai fisherman pants for 9$. No foolies.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
anyone familiar with dbss jean sizing? really want those blacks in a size 2 if they fit like dior 19cm. most jeans are either too big or too small in the thigh for me. diors are perfect and i need a pair of black jeans because silent jeans look like pants -_-;

gwydion

Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions for places to look at for inspiration? I have a lot of boring basic stuff in my closet and am bored of it. I wanna do a more sharp tailored look or something. I don't know. Halp!

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nahneun
anyone familiar with dbss jean sizing? really want those blacks in a size 2 if they fit like dior 19cm. most jeans are either too big or too small in the thigh for me. diors are perfect and i need a pair of black jeans because silent jeans look like pants -_-;

Size up, I'm a size 1 in dbss but sized up to a size 2 on the denim. Fits much skinnier than 19cm.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
what's "much skinnier" than 19cm ... sounds painful
Originally Posted by gwydion
Anyone have any suggestions for places to look at for inspiration? I have a lot of boring basic stuff in my closet and am bored of it. I wanna do a more sharp tailored look or something. I don't know. Halp!
look through waywt pics, spend some time on this and other fora, check blogs which just recycle each others contents across the internet, obvious one is thesartorialist but i don't think there's much worthwhile though i haven't looked in some time, also there's a collection of runway shots from the past decade or so sorted by designer and season if you're interested in it 500mb file

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
Size up, I'm a size 1 in dbss but sized up to a size 2 on the denim. Fits much skinnier than 19cm.

no longer interested ._.; i need a sub 7 hem because i have small feet but enough some room in the thigh because i play sports zzzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads